Lampard!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Lampard!

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:10 am

Slim wrote:He's keeping fit until the MLS season starts, and if we need him in a pinch he might play a league cup match, nothing more. Registering him for the CL squad is probably down to the quota they have us on and him being English makes him an addition without losing anyone.

But we're stacked with homegrown players at the moment. Remember, we can only register 5 for the CL squad, so unless the likes of Richards, Sinclair, Guidetti & Rodwell all leave, he would be taking someone's place.

Hart, Wright, Boyata, Clichy, Richards, Rodwell, Lampard, Milner, Sinclair, Guidetti

That's 10 homegrown players for 5 places (8 for the PL squad).
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:33 am

I Just Blue Myself wrote:
Slim wrote:He's keeping fit until the MLS season starts, and if we need him in a pinch he might play a league cup match, nothing more. Registering him for the CL squad is probably down to the quota they have us on and him being English makes him an addition without losing anyone.

But we're stacked with homegrown players at the moment. Remember, we can only register 5 for the CL squad, so unless the likes of Richards, Sinclair, Guidetti & Rodwell all leave, he would be taking someone's place.

Hart, Wright, Boyata, Clichy, Richards, Rodwell, Lampard, Milner, Sinclair, Guidetti

The idea probably is that some of the players mentioned are leaving, & therefore Lampard fills the gap of 'occasional backup player if the shit hits the fan' currently taken by Rodwell etc IF he agrees to it.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby CTID Hants » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:38 am

Beefymcfc wrote:I'm not sure if I'm readin this thread right but as he's already signed for City (NYCFC) then he'll need a club to train/play with until the MLS starts (March isn't it). Therefore, the best option for him, and us, is to come over to the light Blue side for a while.

I like Fat Frank, always puts in a shift and would be great as a back-up. He's still better than Gerrard in my eyes and would be a good pro to have around our youngsters on the training ground.

No brainer for me.

Exactly what I would have posted Beefy, they aren't going to let him rest up for six months, at his age he'd go rusty lol.

Although someone mentioned he 'turned down Melbourne' I doubt he would have a say in the matter? Also whatever loan plan would have been agreed before signing.....

Other than being great to have him around the squad from a professional experience, it's another great marketing from the club to keep us top of the news during the closed season (I fookin hate 'off season'. Lampard is a globally known name in football so the story won't be mentioned in the UK...

Also it will head fuck Maureen IMO, clever way of getting insight on how Chelsea prepare against us?

Finally as others have said, a great way of testing the waters over FFP and bent bastards at UEFA

I can't think of one negative in this at all, completely a win-win situation very cleverly thought out by the club and hopefully executed soon :-)
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:09 am

If he turned down Mlbourne he can turn down us. Obviously his contract to play is for New York & he would have to agree to include us in it.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:09 am

If he turned down Mlbourne he can turn down us. Obviously his contract to play is for New York & he would have to agree to include us in it.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby phips » Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:30 pm

i can't see Richards and Guidetti being included in either squad, and prob not Sinclair for CL

but i do think the club will keep Sinclair due to the uncertainty of Milner's stay at the club
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby roblues » Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:43 pm

Isn't this a misinterpretation of the actual ruling? I thought that UEFA reduced the number from 8 to 5 to make things easier for us i.e. we only have to include five home grown players if that's all we have but we could name an entire squad of them if we wanted to. So there isn't really a competition between the named 10 for five spots, they are all just in the overall squad competition and we must name at least five of them.
roblues
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:10 pm

roblues wrote:

Isn't this a misinterpretation of the actual ruling? I thought that UEFA reduced the number from 8 to 5 to make things easier for us i.e. we only have to include five home grown players if that's all we have but we could name an entire squad of them if we wanted to. So there isn't really a competition between the named 10 for five spots, they are all just in the overall squad competition and we must name at least five of them.

Err, no?

A reduced squad of 21 was our 'punishment' for 'failing' FFP. Of course, we could choose to fill it with more than 5 homegrown players at the expense of non-homegrown players (a maximum of 16), but that seems highly unlikely.

We are also free to include zero homegrown players, but then we'd be left with a squad of 16 players.
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Postby roblues » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:14 pm

roblues wrote:

Err, no?

A reduced squad of 21 was our 'punishment' for 'failing' FFP. Of course, we could choose to fill it with more than 5 homegrown players at the expense of non-homegrown players (a maximum of 16), but that seems highly unlikely.

We are also free to include zero homegrown players, but then we'd be left with a squad of 16 players.

OK, so essentially you have agreed with me in everything except the 'Err, no' part of your post. Your first post said, and I quote, "Remember, we can only register 5 for the CL squad" and then "That's 10 homegrown players for 5 places". Maybe I misinterpreted what you were trying to say, I thought you meant that we were forced to only register five, but as you say it is "highly unlikely" that we would register more homegrown players. We're on the same page here.

And clearly I am aware that the squad restriction in general was a punishment. My point there was that 21 with 8 homegrown players is more of a punishment than 21 with 5 homegrown players, which is what they adjusted it to in order to help us deal with the punishment.
roblues
Superman's Underpants

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:24 pm

roblues wrote:
roblues wrote:

Err, no?

OK, so essentially you have agreed with me in everything except the 'Err, no' part of your post. Your first post said, and I quote, "Remember, we can only register 5 for the CL squad" and then "That's 10 homegrown players for 5 places". Maybe I misinterpreted what you were trying to say, I thought you meant that we were forced to only register five, but as you say it is "highly unlikely" that we would register more homegrown players. We're on the same page here.

And clearly I am aware that the squad restriction in general was a punishment. My point there was that 21 with 8 homegrown players is more of a punishment than 21 with 5 homegrown players, which is what they adjusted it to in order to help us deal with the punishment.

Sorry, but you are wrong. Read again what I wrote and what you wrote.
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Postby roblues » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:27 pm

Sorry, but you are wrong. Read again what I wrote and what you wrote.

I don't understand what you are saying I am wrong about anymore. I thought you had misinterpreted the rule. You explained further. I agree now that I can see you didn't misinterpret the rule and highlighted why I thought that was your implication. (Maybe you posted before my edit with the last sentence of the first paragraph - whatever, I understand what you were getting at now)
roblues
Superman's Underpants

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:00 pm

Well, yes, technically, we can register any number of homegrown players between 0 and 21.

But let's be honest here, practically it's only 5.

Caballero, Zabaleta, Sagna, Kompany, Demichelis, Kolarov, Fernando, Fernandinho, Touré, Silva, Navas, Nasri, Agüero, Jovetić, Džeko, Negredo.

You'd be hard pressed to exclude any of those and that's even without further arrivals (Mangala).
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Postby roblues » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:07 pm

I Just Blue Myself wrote:Well, yes, technically, we can register any number of homegrown players between 0 and 21.

But let's be honest here, practically it's only 5.

Caballero, Zabaleta, Sagna, Kompany, Demichelis, Kolarov, Fernando, Fernandinho, Touré, Silva, Navas, Nasri, Agüero, Jovetić, Džeko, Negredo.

You'd be hard pressed to exclude any of those and that's even without further arrivals (Mangala).

Agreed, this already has Javi and Nasty as outsiders too.

Am I right in thinking there is a second registration period where we can tweak the squad assuming we make the knockout rounds? I just wonder if leaving Negredo out is something the club are looking at in light of his current injury status.

On Lampard, his main aim for the next six months is to stay fit, so I don't think it will kill him if he isn't included in the CL squad.
roblues
Superman's Underpants

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:21 pm

For all matches from the start of the round of 16, a club may register a maximum of three new eligible players for the remaining matches in the current competition. Such registration must be completed by 3 February 2 015 (24:00 CET) at the latest. This deadline cannot be extended.

Leaving Negredo out for the group stage is certainly a possibility. No worries re Nasti, he can be placed on the B list.

A player may be registered on List B if he is born on or after 1 January 1993 and has been eligible to play for the club concerned for any uninterrupted period of two years since his 15th birthday by the time he is registered with UEFA. Players aged 16 may be registered on List B if they have been registered with the participating club for the previous two years without interruption.

http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Dow ... WNLOAD.pdf
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Slim » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:15 pm

Last two seasons we've named Johansen as our 3rd keeper as he is B list, I don't think Richards, Guidetti, Rodwell and Sinclair will be named. Obviously Pellers has a thing for Boyata but I'm not sure if he's putting him in the shop window or not. So Hart, Clichy, Boyata, Milner and Lampard.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby blues2win » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:36 pm

Pellegrini confirms Lampard joining for a 6 month loan period on Wednesday.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby nottsblue » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:37 pm

Agreed 6 months loan and will join up with squad on Wednesday. A good thing for my money
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Green & Blue » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:48 pm

Good stuff.Got a feeling this will get under the skin of many opposition fans.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:23 pm

Can he play centre half ?

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:25 pm

amazing bit of short term business (zero ffp impact)
the group structure pays off early dividends
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum