Caballero V Hart

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Caballero V Hart

Postby bayblue » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:22 pm

Caballero looked not too bad today but I hope it's Joe that starts next week.
bayblue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:11 am

I don't like it when Hart is judged on his performance in a single game and I don't think Willy should be either. As far as I'm concerned the position's still not decided. I hope it'd decided on Sunday though and regardless of who gets it, we need stability for the sake of the team and the keeper who starts, regardless if there are mistakes in the first games.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:24 am

What annoys me is that if Hart had been playing yesterday and conceded three the usual suspects would be on here telling us how he had cost us the game.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:28 am

What annoys me is that if Hart had been playing yesterday and conceded three the usual suspects would be on here telling us how he had cost us the game.

Yep, no doubt. The gap between the inner post at the second goal (although the shot went to the other corner so that hole wasn't exposed) or the positioning of the third. But we know that would be inconsequential knitpicking. The second goal was a defensive error on behalf of the defence and the third was a brilliant shot. It is what it is.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:47 am

Get Hart back in the team for Newcastle,Willy has been great but i still prefer Hart in 'real' games.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby blues2win » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:09 am

I don't think Willy should be dropped. He wasn't at fault for any of the goals. The issue of Hart's poor distribution hasn't gone away nor his poor judgement in coming off his line.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby craigmcfc » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:30 am

ruralblue wrote:
craigmcfc wrote:
ruralblue wrote:
craigmcfc wrote:
Full credit for the restrained reply Andie.

I'm not restrained by anyone except Ms Rural in the dungeon. Now stop being a twat and grow up or fuck off over to the dark side!

Oh. Ok Jim. See you around.

Ha ha! It were the 'five quote rules' governer! !!!! Was meant to quote the other chap Craig! X

Much love x

Always difficult to do "deadpan" on here. I knew you'd catch my drift. Unless there's more WAGs on the dark side and then I'm off!
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:19 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:

Yep, no doubt. The gap between the inner post at the second goal (although the shot went to the other corner so that hole wasn't exposed) or the positioning of the third. But we know that would be inconsequential knitpicking. The second goal was a defensive error on behalf of the defence and the third was a brilliant shot. It is what it is.

Agree about the second but don't think the third was a 'brilliant shot'. Good hit but It was straight down the middle and he should be saving that. Although he did rush out and actually won the ball later on in the game which is promising.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby Moonchesteri » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:52 pm

I have a feeling Hart will start the season but both will feature in the PL. (even without red cards/injuries)
I still trust Hart more than willy.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby phips » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:26 pm

-1 for Joe
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Cit.revenge » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:11 pm

It s crazy that Stoke have better Goalie then us and we spend millions on all place but one that really can make difference
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:46 pm

No excusing that today, that was truly awful from what in truth was a poor shot.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby bobbyspater » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:23 pm

I've at long last and reluctantly given up hoping upon hope that Hart would turn into the really top class keeper essential for a club of City's status, and in truth the signs of what is a real decline in his form have been there for far too long. He has the same weaknesses now as when he became first choice - crosses, poor decision-making when coming off his line, distribution etc, which must raise questions about the quality of coaching he has received, but fundamentally he is not even a good shot-stopper by premier league standards. The strategy of bringing in a keeper allegedly better than Pantillimon to put pressure on Joe does not appear to be working as he has had shaky moments in pretty well every game he has played since coming back from the World Cup. This decline saddens me greatly - he has made a huge contribution to previous successes and I guess we have all got a buzz from his status as England's number one - which I predict will not survive for much longer. The issue for the club is that with the acquisition of Caballerio the club still does not have a world class keeper and I think the point about his opposite number in today' game is very pertinent.
bobbyspater
Carlo Nash's Debut

My favourite player is: James MIlner

Postby MilnersJaw » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:29 pm

Cit.revenge wrote:It s crazy that Stoke have better Goalie then us and we spend millions on all place but one that really can make difference

i think its come to the point he is only still here for the fact that he is english. Maybe we need to be playing at least one english player for the sake of it or for the home grown bullshit.

the thing is, there are no fucking good english players bar milner.
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Silver

Postby sheblue » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:47 pm

Last season loads were calling for panti to be given a shot, and he was but he was not the answer then.
Does anybody really think that after willys performance in the charity shield that he is the answer now?
Thing is both of them are mediocre to average at best.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby nottsblue » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:52 pm

Just seen goal on MotD. Hart at fault for me. Yes the midfield and defence allowed him to run through but that was utter shite from Hart. In a fourth division game you'd be disappointed for your goalie to let that in, let alone Englands no 1. Shame as he had a good game v dippers. He needs to have a good recovery v Arsenal and Munich or Cabellero will get his chance sooner than expected
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby twosips » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:09 pm

sheblue wrote:Last season loads were calling for panti to be given a shot, and he was but he was not the answer then.
Does anybody really think that after willys performance in the charity shield that he is the answer now?

Bit harsh judging Caballero on one friendly game. Willy's won goalkeeper of the year in Spain before and Malaga fans loved him. On current form i'm willing to bet he will be better than Hart.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:52 pm

Look at the team and then look at Hart, not really a perfect fit.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:19 pm

twosips wrote:
sheblue wrote:Last season loads were calling for panti to be given a shot, and he was but he was not the answer then.

Bit harsh judging Caballero on one friendly game. Willy's won goalkeeper of the year in Spain before and Malaga fans loved him. On current form i'm willing to bet he will be better than Hart.

The same could be said about Hart 3 years ago.
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

Postby hartfordsheartbeat » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:44 am

Sadly Joe has let us all down again. He had one thing to do all game and he failed. if he wasn't playing for us he wouldn't be Englands first choice either. Pellers dropped him before and i expect he will again too !
hartfordsheartbeat

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum