Caballero V Hart

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Caballero V Hart

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:11 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Great game tonight credit where it is due.

I thought he made a couple of decent saves, then dropped one & came & flapped at two crosses, one of which resulted in the ball hitting Fernandiho on the arm & could have been given as a pen.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:24 pm

A night when he was far to busy agreed he missed a cross or two he saved us from a mullering. Yaya and Nasri had mares by comparison.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby MilnersJaw » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:35 pm

Tonight made me realise Joe is good at reacting At shots that don't require thinking time. When he has time to make decisions like when a player is running with the ball and can only shoot one way (like welshites goal) he is hopeless.
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silver

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:35 pm

Hazy2 wrote:A night when he was far to busy agreed he missed a cross or two he saved us from a mullering. Yaya and Nasri had mares by comparison.

Would you expect many of their efforts to end in goals though, if say Stoke or Hull's keeper was in nets ?

The save from Muller was a very good reaction save but had he let any of the others in, I would say it would go down as a bad error.

He did his job, more or less, but it was hardly a terribly difficult one imo.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby phips » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:31 am

he did well today but some of the saves he had to make were following his stupid mistakes
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Avalon » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:20 am

He made excellent saves. He also dropped a couple of big ones which then led to him redeeming himself by saving the followup.

I'd say he actually had a good game, despite those errors.
Avalon
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: City

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:30 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:A night when he was far to busy agreed he missed a cross or two he saved us from a mullering. Yaya and Nasri had mares by comparison.

Would you expect many of their efforts to end in goals though, if say Stoke or Hull's keeper was in nets ?

The save from Muller was a very good reaction save but had he let any of the others in, I would say it would go down as a bad error.

He did his job, more or less, but it was hardly a terribly difficult one imo.

He had a great game, knit picking can be saved for another time, as I said if you want to talk about the team performance fine, you will have plenty of players who did nothing but stroll around. he did his job as far as I could see.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:41 am

I just find Joe to be a puzzle.

In spite of, or even because of, the way he performed last night, I still don't know whether, or not, he is THE goalkeeper for us.

I'd like to think he was, but I'm still not sure. Perhaps he's better when he is kept continuously busy in a game, rather than someone who is called upon less frequently, or perhaps he is just a little too inconsistent for comfort.

I really don't know.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Tokyo Blue » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:27 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:I just find Joe to be a puzzle.

In spite of, or even because of, the way he performed last night, I still don't know whether, or not, he is THE goalkeeper for us.

I'd like to think he was, but I'm still not sure. Perhaps he's better when he is kept continuously busy in a game, rather than someone who is called upon less frequently, or perhaps he is just a little too inconsistent for comfort.

I really don't know.

Most goalkeepers are. Any goalkeeper who has so little to do is going to make an error or two. it is hard to keep concentration when you are out of the game for tens of minutes at a time.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Sideshow Bob » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:56 pm

i'll admit I'm not hart's biggest fan, but now I see that he's already moaning to the press about pelle's rotation policy?? ffs just shut the fuck up and appreciate the fact that you've gotten far more chances than you've probably earned. for me, joe's biggest flaw is the fact that he can't see his own flaws. willy is MILES ahead of him in distribution, which is vitally impt to the way we play. joe hasn't improved in this aspect at all - and apparently he doesn't even practice it.

The 27-year-old had enjoyed a run of 123 consecutive league appearances over four years before Pellegrini dropped him last autumn for two months. With Caballero, Pellegrini’s No1 when in charge at Málaga, providing serious competition, Hart does not find any positives in being left out.

“It’s hard for me to see it that way,” he said. “I’m sure that when I retire from football in many years to come I’ll see them but right now I’m not going to see positives.”
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Dameerto » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:03 pm

Trust Hart to kick off rather than throwing a fit, typical.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:09 pm

Dameerto wrote:Trust Hart to kick off rather than throwing a fit, typical.

In the versions read it just came across as the usual 'all players want to play every game' stuff tbh; he took being left out last year well and I didn't see anything wrong in the comments I saw reported this time.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Sideshow Bob » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:32 pm

I see what you did there.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:44 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:i'll admit I'm not hart's biggest fan, but now I see that he's already moaning to the press about pelle's rotation policy?? ffs just shut the fuck up and appreciate the fact that you've gotten far more chances than you've probably earned. for me, joe's biggest flaw is the fact that he can't see his own flaws. willy is MILES ahead of him in distribution, which is vitally impt to the way we play. joe hasn't improved in this aspect at all - and apparently he doesn't even practice it.

The 27-year-old had enjoyed a run of 123 consecutive league appearances over four years before Pellegrini dropped him last autumn for two months. With Caballero, Pellegrini’s No1 when in charge at Málaga, providing serious competition, Hart does not find any positives in being left out.

“It’s hard for me to see it that way,” he said. “I’m sure that when I retire from football in many years to come I’ll see them but right now I’m not going to see positives.”

It's hard for him to see it WHAT way? A bit of context would be nice.

I take it this is from the press conference where he was sat beside Pellegrini?

How do you know he doesn't practice his distribution? And if he doesn't then who's fault is that?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Sideshow Bob » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:38 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:How do you know he doesn't practice his distribution? And if he doesn't then who's fault is that?

can't say for sure he doesn't practice, but I believe doug mentioned that he had never seen it. who's fault if he doesn't? his own imo.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:42 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:How do you know he doesn't practice his distribution? And if he doesn't then who's fault is that?

can't say for sure he doesn't practice, but I believe doug mentioned that he had never seen it. who's fault if he doesn't? his own imo.

His own? So nothing to do with the coaching?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Sideshow Bob » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:47 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:

my point was that he should recognize his flaws and work on them. I doubt he's forbidden from doing so.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:51 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:

my point was that he should recognize his flaws and work on them. I doubt he's forbidden from doing so.

Of course he's not being forbidden but it's as much the coaching staff's responsibilty to work on his areas of weakness as it is his.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby nottsblue » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:45 pm

Nice. Like a lot
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:47 pm

Nice slip ffs!
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum