richards a toffee??

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: richards a toffee??

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:18 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't see anybody suggesting we should hang onto him.

Mackems are the latest linked to him.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:27 pm

Half the people on here wouldn't have wanted Jovetic last season, said Yaya Toure was a defensive midfield player who we didn't need, same with Fernandinho, nobody wanted Kolarov apart from one bloke who fancies him, Dzeko would be long gone, & we'd have Vertonghen playing centre back instead of Mangala.

Just because some on here write a player off doesn't mean he's finished.

I would get him fit & play him in place of Nastasic Boyata etc. I know that won't happen & we'll probably never see him 100% fit for City again now, but I would have made him our 4th cb, & played him in all the cup games plus some of the league games to see if he started to get his act together. If he was not miles better than Nastasic by Christmas, I'd be shocked & disappointed & sell him. Same if he kept getting injured. But I'd work on him & try him out first.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby blues2win » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:38 pm

Ted. Give it a rest. We know you wanted Lescott to have an extra year. Personally I agree with that but he's a Baggie now. Micah 's on his bike now too. He didn't want to play second fiddle to Zaba let alone fourth fiddle to Vinny MDM and Mangala all of whom are clearly valued at that position far more than him. He wants to go and the only reason he wouldn't is if his desire to keep his level of wages outweighed his wish to play regular football. It's over.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:22 pm

blues2win wrote:Ted. Give it a rest. We know you wanted Lescott to have an extra year. Personally I agree with that but he's a Baggie now. Micah 's on his bike now too. He didn't want to play second fiddle to Zaba let alone fourth fiddle to Vinny MDM and Mangala all of whom are clearly valued at that position far more than him. He wants to go and the only reason he wouldn't is if his desire to keep his level of wages outweighed his wish to play regular football. It's over.

I thought I made that fairly clear when I said 'I know that won't happen & we'll probably never see him 100% fit for City again now'.

That doesn't change anything from the fact that it wouldn't be happening if I was in charge, & yes, Lescott would be at the club instead of Nastasic & Boyata.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:24 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
blues2win wrote:Ted. Give it a rest. We know you wanted Lescott to have an extra year. Personally I agree with that but he's a Baggie now. Micah 's on his bike now too. He didn't want to play second fiddle to Zaba let alone fourth fiddle to Vinny MDM and Mangala all of whom are clearly valued at that position far more than him. He wants to go and the only reason he wouldn't is if his desire to keep his level of wages outweighed his wish to play regular football. It's over.

I thought I made that fairly clear when I said 'I know that won't happen & we'll probably never see him 100% fit for City again now'.

That doesn't change anything from the fact that it wouldn't be happening if I was in charge, & yes, Lescott would be at the club instead of Nastasic & Boyata.

And Gaz Baz
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:38 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

And Gaz Baz

For last season I would have deffo kept him. Dunno about this one, he may be just that extra half a yard past it now; have to see. Lescott will be half a yard past it too though; just still fucking miles better than Nasti Boyata Vertonghen Smalling Jones Evans Ron Vlaar, Agger, & most of the crap masquerading as central defenders in the Prem.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:40 pm

I think a lot of us want to see the youth/Academy come through and we look at them like we do a proud father/mother. The truth is though that we were very lucky to see so many through at that time (dare I say it, that was our class of '92) and they were at a level that was relative to our position at the time. I personally think that if we'd kept them all together we'd have done well, just for the reason that the media would have loved the fact that we were producing possible England players and we would have got some exemptions during the game. Now we have to live with the likes of Custis who will slag us off even though they know what our Academy is producing.

In short, I love Micah, he is one of my kids (you know what I mean), but I feel he is only there because the club feel there is a need to keep a link to the past, for us fans. Micah has been paid handsomely for the period that he has been ineffective and now he is close to losing something he is playing the game to ensure he sets himself up well.

We've looked after Micah and now he is looking after himself. If anything, I'd say the club have squared him away after his growing massive issue and if he feels he can better football elsewhere, at the fraction of the cost to another team, then good on you, you went for the football.

Love ya man, hope it works out well.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:50 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:I think a lot of us want to see the youth/Academy come through and we look at them like we do a proud father/mother. The truth is though that we were very lucky to see so many through at that time (dare I say it, that was our class of '92) and they were at a level that was relative to our position at the time. I personally think that if we'd kept them all together we'd have done well, just for the reason that the media would have loved the fact that we were producing possible England players and we would have got some exemptions during the game. Now we have to live with the likes of Custis who will slag us off even though they know what our Academy is producing.

In short, I love Micah, he is one of my kids (you know what I mean), but I feel he is only there because the club feel there is a need to keep a link to the past, for us fans. Micah has been paid handsomely for the period that he has been ineffective and now he is close to losing something he is playing the game to ensure he sets himself up well.

We've looked after Micah and now he is looking after himself. If anything, I'd say the club have squared him away after his growing massive issue and if he feels he can better football elsewhere, at the fraction of the cost to another team, then good on you, you went for the football.

i just think he's lost heart a bit due to his situation at City. A couple of seasons ago this board was full of people laughing at the England selection of Walker etc over him. Now he's not even 3rd choice right back. I remember him busting a gut to keep us in the league cup at Anfield, as centre back & that cunt giving a pen against him when they leathered the ball at knee onto his arm. That wasn't a bad performance by Micah, it was a fucking excellent one, considering his lack of minutes there. Miles miles better than anything Boateng, Savic or Nastasic have ever produced for us between them.

Anybody who was involved with him as a kid, would immediately say he's a centre back. I'm just gutted he's been shoehorned into legging his bulk up & down the right wing for years, when h should have been just having a breather, then sprinting & stopping centre forwards from getting in behind him as a centre back. We had a space & used a kid to fill it. It's a real shame imo. He never learned the job he should have been taught. He learned a job hos body isn't built to do. Like when Keegan played Richard Dunne as a wingback bcause he was quick.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:02 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:I think a lot of us want to see the youth/Academy come through and we look at them like we do a proud father/mother. The truth is though that we were very lucky to see so many through at that time (dare I say it, that was our class of '92) and they were at a level that was relative to our position at the time. I personally think that if we'd kept them all together we'd have done well, just for the reason that the media would have loved the fact that we were producing possible England players and we would have got some exemptions during the game. Now we have to live with the likes of Custis who will slag us off even though they know what our Academy is producing.

i just think he's lost heart a bit due to his situation at City. A couple of seasons ago this board was full of people laughing at the England selection of Walker etc over him. Now he's not even 3rd choice right back. I remember him busting a gut to keep us in the league cup at Anfield, as centre back & that cunt giving a pen against him when they leathered the ball at knee onto his arm. That wasn't a bad performance by Micah, it was a fucking excellent one, considering his lack of minutes there. Miles miles better than anything Boateng, Savic or Nastasic have ever produced for us between them.

Anybody who was involved with him as a kid, would immediately say he's a centre back. I'm just gutted he's been shoehorned into legging his bulk up & down the right wing for years, when h should have been just having a breather, then sprinting & stopping centre forwards from getting in behind him as a centre back. We had a space & used a kid to fill it. It's a real shame imo. He never learned the job he should have been taught. He learned a job hos body isn't built to do. Like when Keegan played Richard Dunne as a wingback bcause he was quick.

I know where you're coming from mate and in the whole, I agree. My issue with Micah (and I don't have many) is that he took it upon himself, from the hype, and turned himself into the player that needed that 30 seconds of rest. We all said that he'd bilked up and wnated him to play that CB role but the reality was that he went against the grain and took it upon himself to make the switch (I'm sure even Pearce alluded to it, and he was a class defender).

We now come back to why Johnson/Walker et al came before him in the pecking order and you have to wonder if it wasn't Micah and his agent forcing the issue to get what Micah wanted. We always see a team manager go against a national manager but in Micah's case, it wasn't quite as obvious. That says to me more than anything.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby blues2win » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:05 pm

Lescott clearly wanted to stay but Richards wants out. Let's face it he's hardly played at all for two whole seasons and the club still apparently wanted him to stay. He didn't fancy competing with Zaba and I can see why but he was preferred to him at one stage, yes at right back. The club just don't see him as a centre back and it doesn't appear any other club does either. Personally I agree; his positional sense leaves a lot to be desired and I don't think he has a good football brain. He's 26 now; no promising youngster. I suspect he hoped top premiership clubs would come in thick and fast for him but it appears only Sunderland have done even at 5 million. Maybe he'll end up abroad. He's a good lad and I wish him well.

There will be a time in the not too distant future when youngsters from our set up will force their way into the team on merit. Hopefully some of them will be English and even better from Manchester. Until then we'll have to take pleasure in our foreign imports and great pleasure they are giving us too.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:10 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

I know where you're coming from mate and in the whole, I agree. My issue with Micah (and I don't have many) is that he took it upon himself, from the hype, and turned himself into the player that needed that 30 seconds of rest. We all said that he'd bilked up and wnated him to play that CB role but the reality was that he went against the grain and took it upon himself to make the switch (I'm sure even Pearce alluded to it, and he was a class defender).

We now come back to why Johnson/Walker et al came before him in the pecking order and you have to wonder if it wasn't Micah and his agent forcing the issue to get what Micah wanted. We always see a team manager go against a national manager but in Micah's case, it wasn't quite as obvious. That says to me more than anything.

I dunno mate. I know he lost his way for a bit when he was knocking around with Ishmail Miller etc, & I was at least as critical, probably more so, than most at that time. But it's mainly down to the fact that I've seen two really potentially fucking brilliant players at City in the centre back position, both the complete opposite of each other, but both imo with the ability to be the best in the country & that's Paul Lake & Micah Richards.

Neither had even a decent start of a senior career there before, for diffenent reasons, it all went pear shaped, never to return.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:13 pm

He's stook mate. He wants an improved contract and it's just not happening. He cannot accept a contract like the regular players and will lose money if he doesn't play the required games.

Who can blame him, City have changed and by just being English he can try and force the issue, On this one though, he won't win, he'll have to compromise or move on.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:22 pm

I remember seeing Micah as a 17 year old make his England debut at right back and controlling Arjen Robben. He had so much promise and the world at his feet.
I don't think it's so clear cut whether he is a better centre back or right back. His best and most consistent performances in the shirt imo, came at right back in the title winning season.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:23 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:He's stook mate. He wants an improved contract and it's just not happening. He cannot accept a contract like the regular players and will lose money if he doesn't play the required games.

Who can blame him, City have changed and by just being English he can try and force the issue, On this one though, he won't win, he'll have to compromise or move on.

I just think he's decided to go. It would need the manager to persuade him he is going to be part of the setup & I don't think that's in the plan after all his injuries.

It's really sad what's happened with him imo.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:32 pm

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:I remember seeing Micah as a 17 year old make his England debut at right back and controlling Arjen Robben. He had so much promise and the world at his feet.
I don't think it's so clear cut whether he is a better centre back or right back. His best and most consistent performances in the shirt imo, came at right back in the title winning season.

Yeah that's mainly true, because for a start, it's much easier not to make a cunt of yourself playing fullback. Kolarov falls over on a regular basis but if he puts two crosses in, all is forgiven. If the same thing happens to Demicheis, the oppo score.

I remember Micah playing cb v some of the best strikers the Premier League has ever seen & people raving about him (including the oppo players). He then lost form as the team fell apart & managers were afraid for their jobs. He never really got another extended chance in that position .

Mangala has just signed for 32 mil, & I'm not certain he will be an instant success (I'm hopeful he will but not sure). He's 23 and has been playing there for yonks.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:33 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:He's stook mate. He wants an improved contract and it's just not happening. He cannot accept a contract like the regular players and will lose money if he doesn't play the required games.

I just think he's decided to go. It would need the manager to persuade him he is going to be part of the setup & I don't think that's in the plan after all his injuries.

I agree, but only from an a point of nostalgia. We Blues love nostalgia.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:37 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

It's not nostalgia for me, it's just another academy kid who could have been something special, who has fallen off the bus.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:42 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

It's not nostalgia for me, it's just another academy kid who could have been something special, who has fallen off the bus.

But how many are still here? Sweep was our star and we had a few before and after but reality bites, Shaun was the star.

The thought that our Academy could have gone on and produced bigger and better players, that's a different debate, but our staff moved on, it was a massive change.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Sue Perb » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:52 pm

I just love fans forums; I smile, wryly, at the views and passion conveyed in the unambiguous pronouncements proffered by loyal and impassioned supporters.

Notwithstanding this, there's a reason why 'we' follow our team, but only a fortunate few actually manage at football clubs!

I'm definitely in the "if Micah could get fit, stay fit and get a run in the team, we'd once again, see performances to rival his team mates and increasingly fading recollections of his early games for the club; camp!"

The truth is we'll never know i.e. we have no idea what Micah's hopes and ambitions for his future are? What does appear common, to the myriad of opinions, so eruditely recorded here is; he had enormous potential and is an honest and genuine City fan.

I still, sadly, hope Micah will stay at the club, because I naively believe his passion for MCFC, mirrors all I read on this forum. Regrettably, I suspect, I'm wrong but it won't stop me hoping that Micah remains "blue thru and thru!'
“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”

"Sarcasm helps keep you from telling people what you really think of them."
Sue Perb
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Postby mcfc1632 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:56 am

Well he is clearly going so it will be the end of a his chapter at our club. I am a tad jealous of all those with such cherished memories of his outstanding potential and examples of brilliant CB and RB displays. Whilst I can remember of very narrow period of good performances, my memories are much more loaded with examples where he demonstrates that he is not possibly a candidate for CB because he shows no evidence of having a football brain - which is needed to play there - he would IMO be a total liability.

But mostly I just remember the numerous times I was screaming at him to get his arse the fuck back towards our RB position where other players were making effort to cover after he had stupidly lost the ball - but all he did was jog and look on from afar.
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum