Match Of The Day Gets New Pundits

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Match Of The Day Gets New Pundits

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:37 pm

Just when I thought all was coming good. Hansen gone, Lawro on his way out, and then they go and do fucking this! Honestly, those who think there's no pro-Rag bias, wake the fuck up!

MOTD: Ruud Gullit, Philip Neville and Rio Ferdinand join show

Ruud Gullit, Philip Neville and Rio Ferdinand are joining Match of the Day as it celebrates its 50th anniversary.

Former Netherlands international Gullit, 51, and ex-England duo Neville and Ferdinand will be part of a team which will also include Alan Shearer, Robbie Savage and Danny Murphy.

Alan Hansen retired from his role as a pundit on the programme after 22 years following the World Cup finals.

The BBC will screen more than 12 hours of weekend football TV coverage.

Among the additions will be a Sunday morning repeat of the Football League show on BBC Two.

And the FA Cup is returning to BBC Television after a six-year absence, with 16 live matches on the road to Wembley and highlights of every round.

"Following on from an amazing World Cup that saw a huge audience appetite for football, BBC Sport is excited about delivering more content than ever before," said Barbara Slater, Director of BBC Sport.

"MOTD turning 50 is such a broadcasting milestone and we're hugely proud of the programme.

"This season we are looking forward to continuing to evolve this national institution and having the FA Cup back live on TV enables us to make even more impact with our coverage. Across TV, radio, online and digital platforms the audience won't miss a thing."

As well as Match of the Day, the BBC will continue to show MOTD2, MOTD2 Extra, MOTD Kickabout, Football Focus and Final Score.

Comprehensive online coverage will come via the BBC Sport website, while for the first time this season fans can sign up for goal alerts, team line-ups and scores as they happen through the BBC Sport app for mobiles and tablets.

More women's football, including internationals, the Super League and Women's FA Cup, will be broadcast than ever before.

And BBC Radio 5 live will again have the most extensive commentary portfolio available with a line-up including former England international Neville, an expanded role for ex-Wigan, Blackburn Rovers and Reading striker Jason Roberts and new Football Correspondent John Murray leading commentary alongside Alan Green.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Re: Match Of The Day Gets New Pundits

Postby nottsblue » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:39 pm

Phil Neville. Jesus wept
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:47 pm

nottsblue wrote:Phil Neville. Jesus wept

They were 2 of the most boring pundits around for the WC and the tripe that CamelGob spilled from those curly wurly lips made Jimmy Bullard look like an intellect.

Pathetic!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:47 pm

Rhombus Gob? FFS. He can't even string a sentence together!
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby MilnersJaw » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:22 pm

it is even more hilarious that camel job will becoming straight after his matches with qpr.

so much for phils coaching career, i'm glad I don't pay my licence fee.
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silver

Postby nottsblue » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:34 pm

Begs the quiz of who has the worst punditry.

BBC - P Neville, Camel gob, Lawro, Shearer, Savage, Murphy, Crooks, Keown. Savage, Murphy and Keown are bearable

Sky - G Neville, Carragher, Redknapp, Quinn, Souness, Merson. Redknapp is an utter bellend and Souness disgraced himself towards end of last season. Carragher is finding his feet but Quinn and Neville are superior to the BBC. The Saturday afternoon guys are reasonable though I dislike Charlie Nicholas and am not keen on Thommo, though for a dyed in the wool scouser he isn't as bad as some of their brethren.

BT Sport - Owen, Mcmanamanamanamnan, James, Hargreaves, Gray, Ginola, Scholes. Owen, nuff said already, Gray and Ginola are good and Scholes has potential as he seems not afraid to speak out.

Who has the best pundits? Tough call but BT shades it for me and if they lose Owen so much the better. Perhaps they can send him to West Africa to cover a game in Sierra Leone
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Herb » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:49 pm

nottsblue wrote:Begs the quiz of who has the worst punditry.

BBC - P Neville, Camel gob, Lawro, Shearer, Savage, Murphy, Crooks, Keown. Savage, Murphy and Keown are bearable

Sky - G Neville, Carragher, Redknapp, Quinn, Souness, Merson. Redknapp is an utter bellend and Souness disgraced himself towards end of last season. Carragher is finding his feet but Quinn and Neville are superior to the BBC. The Saturday afternoon guys are reasonable though I dislike Charlie Nicholas and am not keen on Thommo, though for a dyed in the wool scouser he isn't as bad as some of their brethren.

BT Sport - Owen, Mcmanamanamanamnan, James, Hargreaves, Gray, Ginola, Scholes. Owen, nuff said already, Gray and Ginola are good and Scholes has potential as he seems not afraid to speak out.

Who has the best pundits? Tough call but BT shades it for me and if they lose Owen so much the better. Perhaps they can send him to West Africa to cover a game in Sierra Leone

It's a good round-up and I agree in general but IMO camel gob is a truly useless dickwipe who can't hide his profound ignorance and ingrained biases. As for that embarrassingly useless cockcheeseeater Owen . . well he was the inspiration that made me cancel my BT subscription and if more people took that stance then he'd be gone.
If we had De Gea and the rags had Hart, we'd be top with a 9 point lead and they'd be in 12th place - that's the difference between a 'good' keeper and a 'top class' keeper - 12 places - think about it.
Herb
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: City super City
My favourite player is: NOT Howler Hart!

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:31 pm

The three new ones for MOTD are all rubbish. Even Ruud Gullit has been uninspiring as a pundit whenever I have seen him. Only a small percentage of players make a success of this role, and it's usually the ones you don't expect. Same applies in many sports.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Spurge » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:03 pm

Rag bias - they'll probably have a studio backdrop including life size photos of Best, Charlton, Veron, Djemba Djemba and Bacon
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:08 pm

That's incredible. If we've got to have rags, can't we at least have some who are actually good at it ? It's like they've gone for the bitterest rather than the best.

Scholes for example can't stand us but at least he talks sense & occasionally speaks the truth re the rags. I can only assume they have had loads of complaints from rags about scouse bias, so have employed two complete rag cunts to even it out.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Sideshow Bob » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:18 pm

chuckle 2 and camel twat!? ycnmiu.

edit: also, gullitt is boring as fuck.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:36 pm

pick your ideal then....
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Slim » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:57 pm

It's not April 1st already is it?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby CTID Hants » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:32 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:pick your ideal then....

Anyone that doesn't make me want to take a spirit level to their mouths.... I can't be doing with working out why my tv is no longer ultra millimetre perfect level ;-)

Who would I have, to be fair IMO savage hasn't been too bad, that said I think he comes across better on the radio (can't remember which game I listened to on the way home from work on 5 live during the recent World Cup, but he was very engaging through the medium of radio, dare I say it... A bit Jonathan Pearce 20 years ago commenting on England v ....., I can't remember, but "visualised" the game for me whilst driving. The game where the ball stopped dead in the puddle of the goal mouth?)

Anyway what I'm eluding to is camel gob (a) is fugging ugly & offensive when he appears on my HD TV (b) has the diatribe of a retard when he speaks....

2nd son of Neville Neville, at this stage I can't form an opinion of, as I've not seen/heard him in action and as for dreadlocks... He will sound as monotone as scar face that has just retired?
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby patrickblue » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:34 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Phil Neville. Jesus wept

They were 2 of the most boring pundits around for the WC and the tripe that CamelGob spilled from those curly wurly lips made Jimmy Bullard look like an intellect.

Pathetic!

Don't remember Jesus Wept doing any punditry.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby ashton287 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:33 pm

Don't watch it much anyway but I assume they will be on the Sunday show.

We don't get any coverage and even if we win 5-0 every week the story of the great struggle of the rags from small town underdogs to champions will dominate it every week which is only right as they have brought through so many English youngsters this season and van gaal has already won the prestigious Guinness international cup ON HIS FIRST TRY no less.
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: De jong

Postby Green & Blue » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:36 pm

Looks like motd is destined to go from bad to worse with that lot joining the show.Hard to believe anyone could think Rio Ferdinand is capable of doing a good job he's already shown he's a joke.Owens the worst of the lot at present but I have a feeling Rio will give him a run for his money.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Twobob » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:30 am

Record and FF the 'punditry' for this season then - bloody joke!
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - HST

Monsters are dangerous and Kings are dying like flies arround here...
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby Dameerto » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:15 am

I just KNEW they were lining up Ferdinand as a sodding pundit. Ah well, MOTD was getting old anyway.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:52 am

Here's a thought. If Hansen and Lawro were brought into the Beeb after their period of dominance, does this mean the same will happen to the Rags?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum