Caballero V Hart

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Caballero V Hart

Postby john@staustell » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:03 am

Hart against Olympiacos:

Distribution awful. Another Kamikaze charge with the judgement of a bull elephant.

"Nasty old City drop England number 1"
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:19 am

john@staustell wrote:Hart against Olympiacos:

Distribution awful. Another Kamikaze charge with the judgement of a bull elephant.

"Nasty old City drop England number 1"

Poor judgement on their second goal but apart from one poor kick out when he gave it straight to the opposition his distribution was good, released it quickly and accurately.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:25 am

Poor judgement on their second goal but apart from one poor kick out when he gave it straight to the opposition his distribution was good, released it quickly and accurately.

One wrong pass, how dare he!
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:41 am

Why does he keep rushing out his goal? He is possibly one of the worst keepers I have seen at that, his timing and judgement are awful and have cost us many goals in the past. How many times does he need to rush out and fuck up before he stops doing it?
Stay on your fucking line Joe. He's a world class shot stopper but he's not a sweeper. Never has been and never will be.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:18 am

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:Why does he keep rushing out his goal? He is possibly one of the worst keepers I have seen at that, his timing and judgement are awful and have cost us many goals in the past. How many times does he need to rush out and fuck up before he stops doing it?
Stay on your fucking line Joe. He's a world class shot stopper but he's not a sweeper. Never has been and never will be.

Spot on.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby dazby » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:42 am

Maybe he should be. Maybe it's the City way to always be an outlet, always be available. Could have sworn I've heard that before. Oh that's right. It was from a City keeper who said it's the City way to always be an outlet, always be available.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby john@staustell » Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:34 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:

One wrong pass, how dare he!

Yeah that's just one vital goal given away then against anyone that's any good. Oh and the kamikaze charge goal.

Sure that's perfectly acceptable,keep him in goal because he's English and he's our Joe.

Fuck the trophies he can make as many cock ups as he likes.

Luckily Pellegrini is not so sentimental, Hart will be dropped if he doesn't buck up.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:45 pm

dazby wrote:Maybe he should be. Maybe it's the City way to always be an outlet, always be available. Could have sworn I've heard that before. Oh that's right. It was from a City keeper who said it's the City way to always be an outlet, always be available.
but if we want a sweeper keeper then we must ditch Joe. He's not good enough at it and regularly gives goals away. As I said he's a world class shot stopper and he has far more chance of stopping the shot than he does of making the interception.
Bridge'srightfoot

Postby blues2win » Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:03 pm

Any City keeper these days has to be able to play as a sort of sweeper as well as a shot stopper. Pellegrini wants to play a high line with early pressure on the Oppposition to produce quick turnover. That requires a modern goalkeeper who doesn't just stay on his line. Equally releasing the ball quickly and accurately is crucial if we are to hit teams when they're most vulnerable; at the end of an attack. If Joe can't manage that then Pellegrini now has a serious alternative. And if Willy gets in the team Joe may find it difficult to displace him. Game on. That's the way it should be.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Sideshow Bob » Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:59 pm

Is there really an argument here? Imo pantillimon was a better keeper than joe. And willy is twice the keeper that panti was...
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:12 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:Is there really an argument here? Imo pantillimon was a better keeper than joe. And willy is twice the keeper that panti was...

So you reckon Mancini and subsequently Pellegrini were both wrong to play Hart ahead of Pants? The mind boggles.

Pantillimon has found his level now.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby hartfordsheartbeat » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:14 pm

Caballero Height 1.86 m (6 ft 1 in)
That is my only problem with him. Reminds me of Given in that he's just a bit small for the premier league.
hartfordsheartbeat

Postby Sideshow Bob » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:58 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:Is there really an argument here? Imo pantillimon was a better keeper than joe. And willy is twice the keeper that panti was...

So you reckon Mancini and subsequently Pellegrini were both wrong to play Hart ahead of Pants? The mind boggles.

Do you honestly believe ability and form are the only criteria at play? The mind boggles.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:59 pm

blues2win wrote:Any City keeper these days has to be able to play as a sort of sweeper as well as a shot stopper. Pellegrini wants to play a high line with early pressure on the Oppposition to produce quick turnover. That requires a modern goalkeeper who doesn't just stay on his line. Equally releasing the ball quickly and accurately is crucial if we are to hit teams when they're most vulnerable; at the end of an attack. If Joe can't manage that then Pellegrini now has a serious alternative. And if Willy gets in the team Joe may find it difficult to displace him. Game on. That's the way it should be.

But Joe's timing and decision making when coming out are awful, just awful.
When I watched Neur at the world cup his decision was spot on every time and he ALWAYS got to the ball first.
Joe on the other hand never does when he rushes out and he also CLATTERS INTO HIS OWN DEFENDERS, something Neur never does.
He's done the same for England too on more than one occasion so i'm not sure if it's a city thing rather than a personal one.

If Joe stays on his line he has far more chance of stopping the shot then he does if he rushes out to make the interception.
Bridge'srightfoot

Postby Original Dub » Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:05 pm

hartfordsheartbeat wrote:Caballero Height 1.86 m (6 ft 1 in)
That is my only problem with him. Reminds me of Given in that he's just a bit small for the premier league.

A bit small for the premier league? What difference does the league make, the goal is the same size?
Original Dub

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:15 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

Do you honestly believe ability and form are the only criteria at play? The mind boggles.

You believe they'd play him because he's England's goalkeeper I take it? Have a day off mate.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:14 pm

he'd be 6'2" if he had hair

related, raheem stirlling would be a dwarf if it wasn't for his 'fro....
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby littlebig » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:08 pm

Hart to remain in for the start of the season while WC acclimatises to PL from the sidelines would seem prudent. Unless MP feels strongly enough to throw him in ahead of joe.

That would be a gunk for Joe for which means he'll have to up his game again to oust Willy. Not a bad scenario to have, two quality keepers keeping eachother on their toes.

Still unknown if Willy will meet expectations, he's done the business in Spain yes, but we just don't know how he will settle at City. In that case we fall back on the imperfect but brilliant Joe.

Good luxury for MP to have these tough decisions to make and shows how far we've come to have such strength in depth and long may it continue.
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby nottsblue » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:18 pm

This season could be either the season Hart knuckles down and takes steps to improve his game. Or, this could be his last season with us if Caballero gets a chance and makes the jersey his own.

May the best man win
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:26 pm

Original Dub wrote:

A bit small for the premier league? What difference does the league make, the goal is the same size?

Isn't wingspan more important than height for a keeper?

Willy looks like a pterydactl to me. 2 inches would only matter if we were talking about his willy imho.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum