Rekik off again

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Rekik off again

Postby john@staustell » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:16 pm

Surprising

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/20 ... econd-term?

City defender Karim Rekik will spend the 2014/15 season on loan at PSV Eindhoven.

The Dutch starlet has signed for the Eredivisie outfit for a second year.

Rekik, 19, earned a place in Louis van Gaal’s preliminary 30-man Netherlands squad before this summer’s World Cup after an impressive debut senior year in his homeland.

Karim turned out on 31 occasions in all competitions last season and scored one goal.

It will be The Hague-born defender’s fourth loan spell – he has spent time at Blackburn Rovers and Portsmouth since signing for City from Feyenoord in 2011.

Rekik has made three senior appearances for City after captaining the Elite Development Squad and he featured extensively in pre-season for Manuel Pellegrini’s side in Scotland the United States.

Netherlands legend Phillip Cocu is in charge of PSV, who will contest the final qualifying round for the UEFA Europa League with Shakhytor.

They won their opening Eredivisie fixture away at Willem II last weekend.

We’ll keep you updated with Karim’s year in the Netherlands in our weekly loan watch feature here on mcfc.co.uk.

Everyone at the club would like to wish Rekik all the best over the next ten months.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Re: Rekik off again

Postby Saul Goodman » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:45 pm

VK, MDM, EM, BS, MN, DB. Thats plenty of center halves. Not surprised to see Rekik go out again
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Re: Rekik off again

Postby john@staustell » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:52 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:VK, MDM, EM, BS, MN, DB. Thats plenty of center halves. Not surprised to see Rekik go out again

I thought Rekik had been given squad number 19 (?). So something has changed. I suspect there was a Nastasic deal which has been decided against - he must've done well enough in pre-season.

Boyata of course will never be a PL defender as long as he has a hole in his arse.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Return to The Maine Football forum