Wednesday's B****x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Wednesday's B****x

Postby Chinners » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:05 am

THE BOLLOX

There are plenty of City-centric tales in the headlines this morning.
Surprisingly, there's little in terms of transfer speculation (for once!) but here are some alternative stories fit to quench your thirst.
Let's start with the article in the Manchester Evening News, which features an interview with City new-boy Fernando. In it, he discloses his footballing heroes - and his current idol is a familiar face we all know and love.
Writes Paul Handler: "Although he spoke to MEN Sport through an interpreter, no translation was needed when he was asked who his midfield idol is.
"A shrug of the shoulders and a smile suggested there was no doubt in his mind before he added simply: 'Yaya'.
"It is easy to see why Fernando chooses Yaya over the more subtle attacking talents of David Silva or Samir Nasri.
"Toure can do as much damage if not more than that duo going forward AND perform the holding role that Fernando has been tasked with at the Etihad.
"The 27-year-old was well used on City’s US tour, with only youngster Bruno Zuculini getting more minutes from the central midfielders.
"He did well overall, although after a summer off there is clearly sharpness to be added, plus the inevitable adjustment to the frenetic pace of the Premier League."
Reflecting on the past few weeks, Fernando declared: "It’s been a tough tour. It got easier as the games went along, but it was difficult.
"It has been more intense [than in Portugal] and the pace is quicker. But I was expecting that having watched the Premier League before I came here. But I'm getting used to it. I'm adapting.
"I knew I was facing great players when I came here, I just need to keep working hard and I'll prove myself.
"I win a lot of balls, like multi-legged, that's where the Octopus nickname came from, and hopefully I can do well."
In other news, the Daily Mail have listed three Premier League stars who they feel should be included in your Fantasy Football team - one of those is Stevan Jovetic.
Writes Oliver Todd: "A fairly average first season in English football has pushed Jovetic's price tag down - and you should take advantage when you can.
"With Alvaro Negredo injured and Edin Dzeko a player whose form peaks and troughs, the Montenegro striker should finally get a good run in Manuel Pellegrini's side.
"He has been in excellent form in pre season and a decent double against Liverpool showed he can hack it against the Premier League's best - though that shouldn't be a surprise. He scored against Chelsea in the FA Cup last season after his team-mates failed to do so in the league.
"If you're picking your team based on last season's stats you could overlook Jovetic, but do so at your peril. It's his turn to light up the Premier League and that can only help your Fantasy team."
Thanks for the tip!
And finally, a snippet of transfer gossip as Paul Watson of Here Is The City claims Matija Nastasic could be on his way to Juventus.
"According to Tuttosport, Juventus sporting director Beppe Marotta has identified his two objectives in Paris Saint Germain forward Ezequiel Lavezzi and Serbian international stopper Nastasic," Watson reports.
"Manchester City finally seem to be about to announce the signature of Porto star Eliaquim Mangala after weeks of speculation, and that could have a strong bearing on the future of Nastasic.
"Tuttosport believes that Man City will be happy to let Nastasic leave and the most likely formula would be a loan with the option of an outright sale in the summer of 2015."

If Man City land Radamel Falcao, Juventus want to sign Stevan Jovetic
Gazzetta dello Sport have a fanciful transfer merry-go-round on their front page on Wednesday, in a tale involving Monaco, Manchester City and Juventus.
According to the Italian pink paper, Manchester City are targetting Radamel Falcao this summer, however rather than going for a permanent transfer, GdS believe City are trying to get the Colombian hitman on loan.
The reason for a loan deal is so that Man City get around any Financial Fair Play issues which could surface were the Citizens to spent big to sign Falcao at this time.
For the record, Monaco spent 60 million pounds signing Falcao from Atletico Madrid last summer.
Were Falcao to move to the Etihad, Gazzetta then believe that Juventus will make a move to sign Stevan Jovetic.
It all fells super far-fetched, however that hasn’t stopped Gazzetta having the gumption to place the story on their front page on Wednesday.

New Manchester City defender Bacary Sagna, 31, delighted dozens of the club's fans by posing for photos while joining them on a tour of Etihad Stadium.

Midfielder Jack Rodwell, 23, hopes his move from Manchester City to Sunderland will help to resurrect his England career. Daily Star

City: Lampard loan hasn’t broken FFP rules
Manchester City are confident they have not broken UEFA Financial Fair Play regulations by taking Frank Lampard on loan.
The 36-year-old midfielder has signed a two-year contract with emerging MLS side New York City — one of Manchester City’s sister clubs.
But the American side do not enter the league until next March so Lampard will play for the Premier League champions until January.
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger raised doubts at the weekend over whether Lampard’s loan — given the club he is contracted to — adhered to the FFP rules to stop clubs spending more than they earn.
City failed UEFA’s FFP tests last season and must include five home-grown players in a restricted 21-man Champions League squad — of which Lampard will be one.
However City, who are close to breaking even this year, are steadfast in their belief that they have not bent UEFA’s regulations in their move for Lampard.
UEFA rules state Lampard’s loan move falls inside the FFP guidelines provided City pay the former Chelsea midfielder’s wages, which they insist they will.
Although Manchester City, New York City, Melbourne City and are all owned by holding company City Football Group — who also own shares in Yokohama Marinos — they are run as standalone businesses.
With that in mind, City believe the relationships with their sister clubs are no different from feeder club arrangements — for example Chelsea’s agreement with Dutch club Vitesse Arnhem.
City do not see loan arrivals from New York, Melbourne or Yokohama becoming a regular occurrence. They feel the main benefit of the partnerships will be for the club’s talented academy players to be loaned out.
Meanwhile, Monaco defender Ricardo Carvalho has spoken of his surprise at Lampard’s move to City.
Carvalho, who spent six seasons at Stamford Bridge with Lampard, said: “I’m a supporter of Chelsea so of course I would prefer to see him back at Chelsea rather than in a City shirt. But you have to respect his decision.”

Manchester City Supporters Pay Tribute To Newcastle Fans – Respect
A big well done to the Manchester City fans who have gone to the trouble of getting a special banner produced ahead of the opening match of the season.
In tribute to Liam Sweeney and John Alder who perished in the Malaysian Airlines tragedy, the Manchester City supporters have produced a fitting tribute.
Like so many other positives that have sprung from such a sad event, thank you to these City fans and those of so many other clubs who have come together with Newcastle supporters, to remind us of the massive force for good that our national sport so often can be.

Patrick Vieira is building a bright future at Manchester City... with a core group of English players

City trying to bring through English players for the future
Vieira looks to replicate German model, creating stars such as Manuel Neuer
Devante Cole one of those highly rated at the club
City look to make great people, as well as great players

In broiling heat on the western tip of Croatia, Patrick Vieira is demanding that little bit more from his young Manchester City players.
‘Come on, come on, come on,’ he urges, with increasing cadence, as his elite development squad — or reserve team, in old money — play a two-touch, six-a-side game. ‘It’s hot, you are tired. Keep the ball. Never lose it.’
Vieira’s proteges, along with the Under 18 group, coached by former Blackburn winger Jason Wilcox, are in the quaint coastal town of Novigrad for a 10-day training camp set against the panoramic backdrop of the Adriatic Sea.
‘It’s not an army barracks but it’s also not five-star luxury and glam,’ says Mark Allen, head of the academy. ‘It offers the boys a taste, but we keep them grounded.’
‘We have a motto here,’ Wilcox begins. ‘Great person, great footballer. That means punctuality, appearance, work ethic, respect. You speak to cleaners how you speak to the manager.
‘You shake hands with every member of staff in the morning and when they leave at night. It’s vital.’
At the club’s Carrington training ground in Manchester, discipline is instilled in these young men. If they forget an item of kit, whether it be their water bottle or shin pads, they will not train. If they are late for a team meeting on match-day, they will not play.
FULL ARTICLE on MCF.net THREAD: viewtopic.php?f=119&t=48840

Spoiler: Show/Hide
Spoilbox

Manchester United want to buy Colombia winger Juan Cuadrado, 26, from Fiorentina but fear the Italian club may raise the asking price beyond their offer of £29m. Daily Star

The Old Trafford club's interest in Juventus's Arturo Vidal, 27, may wane over concerns about the Chilean midfielder's knee problems. Daily Express

England goalkeeper Fraser Forster, 26, will leave Celtic for Southampton in an £8m move if the Scottish side fail to overturn their 4-1 deficit to Legia Warsaw and are knocked out of the Champions League on Wednesday. Daily Mirror

West Ham have had a £7m offer for Bosnia-Hercegovina striker Vedad Ibisevic, 29, rejected by German club Stuttgart as manager Sam Allardyce seeks back-up for injured forward Andy Carroll. Daily Star

Nottingham Forest manager Stuart Pearce is determined to keep Burnley midfield target Henri Lansbury, 23 at the County Ground. Nottingham Evening Post

Middlesbrough are poised to sign midfielder Adam Clayton, 25, from Championship rivals Huddersfield Town. Northern Echo

Sheffield Wednesday have made a bid for St Johnstone striker Stevie May in an effort to beat South Yorkshire rivals Rotherham to the signing of the 21-year-old. Daily Express

Arsenal are preparing to make a bid to buy Liverpool's 29-year-old defender Daniel Agger. Daily Star

Southampton chairman Ralph Krueger insists midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin, 24, and striker Jay Rodriguez, 25, will be staying at St Mary's, with the summer sales at the south coast club now over. Daily Telegraph

UAE club Al Jazira have rejected talk of a bid for AC Milan's former Manchester City and Brazil striker Robinho, 30. Sport 360

Barcelona made their initial approach for Luis Suarez, 27, before the Liverpool striker's biting incident at the World Cup, which ended with him moving to the Nou Camp. Daily Mirror

Manchester United midfielder Tom Cleverley, 24, is determined to re-establish himself in the starting line-up at Old Trafford under new manager Louis van Gaal after getting booed by fans last season. Sun

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has warned his Manchester United counterpart Van Gaal he is in for a shock because the Premier League is superior to the leagues in which the Dutchman has previously managed. Daily Mirror

Newcastle midfielder Jack Colback, 24, is unconcerned about the prospect of a backlash from Sunderland fans after his move to St James' Park from the Stadium of Light. DSSC

New Millwall striker Ricardo Fuller, 34, says he has invited friend and fellow Jamaican Usain Bolt, the six-time Olympic champion, to watch a game at The Den. Independent

Sepp Blatter, president of governing body Fifa, claims it is difficult to find places for women in senior roles because football is such a macho sport. Guardian

Leeds United owner Massimo Cellino says new signings are not allowed to stay in a certain hotel in the city because the establishment's colour scheme is purple, a colour he believes is bad luck. DSSC

MORE BOLLOX SHORTLY
Last edited by Chinners on Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:29 am, edited 6 times in total.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Wednesday's B****x

Postby lets all have a disco » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:09 am

Leeds United owner Massimo Cellino says new signings are not allowed to stay in a certain hotel in the city because the establishment's colour scheme is purple, a colour he believes is bad luck. DSSC

Im sure i've heard another Italian saying this.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Re: Wednesday's B****x

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:24 am

Chinners wrote:
The Old Trafford club's interest in Juventus's Arturo Vidal, 27, may wane over concerns about the Chilean midfielder's knee problems. Daily Express

Oh thats the new snub phrase, concern about a knee injury about one of the best midfielders on the plant ha ha OK

Chinners wrote:Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has warned his Manchester United counterpart Van Gaal he is in for a shock because the Premier League is superior to the leagues in which the Dutchman has previously managed. Daily Mirror

OK Brenda, sure, because you have had such exposure to managing in all the countries where Butthead has, what a tosser.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Return to The Maine Football forum