Manchester Senior Cup - City v United

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Manchester Senior Cup - City v United

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:37 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Just got back in and from what I've seen we're fairly average.

Not been that good.

Stopped playing football since the rags equalised.

Hopefully they're learning but it looks like they've got no mental stamina/strength. Still, 15 minutes to prove.

No central defence is what they've got.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:38 pm

Ball down the middle again.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby roblues » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:39 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
roblues wrote:I know I'm watching Manure TV and I don't expect even a glimmer of partiality or even fairness, but for this twat to suggest that the scum midfielders should be looking to commit fouls which won't be bookable as a genuine tactic is despicable

They're right that the two Spanish lads have kept City in the game though. Without Denayer & Facey, the cb position is all over the shop.

3-1 now, ball straight down the middle.

Same again
roblues
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:39 pm

The Rags seem to have stepped it up while we have switched off. I've seen nothing good in this half.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby dick dastardley » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:39 pm

Battered second half, 4-1 down!!!
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby dick dastardley » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:46 pm

Bet paddys well pissed off with the 2nd half display
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:48 pm

If you look at the defence first half compared to the 2nd when Boasserts went to cb, it suggests Keane Bryan was doing a pretty fucking good job.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:48 pm

I would be. No team spirit and they all seem to be offloading to look after themselves. Poor show from what I've seen.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:56 pm

dick dastardley wrote:Bet paddys well pissed off with the 2nd half display

I think he made it worse by taking off Ncham, possibly as a punishment for losing the ball midfield for their 2nd goal, but he was actually fouled, pushed under the ball as he went to head it. But it really fucked up our centre midfield & we already had 3 missing from central defence.

He was as much to blame for changing the flow of the game imo.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:58 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:

I think he made it worse by taking off Ncham, possibly as a punishment for losing the ball midfield for their 2nd goal, but he was actually fouled, pushed under the ball as he went to head it. But it really fucked up our centre midfield & we already had 3 missing from central defence.

That's interesting mate as I can't see us having a future manager who would be so petty.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:08 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

That's interesting mate as I can't see us having a future manager who would be so petty.

I don't mean he was being petty, just teaching him he should fight harder if he wants to go all the way to the first team. It's probably a point he is trying to get across. It's about making players out of the kids first & foremost. But in the context of the team, it weakened us just when we had already lost a central player.

I doubt any of those goals would have been scored if our usual cb pairing had been playing though. The injury to Bryan just before half time totally transformed the defence into shite. Boasserts isn't upto it imo. Maffeo made some fantastic covering challenges first half too.

We are better than these.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:51 pm

A very interesting game I thought.When I saw the teamsheet I wondered why we had a midfielder and a full back as a centre back pairing. After 45 minutes of total domination I was thinking have faith in Patrick he knows what he is doing and then the scum scored with basically their only attack of the half. And that came from us playing a poor ball into central midfield that was cut out and their centre forward just ran straight through to score.

No sweat we just up it a little more in the second half,pass the ball around them, and win the game. Losing Bryan was a blow as it messed the organisation up but equally it brought Bossaerts into the centre and although that is supposed to be his position I can't remember him ever looking good there.

The 2nd half also started with the scum upping their game in terms of effort and physicality and we seemed surprised and lost.They worked harder to stop us playing the ball out from the back and the long balls were food and drink to their centre backs.Partly because they are bigger but also because they were allowed to jumped through our player without it ever being a foul. Maybe our front men were a tad soft but it was a no contest.It was similar in midfield where they were getting stuck in and the 2nd and 3rd goals came from what I thought were blatant fouls from which they just went through gaping holes to score.

Suffice to say I thought the ref was awful but there were some situations where we needed to show more strength and it just wasn't there.Also they started to make some bad decisions to shoot when a pass was on to a player in a better position.But in general we were awful in the 2nd half and the defensive organisation was a joke. Their number 6 epitomised much of what happened in the 2nd half.I thought he could and should have been booked for a number of individual challenges so should have seen a red but it took an age for the ref to even give him a yellow for persistent fouling.

Overall we deserved to lose but not 4.1.Fair play to Wilson who scored all their goals.We might have been guilty for helping the chances happen but he took them all superbly.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:03 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:A very interesting game I thought.When I saw the teamsheet I wondered why we had a midfielder and a full back as a centre back pairing. After 45 minutes of total domination I was thinking have faith in Patrick he knows what he is doing and then the scum scored with basically their only attack of the half. And that came from us playing a poor ball into central midfield that was cut out and their centre forward just ran straight through to score.

No sweat we just up it a little more in the second half,pass the ball around them, and win the game. Losing Bryan was a blow as it messed the organisation up but equally it brought Bossaerts into the centre and although that is supposed to be his position I can't remember him ever looking good there.

The 2nd half also started with the scum upping their game in terms of effort and physicality and we seemed surprised and lost.They worked harder to stop us playing the ball out from the back and the long balls were food and drink to their centre backs.Partly because they are bigger but also because they were allowed to jumped through our player without it ever being a foul. Maybe our front men were a tad soft but it was a no contest.It was similar in midfield where they were getting stuck in and the 2nd and 3rd goals came from what I thought were blatant fouls from which they just went through gaping holes to score.

Suffice to say I thought the ref was awful but there were some situations where we needed to show more strength and it just wasn't there.Also they started to make some bad decisions to shoot when a pass was on to a player in a better position.But in general we were awful in the 2nd half and the defensive organisation was a joke. Their number 6 epitomised much of what happened in the 2nd half.I thought he could and should have been booked for a number of individual challenges so should have seen a red but it took an age for the ref to even give him a yellow for persistent fouling.

Overall we deserved to lose but not 4.1.Fair play to Wilson who scored all their goals.We might have been guilty for helping the chances happen but he took them all superbly.

He did take them pretty well, but I recon Joe or Willy would have saved at least two of them. Wasn't impressed with Gunn Jr on those although he did get a good block in on another effort. Agree about the ref.

Was pretty amazed how well Maffeo & Bryan did at cb 1st half, defensively & in possession of the ball, but the rags changed tactics to press that area, at the same time we lost Bryan & also took off Ncham, double weakening the centre. We also lacked any kind f defensive line, allowing them to play the ball in behind, to players who should have been played offside.

But it's a mixture of players & both our cbs were missing. So i won't lose any sleep. The first half performance showed what we can develop into.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:07 pm

Cheers Doug/Ted et al. Seemed to me that we have a soft under belly and haven't got the players to full the game back. We allowed them to bully us which left us in a position of just hoofing the ball, hoping for something.

From the 1st half there was lots of praise for the play but when put under pressure, it all changed.

Paddy will get there but I don't see him as a PL/CL manager, it's so hard to put that experience into a player.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:43 pm

Good night out Ewen Fields is a top little ground super old school with its refreshment box and club portakabin and that.

Shame to see the team play so lacklustre after the rags scored,their heads went down and the passing went to shit after that it was all one way traffic.
James Wilson looks the real deal though IMHO yes we defended a bit poorly against him but you cant knock a kid who bangs in 4 goals,top performance and what looks like a diamond for the rags.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:58 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:Good night out Ewen Fields is a top little ground super old school with its refreshment box and club portakabin and that.

Shame to see the team play so lacklustre after the rags scored,their heads went down and the passing went to shit after that it was all one way traffic.
James Wilson looks the real deal though IMHO yes we defended a bit poorly against him but you cant knock a kid who bangs in 4 goals,top performance and what looks like a diamond for the rags.

Saw you there tonight with Lee but you didn't hear me when you went past on the way to the refreshment box !
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby ant london » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:16 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
lets all have a disco wrote:Good night out Ewen Fields is a top little ground super old school with its refreshment box and club portakabin and that.

Saw you there tonight with Lee but you didn't hear me when you went past on the way to the refreshment box !

Lee's kinda ignorant to be fair
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby lets all have a disco » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:37 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:

Sorry matey will have to get in and get me lug holes tested.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:11 am

Beefymcfc wrote:Cheers Doug/Ted et al. Seemed to me that we have a soft under belly and haven't got the players to full the game back. We allowed them to bully us which left us in a position of just hoofing the ball, hoping for something.

From the 1st half there was lots of praise for the play but when put under pressure, it all changed.

Paddy will get there but I don't see him as a PL/CL manager, it's so hard to put that experience into a player.

I have no idea about Vieira's managerial credentials, but why choose last night's game to judge Vieira or the team mate ? He hasn't just arrived; he had a full season last term. Was he or his team so bad last season ? Are his younger teams so poor ?

To put this into perspective for everyone, what you saw last night was a brand new pre season cb pairing in Kean Bryan, who is a 17 year old centre midfield player, partnering Pablo Maffeo who is a 17 year old right back, with 17 year old Angelino at left back. The other player Bossaerts, who is 18, & usually plays fullback, ended up as centre back 2nd half replaced at fullback by Smith Brown who is 18 & does sometimes play right back. Four of these are not regulars in the U21s & have only just been promoted. So the defence was a centre mid, 3 right backs & a left back, mostly from the U18s & first half they dicked Utd off the pitch. We lost a cb to injury & Utd changed tactics & subbed players.

We also had Pozo playing his first competitive game for a year after injury. That would have been Marcos Lopes.

Utd's back 4: Varela 21, Vermijl 22, McNair 19, Thorpe 21. Spot the difference ?

Let's say City played a similar game at cb by putting together Denayer & Nastasic for example, with Greg Leigh or even Rekik at left back & Shay Facey at right back. Do you think the 4 goals would have been scored so easily ? Most of Utd's attacks would have been caught offside by a proper back 4 for a start. Add to that we don't have a proper def mid player in this group, or someone who kicks everyone like Pearson did for Utd. That also makes their back 4's job easier. Vieira probably wants Ntcham to get stuck in more, & perhaps be that player, like he was.

As I keep making the point in threads re the first team; defending matters, but if our defenders don't improve by the time they are 21, like Utd's, then perhaps Vieira would be at fault.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby blues2win » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:28 am

Yes the age difference is striking. Presumably they 're bigger stronger and more experienced. Still we were much better first half which augurs well for the future.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum