Friday's B****x (updated)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Friday's B****x (updated)

Postby Chinners » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:19 am

THE BOLLOX

With the Community Shield just two days away, you can sense the excitement in the air at the rapidly-approaching start to the new Premier League season.
A story mentioning Sergio Aguero, Real Madrid and Barcelona in the first three paragraphs is not normally one to get the juices racing, but on this occasion it’s not the usual transfer window fare.
This morning, the DSSC claim the Argentine striker is set for a new contract at the Etihad, and could sign before the season kicks off.
(Which is 9 days away for City by the way, not that I’m counting.)
Simon Jones writes: “Manchester City hope Sergio Aguero will sign his new £210,000-a-week deal before the start of the new season.
“The Premier League champions have made it clear to the Argentina striker that he is pivotal to their future, along with captain Vincent Kompany, and talks have gone well.
“Real Madrid and Barcelona have made no secret of their admiration for Aguero, 26, but City want to wrap up a new improved five-year deal overtaking the current one which runs to 2017.
“Aguero was dogged by niggling injuries last season, but still scored 28 goals in 34 games.
“City have opened initial talks with Kompany over a similar sized deal and hope Edin Dzeko, Joe Hart and James Milner follow suit.”
It is of course still the transfer window, and players are still being linked here, there and everywhere.
Step forward Radamel Falcao, who is apparently interested in leaving Monaco and City are joining the race for his signature – at least according to Spanish newspaper AS, in a report kindly translated by the MEN.
Explains David Lynch: “The Colombian striker appears to be open to the idea of leaving the Ligue 1 club just 12 months on from a big-money move from Atletico Madrid.
“Atleti's rivals Real have been most strongly linked with a swoop for the 28-year-old, who is currently returning from a serious knee injury.
“However, Spanish sports daily AS report that City are also chasing the former Porto man's signature.
“Falcao has scored 11 goals in 19 appearances for Monaco during his short stay at Stade Louis II.”
However, Monaco sporting director Vadim Vasilyev doesn’t appear to agree, saying: "There are no talks, and we really are counting on him. I think he's happy to come back from injury and re-find his teammates."
Right then, glad we got that one all cleared up.
Moving on to footballing matters, and the Daily Mail have looked ahead to Sunday’s clash with Arsenal as a chance for one side to lay down an early marker in what is sure to be another exciting title race.
The paper’s Adam Shergold reckons City have strengthened again after last season’s success, while Arsenal will be out to prove they have greater fighting power this time around.
He reports: “The sure-fire sign that the pre-season phoney war has finished and the real, meaningful action is here again is the FA Community Shield. While the Wembley curtain-raiser is a glorified friendly, it is usually a chance for one of the big guns to strike an early blow in the long physical and psychological battle that is the Premier League title race.
“Both Arsenal, the FA Cup winners, and Manchester City, the defending champions, will expect to be in the mix come May and their fans can be satisfied with how pre-season has gone.
“Pellegrini could probably field two XIs that would hold their own in the top flight and, as their 102 league goals last year proved, there is plenty of firepower at the Chilean’s disposal.
“Bacary Sagna’s free switch from Arsenal has added strength at right-back, Willy Caballero will challenge Joe Hart for the gloves and the commanding Brazilian Fernando will add depth to the midfield. They will also have all the experience of Frank Lampard for the first half of the season.
“Arsene Wenger has also done excellently in the transfer market, with the signing of Alexis Sanchez from Barcelona a real coup and crowd-pleaser who should live up to his £30m price tag.
“They do look a stronger and more attractive proposition and Sunday will offer the first litmus test as to whether they can stand the Premier League heat.”

Man City's Javi Garcia a transfer target for Zenit St Petersburg as they make £12.5million bid
Reserve midfielder is set to be sold with the champions having to trim Champions League squad after financial fair play ruling
Javi Garcia will be the next big-money star to leave Manchester City, after a £12.5million bid from wealthy Russian side Zenit St Petersburg.
The midfielder arrived at Eastlands in summer 2012 in a surprise £16m deal from Portuguese giants Benfica.
But with the champions forced to trim their squad after falling foul of financial fair play rules and following the arrival of Brazilian Fernando, he has been deemed surplus to requirements.
City are hoping to recoup most of the fee they paid for the Spain international.
While negotiations with Zenit - now managed by ex-Chelsea and Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas - are likely to continue over the weekend, it now seems certain Garcia is on his way out.
He will follow Joleon Lescott, Jack Rodwell and Gareth Barry in departing this summer.
And more may leave as manager Manuel Pellegrini looks to trim his squad to meet the requirement that he selects from only 21 senior players in the Champions League.
The City boss must also have at least FIVE English or English-trained players in his European squad so he may be reluctant to allow Micah Richards and Dedryck Boyata to go, even though both want first team football.
Pellgrini has insisted he will make only one more signing this summer after bringing in Fernando, goalkeeper Willy Caballero from his previous club Malaga and Arsenal defender Bacary Sagna.
A £30m-plus deal for Porto's France international centre half Eliaquim Mangala is likely to be completed early next week.
But with just three regular first team players meeting the home grown requirements, the Chilean may be forced to look at more English signings as the transfer deadline approaches.

Manchester City would have gone bust but for me claims former manager Stuart Pearce
Today they are mega-rich and champions for the second time in three years, but in 2005 the Blues had to sell star Wright-Phillips to avoid going under
Stuart Pearce reckons he saved Manchester City from going bust.
Nottingham Forest boss Pearce claims the now megabucks Blues were on the brink of bankruptcy during his time as their manager, and only the £21million sale of Shaun Wright-Phillips to Chelsea in 2005 saved them from going under.
"The club had sold the club shop, sold the ground to council, we were paying on the never and never for the Anelkas of this world," he recalls.
“It really was a case that the owners said, 'Unless Wright-Phillips goes, we go.' On the Monday morning they pressed the button and Chelsea put £21million in the bank which bails the club out [but] which puts pressure on me because you are selling your goal-scorer.
“The club has gone from strength to strength and now they are a world power and spending £150m on a training complex. Times change.”
They certainly do.
City are now preparing for Sunday’s FA Community Shield against Arsenal after winning the title for the second time in three years.
They are close to completing a £32million swoop for Eliaquim Mangala of Porto to strengthen their defence and are also trying to tie down skipper Vincent Kompany on a new long-term £200,000-a-week deal worth a staggering £65m.
It's all a long way from the dark days when Pearce, now back at Forest - where he made his name as a player - and preparing to kick off the Championship this season, recalled them spending beyond their means in futile pursuit of top-flight success.
Pearce says his reward for keeping City afloat was to be handed his P45 when former Thai prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra bought the club and replaced him with Sven Goran-Eriksson.
But he is pleased to see Manchester's Blues now thriving with their new training centre close to completion and a star-studded squad assembled since Sheikh Mansour arrived in 2009.
Pearce was boss at Eastlands from March 2005 to May 2007 and says the experience taught him to trust in younger players, as he turned to City's home-grown kids to keep them up.
The club finished 14th in 2007 - four points above the drop zone - before kicking on post-Pearce when fresh funds came pouring in.
Pearce added: “The one thing it does is it makes you acutely aware of the strength of your academy and the importance of an academy at a football club.
“We had the likes of Micah Richards, Stephen Ireland, Nedum Onuoha and Kasper Schmeichel all coming through the academy system.
“Ideally you don’t want to go and buy a footballer, you want to pluck him from the academy and move him from one pitch to the next.
“To do that, you have to pre-plan - and that takes sometimes years to put in place.”

Manchester City hopeful Sergio Aguero will sign new £210,000-a-week contract before Premier League kick-off
Manchester City keen for Sergio Aguero to sign new deal with the club
Premier League champions offered Argentine £210,000-a-week contract
City also opened talks with Vincent Kompany, Edin Dzeko, Joe Hart and James Milner

Manchester City hope Sergio Aguero will sign his new £210,000-a-week deal before the start of the new season.
The Premier League champions have made it clear to the Argentina striker that he is pivotal to their future, along with captain Vincent Kompany, and talks have gone well.
Real Madrid and Barcelona have made no secret of their admiration for Aguero, 26, but City want to wrap up a new improved five-year deal overtaking the current one which runs to 2017.
Aguero was dogged by niggling injuries last season, but still scored 28 goals in 34 games.
City have opened initial talks with Kompany over a similar sized deal and hope Edin Dzeko, Joe Hart and James Milner follow suit.
Milner, 28, wants to wait to see how many games he gets before renewing, but is key to City’s homegrown quota.

Man City taking a risk with Kompany's six-year deal, warns Murphy
Danny Murphy has questioned the wisdom behind Manchester City’s decision to hand captain Vincent Kompany a six-year contract.
The 28-year-old defender is set to sign a new deal with the Premier League champions, worth a reported £65million, which will tie him to the club until 2020.
Murphy rates the Belgian highly and believes he is worth his huge wages, but claims the length of the contract could see Kompany become complacent.
Speaking on the Colin Murray show, the former Liverpool and England ace said: “He is a wonderful footballer, a great leader and pivotal to what they are trying to achieve. They need him.
“But if you give someone a six-year contract, there is always a risk they'll become a little bit complacent. Not consciously being lazy or complacent, but you can just fall into a comfort zone.
“You could argue, the money he's earned over the last five years and the amount of contracts he's had, that he's always been in the same position. A six-year contract, though, on £200,000 a week, is obviously him finished, financially, for the rest of his career. He is then only playing on personal pride, success, and to try to win silverware, which he has already done.
“I’m a believer in saying, ‘yes, lets reward him with this big contract because he is our captain, our leader’, but he’s going to be 34 or 35 by the end of his contract, and he has had some issues with injury as well.
“It doesn’t matter how big a name and how good you are, keep the desire for a player to keep doing well there. Make him earn that next one. Four years is a long contract. Anything could happen in six years. He could have an horrific injury next season and never come back the same.
"If I was in charge at Manchester City, I would pay him the big bucks, tell him he was our man, but give him four years."
Murphy also claims the long deal for Kompany could lead to problems in the City dressing room.
"You have to be careful you don’t make one player the example and give him too much,” he said.
“There could be a knock-on effect. Yaya Toure, David Silva and Sergio Aguero may now say, ‘hold on, I want six years’.”

John Terry: It’s not right seeing Frank Lampard in a Manchester City shirt but he’s still Chelsea's greatest ever player
John Terry says it will be hard seeing Frank Lampard in a Manchester City shirt but insists playing for a rival will not damage the midfielder’s legacy at Chelsea.
Yesterday, Lampard signed a six-month loan deal with City having already agreed to play for MLS side New York City next March.
The 36-year-old left Chelsea at the end of the season when his contract expired and in 13 years with the Blues he became the club’s all-time leading scorer with 211 goals.
Another Chelsea veteran Ashley Cole also moved this summer as he joined Roma and Terry said: “It just doesn’t seem right to see them in different shirts. Maybe over time that will ease but it doesn’t seem right.
“We have grown up together and won and lost together at Chelsea. We have done many great things and it was sad to see them go.”
Lampard’s move to City was a surprise after he originally declared he would never play for another Premier League club.
But Terry is adamant he will always be regarded as the London club’s greatest player and told Chelsea TV: “To me there is no doubt [he’s the best]. Before that there was Gianfranco Zola but Lampard has been an absolute legend here and his legacy will remain ever.
“It’s a legacy for the younger boys to come and try and fill those big boots and replicate what he’s done. That will be very tough for someone but he’s an absolute hero for the fans, with the players as well and how he pushed us individually and collectively.
“He has been an idol and someone I inspired to be like in training. Around the place he was a great character but footballing wise I have never come across someone who works as hard as he does to improve his game.”
Chelsea have compensated for the loss of two experienced players by re-signing Didier Drogba, who scored 157 times between 2004-12 and hit the decisive penalty in a shoot-out to claim the Champions League two years ago.
Drogba is now 36 but Terry does not think he is past his best.
“He’s still the same, a nightmare to play against in training, still physically strong, sharp and hungry as well. It’s important Didier is here because he brings that mentality of wanting to win every day and that rubs off on people like Kurt Zouma and the other young players he’s playing against.”

Frank Lampard on his Manchester City move: 'I didn't even see it coming'
Frank Lampard's return to the Premier League with Manchester City came as a surprise to even the player himself, but the midfielder stressed he's not just back to make up the numbers.
Frank Lampard has admitted that even he was surprised by his move to Manchester City, stating that the deal seemed to come out of nowhere.
Lampard signed with City-owned MLS side New York City FC this summer, opting to leave Chelsea after scoring a club record 211 goals in 648 appearances during his 13-season stint at Stamford Bridge.
However, with the expansion franchise not set for their first season until 2015, the 36-year-old has made a shock six-month loan return to the Premier League with City, despite earlier reports that he could link up with fellow NCYFC signing David Villa at Australian sister club Melbourne City FC.
His signing understandably raising a few eyebrows amongst fans, the veteran midfielder has confessed that he didn’t think he would ever be back in England, but believes that the Etihad is the best possible destination for him to keep up his sharpness ahead of his return to the USA.
‘It’s obviously a surprise. I didn’t even see this one coming. Obviously I signed for New York City, went out there to do all the press and the media, and then things all happened very quickly,’ he told the club’s official website.
‘It was an ideal fit for me really, to train and to be part of a squad and club of this stature. I needed to play and this has fitted the bill. I feel very flattered.
‘It’s very strange. 13 years at Chelsea and I feel like the new kid. I know a couple of the boys from the England squad obviously, like James Milner, but a lot of the others too from playing against them.’
His arrival allowing City to satisfy the need for a minimum of five homegrown players in European competition, Lampard stressed however that he’s not simply at the club to make up the numbers, despite the fierce competition for midfield places.
‘I’ll try to help in whatever way I can. I’m proud of the way I train, play and try to perform,’ he said.
‘The manager said he wants me to come here to fight for my place. I know there’s immense quality in the team, particularly in the midfield area, and I really respect that.
‘I’m certainly not here to step on any toes. I’ll just try to train my best, play my best and then it’s up to the manager.’
While unlikely to feature a central role during his first-half stay, with the club looking to fight on all fronts, there will likely be some opportunities of playing time for Lampard, although it remains to be seen what will happen when City face his former side on September 21.

Obsessed Wenger suggests City tapped up Sagna
Arsenal boss has suggested the Frenchman, who moved to City on a free transfer, may have agreed a deal with the club "a long time ago".
Arsene Wenger has hinted that City may have 'tapped up' defender Bacary Sagna.
The Frenchman joined the Blues on a free transfer this summer following the expiry of his final contract with the Gunners.
But Wenger believes Sagna ran down his deal after becoming aware of interest from City long before the last six months of his stay - the period in which negotiations with other clubs are permitted.
"Why did he go to City? You should ask him that question," he said.
"I made him a proposal to stay and he chose Man City. Did he choose that a long time ago? Maybe. It looks like to me it was agreed a long time ago.
"There is always an element of disappointment because he came here as an unknown and he became a French international.
"But I respect Sagna a lot because until the last day of his contract he was super-professional.
"He decided to go somewhere else but he was ready to die on the football pitch and I respect that. Ideally I would have loved him to stay."
Wenger also revealed his hope that City will take their foot off the gas this season to aid Arsenal's title push.
"I hope they will relax again but they have certainly learned from that," he continued.
"I believe today even the most intelligent football people cannot predict who will win the Premier League this year - that makes it interesting.
"If any team wins it by 10 or 15 points, maybe you can predict, but Chelsea and Liverpool were both so close and for more than 100 days we were at the top of the league.
"Man United were not there but they will come back this season so nobody can predict what will happen."

Comedian Jason Manford is putting his Manchester City idols centre stage
The comic and lifelong blue will host a gig of laughs, music and football at the club's season opener, City Live
With an arena-packing comedy star in Jason Manford as host and bona fide music legend Johnny Marr topping the bill, Manchester Central will play host to arguably the biggest gig of the week ahead.
But, of course, the very title of this event – City Live – will mean there will be a certain, red, section of our readers who will already be clicking away now.
Naturally, it’s the supporters of the Blues who will pack in to Thursday night’s pre-season launch party organised by the club, (you need to be registered to the MCFC website to buy a ticket) but the fan faithful can be assured of a rather splendid night of entertainment alongside all the footballing fever, too.
It’s the second year the Blues have held a pre-season launch bash for fans - and this time comedian Jason will not only be entertaining fans with his one-liners, but hosting the event, too.
It will mean he gets to quiz both Blues boss, Manuel Pellegrini, as well as a host of the team’s star players.
Jason says: “Last year I just did a set, but this year I’ll be hosting the whole thing.
“No offence to the guy who hosted last year, but I could tell he wasn’t a Blue, and with an event like this it shows sometimes. I think the fans want to see someone up there who is as excited as they are about the season ahead - and they’ll certainly get that with me.”
We can expect plenty of Jason’s trademark cheeky banter along the way too. He jokes: “I’ve been warned by the club not to take the mickey out of David Moyes and Liverpool too much... but we’ll see how that goes shall we?”
But season ticket holder Jason admits he took no joy from seeing United’s poor run of form last season – and hopes they will provide some decent competition for City in the season ahead.
He says: “I’ve got mates who are United fans and it was pretty horrible to see how badly they did last year.
“It’s always nice to have a bit of rivalry with the neighbours, but last season it was just so quiet. I reckon we miss them a bit, up at the top.
“I think they’ve got more deep-rooted problems than just the manager and I think it might be a long time before they’re competing for the title again. But I really do hope they do better next season, I really do.”
Jason is also a big fan of The Smiths, so is looking forward to sharing the Manchester Central stage with guitar legend Johnny Marr on the night.
He says: “I’ve worked with Johnny a few times now and he always rocks it.”
As for Johnny, it also seemed the perfect fit to hook up with the team he’s followed since childhood.
He says: “Like Manchester, City has always been a club steeped in music. Going right back to Maine Road, there was always a couple of musicians or bands from across the city in the stands.
“It’s the same today at the Etihad. City fans just know how to have a good time, so to play to a packed Manchester Central will not only be a great party to mark the start of this season, but also a special moment for me personally.”
Not to mention the fact that he hasn’t played the venue since its GMEX days, with The Smiths.
Joining him on the (you guessed it) blue carpet, will also be Last Shadow Puppets man Miles Kane, who performs on the night.
City Live - Sponsored by Vita Student and Heineken - will take place at 7.30pm on Thursdsay, August 14, at Manchester Central. Tickets start from £15 by going to mcfc.co.uk

Spoiler: Show/Hide
Spoilbox

Liverpool's hopes of signing Monaco striker Radamel Falcao appear to be over, with the 28-year-old set to link up with fellow Colombia international James Rodriguez at Real Madrid. (Times - subscription required)

The Reds could now turn to Paris St-Germain's Edinson Cavani, 27, in their search for a striker. (Liverpool Echo)

Arsenal could ruin Manchester United's hopes of landing defender Thomas Vermaelen, with manager Arsene Wenger keen to sell the 28-year-old to Barcelona instead. (Daily Telegraph)

But United remain hopeful of concluding a deal for the Belgian, as part of an audacious double swoop that would also see Roma defender Mehdi Benatia, 27, move to Old Trafford. (Daily Star)

Arsenal's Wenger is keen to make 19-year-old Paris St-Germain midfielder Adrien Rabiot his fifth summer signing. (Daily Star)

Liverpool will make a decision on the future of unsettled defender Daniel Agger, 29, this week, with Arsenal and Barcelona among the clubs said to be interested. (Daily Telegraph)

Manchester United are close to striking a deal for winger Juan Cuadrado, 26, after agreeing to meet Fiorentina's £36m asking price. (Daily Express)

Chelsea are preparing to use goalkeeper Petr Cech, 32, as bait as they look to sign Real Madrid's Raphael Varane, 21. (Daily Express)

Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal could move for Ajax defender Daley Blind, 24, whom he coached with the Netherlands. DSSC

The Red Devils are also closing in on top transfer target Arturo Vidal, with the 27-year-old midfielder having reportedly agreed a £182,000-a-week contract. (Independent)

Arsenal could be offered the chance to sign Real Madrid midfielder Sami Khedira for a knock-down fee, with the Spanish club keen to avoid losing the 27-year-old on a free transfer next summer. (Independent)

Aston Villa are close to agreeing a permanent deal for Liverpool loanee defender Aly Cissokho, 26. (Sky Sports)

Everton boss Roberto Martinez is determined to add a winger before the transfer window closes, with a loan deal for Chelsea's Christian Atsu, 22, one of the rumoured options. (Sky Sports)

Spanish midfielder Javi Garcia, 27, is likely to be the next big-money star to leave Manchester City after a £12.5m bid from wealthy Russian side Zenit St Petersburg. (Daily Mirror)

Sunderland's lengthy pursuit of Liverpool striker Fabio Borini, 25, is no nearer a conclusion, with the Italian still yet to make a decision on his future. (Newcastle Journal)

Former Tottenham keeper Kasey Keller has warned Seattle Sounders defender DeAndre Yedlin, 21, reportedly a Spurs target, against a move to White Hart Lane. (Evening Standard)

Stoke City are back in discussions over an ambitious £8m deal plus add-ons for forward Dynamo Kiev Andriy Yarmolenko, 24. DSSC

Premier League new boys Leicester City have offered Argentina midfielder Esteban Cambiasso a £5m contract. (Daily Mirror)

Winger Hatem Ben Arfa has been stripped of the number 10 jersey as Newcastle boss Alan Pardew continues to freeze out the 27-year-old at St James' Park. DSSC

Burnley manager Sean Dyche admits he has found it tough in the transfer market as he seeks to bolster his side ahead of the Premier League season. (Talkshit)

Tottenham midfielder Erik Lamela, 22, is desperate to prove his worth to new boss Mauricio Pochettino after a year to forget. (Guardian)

Birmingham City manager Lee Clark says the club did everything they could to keep hold of new Cardiff City signing Tom Adeyemi, 22. (Birmingham Mail)

Chelsea defender John Terry admits it will be difficult seeing former team-mate Frank Lampard, 36, in a Manchester City shirt next season. (Evening Standard)

Midfielder Aaron Ramsey, 23, wants to take over the Arsenal captaincy if defender Thomas Vermaelen, 28, leaves. Sun

Cardiff boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer admits he will be sacked if the club do not get back into the Premier League at the first attempt. Sun
Ecuador forward Enner Valencia, 24, says he was lured to West Ham by the prospect of a top-four finish. (Daily Star)

Chelsea midfielder Cesc Fabregas, 27, has revealed his weakness for kebabs by taking to Instagram to post a picture of his tasty-looking shawarma dinner.

Manchester United's legendary Class of 92 of Paul Scholes, Nicky Butt, Ryan Giggs and Phil Neville suffered embarrassment when they lost a pre-season friendly 5-1 to Salford City - the non-league team they co-own. Daily Mirror

Real Madrid and Portugal forward Cristiano Ronaldo has officially been named the world's fittest footballer. Sun

BREAKING BOLLOX
Uefa have just confirmed that Celtic are back in the Champions League after Legia Warsaw are expelled

MORE BOLLOX SOON
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Friday's B****x (updated)

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:03 am

I always enjoy Danny Murphy's opinions on double Premier League winner Vincent Kompany, and Arsene Wenger's reasoned assessments of anything to do with City.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:25 am

Well obviously Danny Murphy's experience in football management & as a sporting director is not to be sniffed at. Txiki & the Count should take note.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:41 am

Apart from being intellectually challenged and, staggeringly, knowing absolutely nothing about football, Danny Murphy (who never misses an opportunity to slag off City, irrespective of fact and truth) knows absolutely nothing of Vinnie's character and what motivates our skipper and 'makes him tick'.

Danny Murphy, as a footballer, isn't and never was, fit to lace Vinnie's boots.

He's just a little man with a big mouth positioned in the region of his posterior.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Chinners » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:13 am

To be fair, I don't think Murphy is having a pop and his reasons about a 6 year deal kinda make sense to be honest ... mind he may have said more on air, I'm just going by the article
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Nickyboy » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:24 am

Murphy was only stating obvious points that we would have taken into consideration before offering the deal. Don't think the points he his making are that outrageous.

Luckily Vinnie is the ultimate pro so don't think it is a problem for us... as our risk assessment obviously highlighted
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:51 pm

Murphy's comments about Vinnie's contract are only the latest in a long list of bile-riddled criticisms of City made by someone who was never good enough to feature in a side, playing at the highest levels.

Last season, until I finally stopped listening to that programme, he was virtually a regular on TalkSpite [a.k.a 'Talksport'], never failing to follow a completely anti-City stance, no matter how ludicrous and contrived his arguments were.

I was almost hoping he would have done the decent thing and 'topped' himself when we won the League, so embittered was his attitude.

Anyone thinking that his comments are reasonable ought to wake up and smell the coffee.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Return to The Maine Football forum