Rodwell

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Rodwell

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:21 pm

Where the fuck is the logic in any argument that because I said I thought Yaya wasn't after a transfer, it has any relation to this discussion on Rodwell ?

What kind of fucking buffoon would find a link between those two things ? Fucking grow up.

I wouldn't fucking defend Yaya ever if he said 'don't sign for City'.

I'd want him kicked out of the club.

And if it was a Utd player saying young kids could be making a mistake signing for City, evey single person on this forum would be slagging him off to fuck.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:52 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Where the fuck is the logic in any argument that because I said I thought Yaya wasn't after a transfer, it has any relation to this discussion on Rodwell ?

What kind of fucking buffoon would find a link between those two things ? Fucking grow up.

I wouldn't fucking defend Yaya ever if he said 'don't sign for City'.

I'd want him kicked out of the club.

And if it was a Utd player saying young kids could be making a mistake signing for City, evey single person on this forum would be slagging him off to fuck.

There you go, being all defensive again.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:07 pm

Rodwell:

“I actually said, ‘The last thing I could say to any young player is don’t sign for City’. And somehow that was translated into ‘Don’t sign for City’.

“How could I tell someone not to sign for City? They’re one of the biggest clubs in England, with the money they’ve got, the titles they’re winning, the Champions League. Who wouldn’t want to be part of that? You’d be crazy not to.

“If you’re ambitious you want to be at the best team, with the best players, winning leagues.

“I don’t have any regrets. If Manchester City show interest, then you should think ‘I’m good enough for them’. If you turn round and say ‘Nah, I’ve no chance of playing for them’, then you’ve no faith in your ability. I signed, backing myself to win a place.

“All I’d say is it’s a big squad, a lot of competition for places and that’s the nature of the beat. Unless you’re a £100m signing there are no guarantees.”

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11695/9438101?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:22 pm

I think the majority who actually read the quotes understood that there was no slight against us. It was just the odd nutjob that couldn't resist.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:25 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:“I would probably say, ‘Don’t sign now.’

Which part of that don't you fucking lot understand ?

Who the fuck is 'You lot' you fucking knob-rot! Get off your fucking high horse and engage with the fucking menials (used in context) you fucking stuck-up twat!

It's a fucking debate where people see and read things different. For FFS, I agree with you on the agenda/bias shit and disagree with you on your moronic slating of everything defensive (every game would be 0-0 without a mistake) but at the same time I try not to give it large with the 'Are you fucking thick!' line.

Peace 'The Fuck' Out!

*Hopefully you don't go into another sabbatical*

Edit: Glad I'm not the only one on this.

PS. I've just seen the 'Love Hurts' advert. Fuck you Rag Scum lol

That's an impressive amount of swearing Beefy.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:25 pm

So it was reported as the exact opposite of what he said. If he'd been talking about the scum I wonder if that would have happened?
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:29 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Rodwell:

“I actually said, ‘The last thing I could say to any young player is don’t sign for City’. And somehow that was translated into ‘Don’t sign for City’.

“How could I tell someone not to sign for City? They’re one of the biggest clubs in England, with the money they’ve got, the titles they’re winning, the Champions League. Who wouldn’t want to be part of that? You’d be crazy not to.

“If you’re ambitious you want to be at the best team, with the best players, winning leagues.

“I don’t have any regrets. If Manchester City show interest, then you should think ‘I’m good enough for them’. If you turn round and say ‘Nah, I’ve no chance of playing for them’, then you’ve no faith in your ability. I signed, backing myself to win a place.

“All I’d say is it’s a big squad, a lot of competition for places and that’s the nature of the beat. Unless you’re a £100m signing there are no guarantees.”

Fair play to him.

I'm sorry I got stuck into him now but if he said what he was quoted as saying then he would deserve it.

It's really a new low this. It used to be the case that direct quotes were something nobody would interfere with. It was unethical. We see it from foreign language publications all the time where bits are missed out on the excuse of translation etc, but we used to be able to trust direct quotes here. Now the agenda is getting so bad it's verging on criminal.

Respect to Rodwell for putting this straight. I now wish him all the best again.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby bigblue » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:30 pm

Hoping he can get the winning goal today vs the scum
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:33 pm

bigblue wrote:Hoping he can get the winning goal today vs the scum

I'm seconding that one ;-)

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:00 pm

Ted Hughes wrote: if he said what he was quoted as saying then he would deserve it.

Yeah, he would, but he didn't. Interesting how you were not prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt though, eh.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:05 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote: if he said what he was quoted as saying then he would deserve it.

Yeah, he would, but he didn't. Interesting how you were not prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt though, eh.

No. If there are direct quotes I tend to believe it. They are usually truthful. Why would I make an exception for Rodwell ?

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Moonchesteri » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:43 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Rodwell:

LOL @ people who so quickly bought into those shit stories

Good goal today. Hope he can get his career back on track there
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby zuricity » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:13 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:

Did you expect anything else ?
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:26 pm

Like the bloke. Never thought he was good enough for us and still don't, injuries or not but hope he can carve out a good career for himself and work his way up at least back to a team like Everton again or similar.
Bridge'srightfoot

Supporter of: City

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:10 pm

zuricity wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

Did you expect anything else ?

You're very bitter aren't you ? Just because I called you out for being a slimey cunt about a year ago, you never miss a chance to slip a little sly comment in. Let it go, you are just proving my point. I don't chase you up looking for opportunities to have a dig.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Slim » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:53 pm

How is that a translation, that's exactly what you fucking said.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:10 pm

Slim wrote:

Its the same as trying to get out of being accused of calling someone a cunt on the basis that you only said "I think you are a cunt" but didn't say "you are a cunt"...................when all is said and done , the cunt called you a cunt.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Slim » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:11 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Slim wrote:

Its the same as trying to get out of being accused of calling someone a cunt on the basis that you only said "I think you are a cunt" but didn't say "you are a cunt"...................when all is said and done , the cunt called you a cunt.

If it's any consolation, I think you're a cunt.

I bet you misinterpret this.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby freshie » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:12 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Slim wrote:

Cunt
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:18 pm

Slim wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Slim wrote:

If it's any consolation, I think you're a cunt.

I bet you misinterpret this.

How can I misinterpret that.....and anyway , this is my lesson.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum