Fridays B****x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Fridays B****x

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:05 am

Two days on and City’s historic friendly against Liverpool at Yankee Stadium is still the talk of the town.

Manuel Pellegrini’s men are back in International Champions Cup action tomorrow night against Olympiakos in Minneapolis but leading New York circular, NY Daily News, is still examining the impact of Wednesday night’s match on football enthusiasts in the city. Especially as far as City’s sister club NYCFC is concerned.
With City Football Group breaking new sporting ground in launching the first MLS team to play in the five boroughs, sports reporter Justin Tasch ponders just how successful NYCFC will be in drawing a crowd to the Yankee Stadium for the big kick-off in 2015.
“Behind the right-center (sic) field bleachers Wednesday in Yankee Stadium, where the Bleacher Creatures normally patrol and perform their roll call at the start of Yankees games, a sky-blue banner with white lettering said "Welcome to the home of New York City FC.”,” Tasch writes.
“When Manchester City played here a year ago against Chelsea, NYCFC had just been announced. This time the expansion MLS club is less than a year from beginning competition and has grabbed headlines with the superstar signings of David Villa and Frank Lampard.
...NY Daily News...
“The buzz for NYCFC is palpable, and local fans are buying in.
“Michael King, a 43-year-old Man City fan from Neptune, N.J., said he was a Red Bulls fan but is switching his allegiance.
“"Because I'm a Man City fan and I'm a Yankees fan," said King, who took his wife Heidi to Wednesday's match. "The fact that my Premier League club is buying an MLS team, I'm switching. I've already bought the gear."”
According to the Washington Post, more people attended the game on Wednesday than have been present at any New York Yankees baseball game this season, so the hunger for top level football in the Bronx looks like it’s there!

Meanwhile, there are quotes attributed to James Milner across many of the newspapers you’re waking up to.
The England international has allegedly told journalists that he wants to extend his deal at City… so long as he gets game time in the upcoming season.
“It’s a great club to be at,” Milner is quoted as saying in the Independent. “I enjoy every minute and winning trophies. But you do want to play as much as you can. The more I can play [then] that’s better for myself.
“Basically I want to be here as long as I’m playing. I love it here and hopefully I can be here for a long time to come.
...James Milner...
“I played a fair amount last year – maybe not as many [games] in the league as I would have liked, but I felt I contributed to the trophies I won.
“At the end of the season [if] you win trophies and you haven’t played as much as you wanted it can be frustrating. But that wasn’t the case last year.”

Elsewhere back on these shores, Aston Villa boss Paul Lambert is reportedly keeping a close eye on Scott Sinclair’s excellent pre-season form.
The former Swansea winger has caught the eye with a string of fine performances ‘twixt Scotland and USA, leaving The Sun to speculate that Villa could make a move.

“Aston Villa are ready to make a move for Scott Sinclair,” the story reads.
“Boss Paul Lambert is looking for a winger and wants Chelsea's Victor Moses on loan. But, if he misses out on Moses, Lambert will turn to Manchester City's Sinclair, 25, who is available for £3m.”

Arsenal have been told transfer target Juan Quintero, 21, will only be allowed to leave Porto if the Colombian midfielder's £32m release clause is activated. Daily Express

Manchester United are closing in on a £20m move for Germany World Cup winner Mats Hummels, 25, with Borussia Dortmund hoping to replace the defender with Liverpool's 21-year-old Tiago Ilori in a loan deal. Daily Mirror

Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis has confirmed the Italian club's interest in Manchester United midfielder Marouane Fellaini, 26, although he is not the only name on his list. Daily Telegraph

Liverpool are eyeing a double deal for Spanish defenders Alberto Moreno, 22, of Sevilla and Javier Manquillo, 20, of Atletico Madrid. Daily Star
West Ham have held contract talks with unattached former Chelsea striker Samuel Eto'o, 33, and are also considering a move for Besiktas's 30-year-old forward Hugo Almeida. Times (subscription required)

Atletico Madrid coach Diego Simeone is ready to bid £14m for Manchester United midfielder Shinji Kagawa, 25, having already enquired about the availability of the Japan international. Daily Express

QPR have turned their attentions to 29-year-old Marseille midfielder Morgan Amalfitano, who ended last season on loan at West Brom. Their bid to sign Iceland striker Kolbeinn Sigthorsson, 24, from Ajax has stalled over personal terms. Daily Mail

Manchester City midfielder James Milner, 28, is keeping the club waiting over signing his new contract as he weighs up his future at the Premier League champions. Independent

West Brom are keen to sign Switzerland striker Haris Seferovic, 22, from Real Sociedad. Sun (subscription required)

Middlesbrough want to take Aston Villa full-back Matt Lowton, 25, on loan, while they have agreed a deal with Real Mallorca forward Emilio Nsue, 24. Daily Mail

Sunderland manager Gus Poyet says striker Connor Wickham, 21, could be sold if he does not sign a new contract. Sunderland Echo

Manchester United's Dutch manager Louis van Gaal, 62, has had HD cameras installed at the club's Carrington complex so he can analyse every detail of training. Daily Mirror

United defender Jonny Evans, 26, says the cameras are already being used on the club's tour of the United States: "The manager is saying: 'You should be five yards to the right.' We went though a video last night and I was 10 yards out." Daily Mail

Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert says he fully trusts Roy Keane and insists his new assistant manager is not a touchline bully. Daily Mirror

Reflecting on his Everton career ahead of his testimonial on Sunday, midfielder Leon Osman, 33, says it took time for his technical ability to be recognised. Guardian

Stoke boss Mark Hughes is hoping to get the best out of new signing Bojan Krkic by urging team-mates and fans to throw a caring arm around the 23-year-old forward. Daily Star

Chelsea goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois, 22, who is back at the club after spending three years on loan with Atletico Madrid, says he wants to learn from Petr Cech as the duo begin their battle for the number one spot. Daily Mail

Manchester United defender Jonny Evans believes this is a key time in his career as he looks to step up as the senior centre-back following the exits of Rio Ferdinand and Nemanja Vidic. Guardian

Now why doesn't this one surprise us!!
Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has placed a special You'll Never Walk Alone wreath at the 9/11 memorial site in New York during the club's pre-season tour. Liverpool Echo

BEST OF SOCIAL MEDIA
Cultural Leonesa wear their tuxedo kit
The photo of Cultural Leonesa wearing their tuxedo kit was posted on Twitter
Spanish football club Cultural Leonesa caused a stir on Twitter after posing for their 2014-15 Segunda Division B team photo in their new tuxedo-inspired kit.

Arsenal midfielder Mesut Ozil, 25, took time out from Arsenal's tour of the USA to practise a bit of basketball with Chicago Bulls point guard Derrick Rose, as he revealed on Twitter.

Norwegian minnows FL Fart have been left about £375,000 (4m krone) after 91-year-old fan Erling Andreassen left his possessions - including his property - to his boyhood club. Ha (in Norwegian)

Spoiler: Show/Hide
Spoilbox
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: Fridays B****x

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:16 am

It's quite interesting that Butthead von ScumGoul is having HD camera's fitted at the Manure's training ground.

He obviously wants to keep an eye on Giggs and to see what he's getting up to and who he is getting up to it with (apologies for terrible syntax).
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:21 am

It looks as though the Scum are still determined to sign Hummels and won't stop until they've succeeded.

At this rate though, if the price quoted each time they make another attempt keeps going down (now down to £20 million), Dortmund will be giving him away for nothing when the deal is finalised.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:34 am

ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:47 am

In response to the conundrum - from the wind changing whilst sucking dick.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:42 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:another fucking wreath!?

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... er-7546085

Biggest seller in the souvenir shop: 'Liverpool FC Official Wreath'. 'Commemorate any tragedy recent or ancient by getting in there with your Official LFC Wreath'. 'Remember, LFC wreaths can only be bought from the offical Liverpool FC club shop & not outside cemeterys, hospitals, Old Trafford or other scenes of actual or impending tragedy '.

They leave so many of these fucking things lying around it's going to cause an accident one of these days..
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:56 am

FL Fart?

Amazing.
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:03 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:FL Fart?

Amazing.

Speed.

A speed bump over there is called 'fartsdemper'.

You see 'fart' quite a lot on signposts & I still smile childishly each time. Bit pathetic really but it still happens.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby South Stand Balti » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:31 pm

Jonny Evans admitting to being "10 yards" out of position. Sounds like Jonny is improving. Great pics by the way.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:37 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:another fucking wreath!?

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... er-7546085

Biggest seller in the souvenir shop: 'Liverpool FC Official Wreath'. 'Commemorate any tragedy recent or ancient by getting in there with your Official LFC Wreath'. 'Remember, LFC wreaths can only be bought from the offical Liverpool FC club shop & not outside cemeterys, hospitals, Old Trafford or other scenes of actual or impending tragedy '.

They leave so many of these fucking things lying around it's going to cause an accident one of these days..

Would these wreaths be made out of plastic ??

If so, they could be re-used, whenever required, at a moment's notice.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Sideshow Bob » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:28 pm

surely those lips have been p-chopped?!? frightening.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Slim » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:43 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:FL Fart?

Amazing.

Much better place to be than FL Followthrough.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:08 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:surely those lips have been p-chopped?!? frightening.

sadly, that blowjob she gave on film was one of the weaker efforts i've ever seen, so she likely does need some help in this area. I am not convinced, however, that she's really moving in the right direction. I would, as challenging as it might be, allow for the opportunity to judge that personally to understand how to help her improve on this critical skillset of which so many in the world seem to take for granted or underestimate the import to one's true happiness and well being.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby nottsblue » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:03 pm

Re the wag

Lets be fair. How many amongst us in our heart of hearts would say no? Those that say they wouldn't are lying a little bit.

The dippers are just shameless. They make my blood boil more so even than the rags. They are despicable. That comment from Gerrard that Suarez was too good for Arsenal was appalling, yet went unmentioned by the media. Sums up the club really, classless to a man.
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:15 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:surely those lips have been p-chopped?!? frightening.

sadly, that blowjob she gave on film was one of the weaker efforts i've ever seen, so she likely does need some help in this area. I am not convinced, however, that she's really moving in the right direction. I would, as challenging as it might be, allow for the opportunity to judge that personally to understand how to help her improve on this critical skillset of which so many in the world seem to take for granted or underestimate the import to one's true happiness and well being.

cheers

That's a deep insight Doomie; in fact you quite reminded me of Gilbert's lines from 'Patience' :-

"If this young man expresses himself in terms too deep for me,
Then what a remarkably deep young man, this deep young man must be".

Mind you, it might not be saying much after all, as I'm just shallow and superficial.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:25 pm

Great effort, Wonderwall. Is there anything lower than a scouser with a wreath?
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby South Stand Balti » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:21 pm

nottsblue wrote:Re the wag

Lets be fair. How many amongst us in our heart of hearts would say no? Those that say they wouldn't are lying a little bit.

The dippers are just shameless. They make my blood boil more so even than the rags. They are despicable. That comment from Gerrard that Suarez was too good for Arsenal was appalling, yet went unmentioned by the media. Sums up the club really, classless to a man.

The wag is a definite yes from me....,,a defo yes please. As for the Dippers, I have always disliked them far more than the Rags.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Return to The Maine Football forum