richards a toffee??

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: richards a toffee??

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:01 am

Did I really just read the Micah is better than Zab?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby sheblue » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:39 am

Beefymcfc wrote:Did I really just read the Micah is better than Zab?

yes I believe you did, but I think it WAS rather than IS.

I like micah a lot and would be sad to see him go, but zabba is a more intelligent footballer.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby john@staustell » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:03 am

Everton negotiate hard. Expect this on 31st August!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:29 am

sheblue wrote:

I like micah a lot and would be sad to see him go, but zabba is a more intelligent footballer.

He might be, but two years ago Micah was a better fullback & only lost that job due to fitness issues, not due to us worrying about his football intelligence. It was Micah who got the nod at right back not Zabaleta.

Didn't notice loads of people complaining about his performances then.

Watch on youtube.com
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:00 pm

Micah had a great half a season in 11-12 but since then zab has had a quality, consistent two and half seasons.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:04 pm

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:Micah had a great half a season in 11-12 but since then zab has had a quality, consistent two and half seasons.

He was quality right throughout that season. Let's not pretend otherwise
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:12 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
sheblue wrote:

He might be, but two years ago Micah was a better fullback & only lost that job due to fitness issues, not due to us worrying about his football intelligence. It was Micah who got the nod at right back not Zabaleta.

Watch on youtube.com

Micah had his best season and I don't think anybody can deny that. He held that spot for the majority of the season with Zab's being farmed out on the other side or covering, well, any other spot that was available. However, his injury troubles were brought into question and that's why Zab's got the nod come the end of season run-in.

Overall, Micah has shown only glimpses, compared to Zab's, of a very good fullback, but even during that season I was screaming at him to get back once he went on a run; just fucking dawdling back, he made Yaya look like a speed merchant. Zab's, for me, was, and still is, head and shoulders above Micah.

All about opinions I suppose.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby john@staustell » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:18 pm

Ship him out, get the dosh in.

The less we spend net the more foolish UEFA and Arsene Whinger will look when our fiugres for season 2014-15 come out in about 16 months.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:20 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
sheblue wrote:

Watch on youtube.com

Micah had his best season and I don't think anybody can deny that. He held that spot for the majority of the season with Zab's being farmed out on the other side or covering, well, any other spot that was available. However, his injury troubles were brought into question and that's why Zab's got the nod come the end of season run-in.

Overall, Micah has shown only glimpses, compared to Zab's, of a very good fullback, but even during that season I was screaming at him to get back once he went on a run; just fucking dawdling back, he made Yaya look like a speed merchant. Zab's, for me, was, and still is, head and shoulders above Micah.

All about opinions I suppose.

Micah's never been the best footballer but what he gave us that season was power and pace down the right, when he went on them barreling runs he caused havoc in the oppositions defence which was a great asset against parked busses. It was notable in the games he missed that we lacked the same kind of threat on our right side and thus struggled to score.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby sheblue » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:35 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
sheblue wrote:

Watch on youtube.com

No he played well and if fit I would have him miles ahead of sagna, but not ahead of zabba in terms of reading the game and positional sense. but I still don't want him to go. but he will.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:36 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Bridge'srightfoot wrote:Micah had a great half a season in 11-12 but since then zab has had a quality, consistent two and half seasons.

Well he was injured and out the team mostly for the last ten games or so iirc. He was quality but zabs over the last two seasons has reached a higher level consistently whilst remaining largely injury free. Zabs is the more intelligent footballer, harder worker and better defensively.
Bridge'srightfoot

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:53 pm

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:

Well he was injured and out the team mostly for the last ten games or so iirc. He was quality but zabs over the last two seasons has reached a higher level consistently whilst remaining largely injury free. Zabs is the more intelligent footballer, harder worker and better defensively.

It's all here mate

http://www.transfermarkt.com/micah-rich ... aison/2011

I'll give you that on Zaba but lest we forget Zaba was very rash in the tackle when he came first and was always at risk of cards because of it, he wasn't the quickest on the turn either and would get caught flat footed by opposition wingers quite often and offered little or nothing going forward.

When he lost his place to Micah under Mancini he buckled down and worked hard on improving the areas of his game where he was weak. As a result he developed into one of the best full backs around. I'm looking forward to seeing his battle with Sagna because despite Zaba improving immensely since his early days with us the attacking side of his game is still lacking in terms of quality deliveries, something Sagna has in abundance.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:01 pm

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:

....or even when he gets injured, he just shrugs it off and plays on.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby PrezIke » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:11 pm

Well we want(ed) to keep micah but he supposedly does not want go stay unless he is in the first team. Guess he does not feel he can beat out zaba which is unfortunate as apparently sanga might think he can. Zaba is getting older as well so micah might have stood a chance. Will be a shame but guess it's bidness never personal.
Last edited by PrezIke on Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby roblues » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:21 pm

PrezIke wrote:Well we want(ed) to keep micah but he supposedly does not want go stay unless he is in the first team. Guess he does not feel he can beat out zaba which is a shame as apparently sanga might think he can. Zaba is getting older as well so micah might have stood a chance. Will be a shame but guess it's bidness never personal.

It had to have been bittersweet for Micah to play consistently, from breaking into the team all the way up to the last eight games of our first title win, and then have to sit on the bench through two title wins. Sagna is coming in as a squad player, who might play just under half the games, plus another few in the cups, feel like he has contributed a fair bit to any success we have, and will be delighted to take a Premier League title winning medal for his retirement collection. He said as much in his interview on the OS.
roblues
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby mcfc1632 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:01 pm

I really can understand all the Micah 'love' but there do seem to be blue tinted glasses to a very large extent - obviously only IMO.

Bit (again IMO) it is all so over-hyped, for me it was a simple example of:

A) a player bursting onto the scene and looking really full of potential

b) quickly followed by someone becoming too full of himself and not pushing on - there have3 been so many other examples over the years but we do not comment because their were no 'ours'

c) rapidly becoming irrelevant - only a fan's memory of potential not realised - sorry this was down to him(again IMO)

d) we should just get over it - he is looking after his own interests which we cannot blame him for - but he is sooooo far below the level we need. I for one rest easier knowing that I will not see a player with no football brain and an attitude of cannot be parsed to play a team game not letting us down again. Yes I remember the good games but also - unlike I would respectfully some others do not - remember the screaming frustration of a 'world class jogger' ambling back after losing the ball an being so grossly out of position that his team mates were exposed - and he could not be even parsed to sprint.

e) I suspect that a few months after he has left he will be a 'non-event' apart from to those that persist in invalid reminiscence

Football has seen so many of such players come and go - difference with Micah is that he was born in an era when he can retire in his mid-twenties having done fuck all of note for our club in real terms. FFS there are many more worthy examples of the level of angst and respect he receives - perhaps I am just missing something crucial - despite having been at almost every game he has played - or perhaps some just make strangely OTT allowances.
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:38 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Bridge'srightfoot wrote:

Do you have an example of this?

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:49 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Bridge'srightfoot wrote:

Do you have an example of this?

Cheers

The Scholes 'tackle' at Wembley a few years ago. More recently gashed heads and in the World Cup, facial damage - but he just seems to continue where others might need subbing.

Cheers and have a nice day.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Herb » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:56 pm

He was perhaps 'quality' compared to what we were used to in previous years but he was a one trick pony and his bursting runs forward and into the r/h side of the box was his one trick . . . getting back into defence thereafter was not in his repertoire because he was too bulky even then to do the shuttling sprints up and down the pitch that Zab does every week nowadays.

I know that he's been with us forever and that we owe him a bit of respect for being one of ours and being a nice guy etc. but we wouldn't even think about buying him if he was elsewhere because he's not good enough and he's presently clinging on here like a limpet because nobody else thinks he's worth even half of the salary he's on and he'd rather have the money than the game time.
Micah is bloody fantastic at taking the wages, hanging around with his bestest mate Wio, giving his winning smile to the camera and pumping himself up beyond the point of usefulness or reason - he is not fantastically good at being a top class right back, getting up the pitch or back down again, predicting play, maintaining a good position or thinking beyond his next burger.

From my perspective, the sooner we get his expensive smile off the books and get a player in who's worth the money the better.
If we had De Gea and the rags had Hart, we'd be top with a 9 point lead and they'd be in 12th place - that's the difference between a 'good' keeper and a 'top class' keeper - 12 places - think about it.
Herb
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: City super City
My favourite player is: NOT Howler Hart!

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:05 pm

Herb wrote:

He was perhaps 'quality' compared to what we were used to in previous years but he was a one trick pony and his bursting runs forward and into the r/h side of the box was his one trick . . . getting back into defence thereafter was not in his repertoire because he was too bulky even then to do the shuttling sprints up and down the pitch that Zab does every week nowadays.

I know that he's been with us forever and that we owe him a bit of respect for being one of ours and being a nice guy etc. but we wouldn't even think about buying him if he was elsewhere because he's not good enough and he's presently clinging on here like a limpet because nobody else thinks he's worth even half of the salary he's on and he'd rather have the money than the game time.
Micah is bloody fantastic at taking the wages, hanging around with his bestest mate Wio, giving his winning smile to the camera and pumping himself up beyond the point of usefulness or reason - he is not fantastically good at being a top class right back, getting up the pitch or back down again, predicting play, maintaining a good position or thinking beyond his next burger.

From my perspective, the sooner we get his expensive smile off the books and get a player in who's worth the money the better.

This hits the nail right on the head.

If he was elsewhere, even if he was injury-free, would we consider making a bid to buy him, in order to improve our squad ??

Herb's comment just seems to put it all in perspective.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum