Rodwell

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Rodwell

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:22 pm

Slim wrote:
“I actually said, ‘The last thing I could say to any young player is don’t sign for City’. And somehow that was translated into ‘Don’t sign for City’.

How is that a translation, that's exactly what you fucking said.

No it's not. He said 'Don't sign for City' would be the last thing he would say.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Slim » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:32 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Slim wrote:
“I actually said, ‘The last thing I could say to any young player is don’t sign for City’. And somehow that was translated into ‘Don’t sign for City’.

No it's not. He said 'Don't sign for City' would be the last thing he would say.

"As I am leaving today, the last thing I could say to any young player is don't sign for City"

"The last thing I would ever say is don't sign for City"

One of these conveys the right message, one of them is a dig at his former club.

Now let's look at his "I was fitter than anyone else at the club for the last 18 months and still couldn't get on the pitch" moan and give it a little context about what he actually fucking meant.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby patrickblue » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:32 pm

freshie wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Slim wrote:

Its the same as trying to get out of being accused of calling someone a cunt on the basis that you only said "I think you are a cunt" but didn't say "you are a cunt"...................when all is said and done , the cunt called you a cunt.

Cunt

Watch on youtube.com
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:36 pm

Slim wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Slim wrote:

"As I am leaving today, the last thing I could say to any young player is don't sign for City"

"The last thing I would ever say is don't sign for City"

One of these conveys the right message, one of them is a dig at his former club.

Now let's look at his "I was fitter than anyone else at the club for the last 18 months and still couldn't get on the pitch" moan and give it a little context about what he actually fucking meant.

Why would he bother trying to set the record straight if he meant it as a dig? He was purposely misinterpreted to create a headline.

His comments about his fitness is just an attempt to dispel the belief that he's a crock, nothing more sinister.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum