richards a toffee??

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: richards a toffee??

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:54 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:He's stook mate. He wants an improved contract and it's just not happening. He cannot accept a contract like the regular players and will lose money if he doesn't play the required games.

Who can blame him, City have changed and by just being English he can try and force the issue, On this one though, he won't win, he'll have to compromise or move on.

I just think he's decided to go. It would need the manager to persuade him he is going to be part of the setup & I don't think that's in the plan after all his injuries.

It's really sad what's happened with him imo.

I agree, but only from an a point of nostalgia. We Blues love nostalgia.

It's not nostalgia for me, it's just another academy kid who could have been something special, who has fallen off the bus.

But how many are still here? Sweep was our star and we had a few before and after but reality bites, Shaun was the star.

The thought that our Academy could have gone on and produced bigger and better players, that's a different debate, but our staff moved on, it was a massive change.

We produced hardly any quality footballers at all in those years & I'm glad it was torn apart & started again, it was crap, but the few good players we did produce have not ended up having anything like the career they should have had.

Only Sturridge has the chance to actually reach the level SWP, Ireland, Weiss & Richards should have been at.

One top 4 regular player in all those years. What an absolute waste of time. Micah would have been the ONLY City success story from that system.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:07 am

mcfc1632 wrote:Well he is clearly going so it will be the end of a his chapter at our club. I am a tad jealous of all those with such cherished memories of his outstanding potential and examples of brilliant CB and RB displays. Whilst I can remember of very narrow period of good performances, my memories are much more loaded with examples where he demonstrates that he is not possibly a candidate for CB because he shows no evidence of having a football brain - which is needed to play there - he would IMO be a total liability.

But mostly I just remember the numerous times I was screaming at him to get his arse the fuck back towards our RB position where other players were making effort to cover after he had stupidly lost the ball - but all he did was jog and look on from afar.

Just out of interest, do you scream at Kolarov for doing the very same thing now?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby nottsblue » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:54 am

I can see him staying at least until January. If our price tag is £5m that will put most suitors off. Might not be a bad idea to have him around. He has a lot of support from the fans, he hasn't disrespected the club and he appears to be liked by the rest of the squad. Maybe he will get a chance due to injury or suspension and maybe he will take it, maybe not. I for one wouldn't be sad to see him here for a bit longer. Yes he has been poor for a while but there are reasons for that but I reckon he's earned some time for that. Equally, if he goes then do be it and I'll wish him all the best and hope it works out for him wherever he goes. A blue is a blue for life
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby phips » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:58 pm

nottsblue wrote:I can see him staying at least until January.

at this point in the window I'm probably going to agree with you
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby mcfc1632 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:25 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
mcfc1632 wrote:Well he is clearly going so it will be the end of a his chapter at our club. I am a tad jealous of all those with such cherished memories of his outstanding potential and examples of brilliant CB and RB displays. Whilst I can remember of very narrow period of good performances, my memories are much more loaded with examples where he demonstrates that he is not possibly a candidate for CB because he shows no evidence of having a football brain - which is needed to play there - he would IMO be a total liability.

But mostly I just remember the numerous times I was screaming at him to get his arse the fuck back towards our RB position where other players were making effort to cover after he had stupidly lost the ball - but all he did was jog and look on from afar.

Just out of interest, do you scream at Kolarov for doing the very same thing now?

Well actually yes I do

That said I admit I make allowances because:

A) he actually at least gets back in time for a 2nd or 3rd play - so if his team mates have sorted out the first break he can contribute rather than spectate

b) Kolorov does not have great pace in the first place so his lack of getting back is due generally to not being quick enough rather than seemingly (IMO) not being arsed

c) Kolorov at least has a football brain and can read the play - so whilst still disappointingly slow makes fewer utterly stupid mistakes

But most of all I make allowances because:

e) when he gets up front he is one of the best crosses of a ball I have ever seen - and can also offer a threat from shots - rather than a bit of a bumbling idiot (yes I know that is harsh but perhaps it needs saying) - falling over and doing embarrassing dives etc.

IMO Micah had (simply put) no or terrible end product - so I only saw downsides after the first moths of potential - flattered to deceive for me
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:34 pm

mcfc1632 wrote:

Well actually yes I do

That said I admit I make allowances because:

A) he actually at least gets back in time for a 2nd or 3rd play - so if his team mates have sorted out the first break he can contribute rather than spectate

b) Kolorov does not have great pace in the first place so his lack of getting back is due generally to not being quick enough rather than seemingly (IMO) not being arsed

c) Kolorov at least has a football brain and can read the play - so whilst still disappointingly slow makes fewer utterly stupid mistakes

But most of all I make allowances because:

e) when he gets up front he is one of the best crosses of a ball I have ever seen - and can also offer a threat from shots - rather than a bit of a bumbling idiot (yes I know that is harsh but perhaps it needs saying) - falling over and doing embarrassing dives etc.

IMO Micah had (simply put) no or terrible end product - so I only saw downsides after the first moths of potential - flattered to deceive for me

b) is bollox imo.

What do you make of Zaba's end product?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby nottsblue » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:12 pm

Thank you Micah. Good luck at Fiorentina. Meet up with Savic again. Imagine if they played Savic and Micah together at CB!

All the best kid
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Herb » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:57 pm

Oi foreverupjoesarse, can't you just accept that not everyone shares your buttock lust praising opinion of obviously average players?

MCFC1632, A good point well made Sir and a valid opinion in a forum designed for that so no need to explain yourself to the gimp.
If we had De Gea and the rags had Hart, we'd be top with a 9 point lead and they'd be in 12th place - that's the difference between a 'good' keeper and a 'top class' keeper - 12 places - think about it.
Herb
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: City super City
My favourite player is: NOT Howler Hart!

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum