POLL: Who will finish in the top 4 this year

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Who will finish top 4

Poll ended at Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:54 pm

Manchester City
25%

MaineRoadMemories, Beefymcfc, Spurge, Moonchesteri, Cocacolajojo1, sheblue, linwood, Camebro, WhyAlwaysMe?, nottsblue, PrezIke, Green & Blue, john68, stevefromdonny, Chopper, ruralblue, Slim, derek, JB, Guest, Avalon, Chinners, Douglas Higginbottom, sharkey, Piccsnumberoneblue, Mikhail Chigorin, patrickblue, CTID Hants, Hutch's Shoulder, craigmcfc, SkyBlueSteve, blues2win, carolina-blue, gillie, sweenyuk, Bluedj, RodneyRodney, Dwaring, Tesl, Tesl, South Stand Balti, s1ty m, michaelcityfan, halnone, Peter Doherty (AGAIG), Karlstad Blue, Wonderwall, PoC
Chelsea
25%

MaineRoadMemories, Beefymcfc, Spurge, Moonchesteri, Cocacolajojo1, sheblue, linwood, Camebro, WhyAlwaysMe?, nottsblue, PrezIke, Green & Blue, john68, stevefromdonny, Chopper, ruralblue, Slim, derek, JB, Guest, Avalon, Chinners, Douglas Higginbottom, sharkey, Piccsnumberoneblue, Mikhail Chigorin, patrickblue, CTID Hants, Hutch's Shoulder, craigmcfc, SkyBlueSteve, blues2win, carolina-blue, gillie, sweenyuk, Bluedj, RodneyRodney, Dwaring, Tesl, Tesl, South Stand Balti, s1ty m, michaelcityfan, halnone, Peter Doherty (AGAIG), Karlstad Blue, Wonderwall, PoC
Arsenal
23%

MaineRoadMemories, Beefymcfc, Spurge, Moonchesteri, Cocacolajojo1, sheblue, linwood, Camebro, nottsblue, PrezIke, Green & Blue, stevefromdonny, Chopper, ruralblue, Slim, JB, Avalon, Chinners, Douglas Higginbottom, sharkey, Piccsnumberoneblue, Mikhail Chigorin, patrickblue, CTID Hants, Hutch's Shoulder, craigmcfc, SkyBlueSteve, blues2win, carolina-blue, gillie, sweenyuk, Bluedj, RodneyRodney, Dwaring, Tesl, Tesl, South Stand Balti, s1ty m, michaelcityfan, halnone, Peter Doherty (AGAIG), Karlstad Blue, Wonderwall, PoC
Liverpool
7%

MaineRoadMemories, Spurge, Camebro, WhyAlwaysMe?, Green & Blue, Chopper, derek, JB, Mikhail Chigorin, blues2win, carolina-blue, Dwaring, Peter Doherty (AGAIG), Wonderwall, PoC
The World's Greatest Team TM
12%

Moonchesteri, Cocacolajojo1, linwood, nottsblue, Slim, Guest, Avalon, Chinners, Douglas Higginbottom, sharkey, Piccsnumberoneblue, patrickblue, CTID Hants, Hutch's Shoulder, craigmcfc, SkyBlueSteve, sweenyuk, Tesl, Tesl, South Stand Balti, s1ty m, michaelcityfan, Karlstad Blue
Spurs
2%

PrezIke, john68, stevefromdonny, ruralblue
Everton
6%

Beefymcfc, sheblue, WhyAlwaysMe?, john68, derek, Guest, gillie, Bluedj, RodneyRodney, halnone

Total votes : 240

POLL: Who will finish in the top 4 this year

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:54 pm

I'm really enjoying the league in the last few years now the cosy top 4 are no longer guaranteed their cash-cow champions league money. 6 need to fit into 4 and both Liverpool and United have been booted out recently which makes me smile. Whose your money on to finish in the top 4 slots?

I think Liverpool have done a "Spurs" - sold a world class player but replaced him with squad fillers so I can see them struggling to put in a title challenge but should have enough for 4th. United still have no defence and only 1 midfielder so their squad is looking weak - but I expect them to spend £70 million before the close of the window and might make a charge for that 4th place. Although playing 3-5-2 in the premiership will not end well!

Spurs are an unknown quantity under their new manager and could actually play as a team for once. Everton have managed to keep their loan players and could look to challenge but I think it will be too much for them.

Chelsea will run it all the way to the wire this season and will not have as many games where they threw away silly goals. Arsenal will make top 4 - they always do - but won't finish higher than third. Wenger doesn't train them hard enough to last a full season of hard tackling so they'll all be injured again by January.

Vote away, who are your choices...
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Re: POLL: Who will finish in the top 4 this year

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:57 pm

I completely object to those words being used on the site and as such, object to even considering the option. Where's STOKE?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Spurge » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:59 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:I completely object to those words being used on the site and as such, object to even considering the option. Where's STOKE?

Exactly I only selected the dippers as QPR were not an option
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby sheblue » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:57 pm

Think the top 3 are clear enough whatever the order of them. the battle for fourth will be very interesting this season, went for Everton for 4th, but it's still a long shot.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby PrezIke » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:39 pm

4th is clearly the most difficult to determine.

i'll go with spurs (seems i'm the only one thus far). i think they have more quality who underperformed than the other clubs in that range, and were mostly in disarray due to poor management. pochettino may be a similar type of manager that pellegrini was to us last season after a year of turmoil.

part of me wants to see everton get 4th, but will being in the europa league hurt their chances? barkley and lukaku should improve, and both still want to move to bigger clubs, surely, so will be interesting to watch.

i agree. manu is weak in too many places, especially defence. lvg will help, but that formation is risky, i agree. young is now a wing back? we shall see how that turns out...and who will they buy that they really want? sounds like they can't get anyone big to come without champions league football to offer, and of course we hear rumours vidal had knee surgery this summer (if he was/is to join).

liverpool seems to still be the other best shot, despite their big loss. still a lot of young talent in attack, and i think sterling will further hint at becoming a top performer this year. yet, their defence is also not much improved it seems.

EDIT: if di maria goes to united that could sway my vote.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby john68 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:30 am

Just for a change, I voted with my heart rather than my head.
City
Chelsea
Spurs
Everton

I would laugh what remains of my bollox off if this were to happen and the Rags, Scousehampton and the Arse were left trying to dodge the Europa League qualification places.

Could you imagine the media frenzy? The panic in the FA and Prem HQ at losing their crown jewels...:-)
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Slim » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:55 am

I went for the filth as 4th because I don't believe they are as bad a team as they showed last season(nor are they as good a team as the season before) but I can see them nicking 4th.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:08 am

City
Chelsea
Spurs
Everton

That would be lovely if it happened. I can't vote with my heart but if I could I would vote something like that but with Everton above Chelsea and Spurs even.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby City64 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:11 am

My perfect season .........

City
Chelski
Arsenal
Everton
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Slim » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:13 am

Cocacolajojo wrote:
City
Chelsea
Spurs
Everton

That would be lovely if it happened. I can't vote with my heart but if I could I would vote something like that but with Everton above Chelsea and Spurs even.

It's a lot like voting for the least ugly girl at a sci-fi convention.

Spurs? Everton? I fucking hate them too. How about Villa, West Ham and Southampton as choices. Maybe not even West Ham whilst Fat Sam is there.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby patrickblue » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:01 pm

Slim wrote:I went for the filth as 4th because I don't believe they are as bad a team as they showed last season(nor are they as good a team as the season before) but I can see them nicking 4th.

Ditto.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby CTID Hants » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:19 pm

patrickblue wrote:
Slim wrote:I went for the filth as 4th because I don't believe they are as bad a team as they showed last season(nor are they as good a team as the season before) but I can see them nicking 4th.

Ditto.

Despite still not having much of a defense/mid field, i too went for the scum mainly because they won't have European matches which will benefit them. Dippers will be weaker than last season but will have the added burden of European matches.

I will watch the yids with interest to see if their manager can do well and as much i like Martinez, i can't yet see him top 4.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:41 pm

The refs will finish 4th, which means rags or Brenda. I went for rags.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby craigmcfc » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:05 pm

City
Chelsea
Rags
Arsenal
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Bluedj » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:58 pm

john68 wrote:Just for a change, I voted with my heart rather than my head.
City
Chelsea
Spurs
Everton

I would laugh what remains of my bollox off if this were to happen and the Rags, Scousehampton and the Arse were left trying to dodge the Europa League qualification places.

Could you imagine the media frenzy? The panic in the FA and Prem HQ at losing their crown jewels...:-)

Oooooooh John, THIS ....Would be a delight.........I so want this to happen now ;-)
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:04 pm

Bluedj wrote:
john68 wrote:Just for a change, I voted with my heart rather than my head.
City
Chelsea
Spurs
Everton

Oooooooh John, THIS ....Would be a delight.........I so want this to happen now ;-)

If Arsenic Whinger's mob didn't finish in the top four, the French Professor would probably implode.

Can you imagine all the conspiracy theories he would enunciate - probably all directed at City, because it would no doubt be our fault.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Bluedj » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:14 pm

MC, absolutely it would be our fault..........As for the the Amazing WingerMan..........I don't think he would implode, but i could see self combustion of the French twunt and that would be totally hilarious
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Return to The Maine Football forum