one last dip

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

one last dip

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:10 am

highly unlikely i know but if we made one final purchase (outright / loan) what position would you cover / who would you sign?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Re: one last dip

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:29 am

If money was no object and we didn't have restrictions on foreign trained players it would be Marco Reus all day long.

I think we're short on options on that left side, although that said I'm hoping Lopes eventually fills that void.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Feed The Goat » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:47 am

That Rojo fella if only to piss the rags off
Mcf.net best app in the land and all the world
Feed The Goat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:01 am

I watched Rojo after reading stuff possibly on here, praising him, & I thought he was pretty crap. If the candy store was fully open I'm not sure who I'd go for, but out of realistic options I think Di Maria would suit us perfectly.

I think the rags must have him in their sights though, as Martin Tyler was sucking his dick the other night & saying how wonderful it would be to see him in the Prem.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:14 am

I had the Argies in a sweep for the WC so watched every minute they played, I thought Rojo was their weak link, well him and that awful CB they were playing before Sabella saw sense and put Demi in.

I'm surprised piggy eyes is after him, I thought Daley Blind was a sure thing to the rags when I saw E**a leaving.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby lets all have a disco » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:16 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:I had the Argies in a sweep for the WC so watched every minute they played, I thought Rojo was their weak link, well him and that awful CB they were playing before Sabella saw sense and put Demi in.

I'm surprised piggy eyes is after him, I thought Daley Blind was a sure thing to the rags when I saw E**a leaving.

Me too.

Rojo was shit,ok going forward but terrible at getting back and defending the commentators said he was poor but now the rags are linked the press have him as an 'ace' defender.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:21 am

lets all have a disco wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:I had the Argies in a sweep for the WC so watched every minute they played, I thought Rojo was their weak link, well him and that awful CB they were playing before Sabella saw sense and put Demi in.

Me too.

Rojo was shit,ok going forward but terrible at getting back and defending the commentators said he was poor but now the rags are linked the press have him as an 'ace' defender.

anyone who watched the world cup could say exactly the same about Zabba, but we all know his qualities. I think Rojo would be a good buy for them, especially in a 3-5-2 that Butthead prefers
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Goaters 103 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:29 am

If we did go in again it would only be for someone like Isco, though whether we actually need him is open to question. Cant see it myself but some believe it will happen.

We need to shed players - having raked in £10.5m for Rodwell, £13m for Garcia and £2m for Barry - if we can get money for Richards (supposedly off to Newcastle after the weekend for £4.2m), Guidetti and Sinclair we will have netted around £35m in sales so not too shabby.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Slim » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:30 am

Goaters 103 wrote:If we did go in again it would only be for someone like Isco, though whether we actually need him is open to question. Cant see it myself but some believe it will happen.

We need to shed players - having raked in £10.5m for Rodwell, £13m for Garcia and £2m for Barry - if we can get money for Richards (supposedly off to Newcastle after the weekend for £4.2m), Guidetti and Sinclair we will have netted around £35m in sales so not too shabby.

I don't want us to offload Sinclair just yet, I think he can do a job for us.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Goaters 103 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:35 am

Slim wrote:
Goaters 103 wrote:If we did go in again it would only be for someone like Isco, though whether we actually need him is open to question. Cant see it myself but some believe it will happen.

A "job" for us? You mean like cleaning the kit? Collecting the bibs? Maybe stewarding in the South Stand whilst the building works going on?
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Slim » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:38 am

Goaters 103 wrote:
Slim wrote:

A "job" for us? You mean like cleaning the kit? Collecting the bibs? Maybe stewarding in the South Stand whilst the building works going on?

Not everyone in this side will be a superstar, he was a decent player for Swansea and did not adjust well to being a bit part player, if he can hit the ground running when he does get time on the pitch I don't see why he can't fill the teamsheet for some cup games, come on for some minutes to see games out, and he adds to the homegrown quota for Europe, maybe even play against out pot4 opponents, and then see where we are.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:44 am

Slim wrote:
Goaters 103 wrote:
Slim wrote:

Not everyone in this side will be a superstar, he was a decent player for Swansea and did not adjust well to being a bit part player, if he can hit the ground running when he does get time on the pitch I don't see why he can't fill the teamsheet for some cup games, come on for some minutes to see games out, and he adds to the homegrown quota for Europe, maybe even play against out pot4 opponents, and then see where we are.

I'll be surprised if he's still a City player come Sept 1st. Pellegrini named both him and Guidetti recently when talking about the need to offload players. ( Villa showing interest allegedly )

I too thought he was decent at Swansea.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:45 am

I thought he blew his chance pre season. Did okish to start with but showed his lack of quality as the rest got fitter. I would rather see some of the kids promoted for cup games; Devante Cole maybe even Brandon Barker if he settles well into the EDS. He's young but I think he could possibly do a Peter Barnes at 1st team level & get in early.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Goaters 103 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:49 am

Slim wrote:
Goaters 103 wrote:
Slim wrote:

Id be absolutely stunned if a) he were at City come Sep 1st, b) if he was, he actually got some playing time aside from being on the bench for the Capital One 3rd round game.

Too lightweight and has a talent deficit compared to every other attacking player in the squad Im afraid. Nice chap and all that, but sadly nowhere near good enough and never will be at the top end. His stint at West Brom last season, where he struggled to get on their bench, reinforced this.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby sheblue » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:09 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:highly unlikely i know but if we made one final purchase (outright / loan) what position would you cover / who would you sign?

why highly unlikely? it is possible. I suppose the question is are these players being sold to reduce wage bill / squad numbers or for 'funds' for a bid for someone at end of the month.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:14 am

sheblue wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:highly unlikely i know but if we made one final purchase (outright / loan) what position would you cover / who would you sign?

why highly unlikely? it is possible. I suppose the question is are these players being sold to reduce wage bill / squad numbers or for 'funds' for a bid for someone at end of the month.

It will have to be an association grown player or under21 if it is to happen. I think it's very unlikely.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby blues2win » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:19 am

Di Maria all day long. I'd prefer him to Navas and to be honest we couldn't bring in a foreign import without selling a foreigner because of the CL squad issue. As it is Negredo won't be in the original squad. OK now because of his injury but he'll want to be in the knock out phases if we qualify. Otherwise Barkley but would he get enough games?
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby lets all have a disco » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:23 am

Barkley is next summer for me another year developing under Martinez is what he needs.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby failsworthblue » Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:00 pm

Next Seasons Transfers already identified and plans in place.

We are at another level to anybody else.

Enjoy.
failsworthblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:33 pm

failsworthblue wrote:Next Seasons Transfers already identified and plans in place.

We are at another level to anybody else.

Enjoy.

another level to Bayern, Madrid, Barca? I don't think so my friend. I don't think.

Don't get me wrong...i'm uhh....chuffed, but i am not silly enough to think we're at another level to everybody else just yet. If we were we'd have Hamez Rodrigues and a couple other 30M cunts playing in Portugal now that i know fuckall about who will probably play for Madrid or Barca in 3 or 4 years.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum