Caballero V Hart

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Caballero V Hart

Postby phips » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:00 am

MilnersJaw wrote:i think its come to the point he is only still here for the fact that he is english. Maybe we need to be playing at least one english player for the sake of it or for the home grown bullshit.

I'm fully convinced thats it.

Pellegrini is dumping all our english players bar Milner and Hart…and Jimmy will surely leave.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Cit.revenge » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:44 am

MilnersJaw wrote:
Cit.revenge wrote:It s crazy that Stoke have better Goalie then us and we spend millions on all place but one that really can make difference

i think its come to the point he is only still here for the fact that he is english. Maybe we need to be playing at least one english player for the sake of it or for the home grown bullshit.

the thing is, there are no fucking good english players bar milner.

And that is another thing, for me Navas is just to one dimensional player, fast but nothing else , Milner should be always before him for me.Hart is shit and hes shit for long time , In 3 seasons he did not save us points he cost us every season .Yes he make great save sometimes but with blunders it doesn't count . Goalie is the place who can win and lose games by him self like this game show and Chelsea game and Sunderland game and Aston Vila game and i can go on how many fuck ups he had.Buy a fucking keeper.I can name 10 keepers better then him from top of my head and not very expensive to.
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby stadiumcat » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:44 am

Hart is clueless with his distribution, when he does kick most of the time its straight into touch. why does he punch crosses so much? very rarely catches. How many times has he done what he did yesterday? very poor goalkeeping.

Yesterdays game was crying out for a quick break following a Stoke attack, what did we get Hart dancing about with the ball and then roll it to one of the back four!

Give Willie a chance.
stadiumcat
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:32 am

He got beat by a slow, crap shot straight at him. His distribution was awful as per.
Bridge'srightfoot

Supporter of: City

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:52 am

Started kicking & dicking again yesterday.

Very disappointing.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby bayblue » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:15 am

Strikes me that there's a raft of people here who will never be happy with Joe.
For me it'd be crazy to drop him on the basis of yesterday. And where's the evidence that Caballero is any better? Always struck me as odd that he's never got into the Argentine first team squad, and they've never struck me as a team with a huge choice of keepers.
bayblue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby blues2win » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:17 am

What's your view about Hart's distribution Ted? A lot of criticism on the site about dreadful kicking, too slow rolling out and sideways not forwards. That's in addition to his failure to command his penalty area punching all the time instead of catching bad judgement in rushing off his line and proneness to howlers. Quite a charge sheet.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:27 am

bayblue wrote:Strikes me that there's a raft of people here who will never be happy with Joe.
For me it'd be crazy to drop him on the basis of yesterday. And where's the evidence that Caballero is any better? Always struck me as odd that he's never got into the Argentine first team squad, and they've never struck me as a team with a huge choice of keepers.

We all knew his distribution was never the best, nor the command of his area. His saving grace was always that he was a world class shot stopper.
It's hard to say he is even that anymore when he lets in goals like he did yesterday.
Bridge'srightfoot

Supporter of: City

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:31 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Started kicking & dicking again yesterday.

Very disappointing.

I thought the penny had finally dropped watching the game against the Dippers, but it seems it was just a tactical decision made purely for that game. And he looked like a fucking banana yesterday.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby phips » Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:30 am

Manuel Pellegrini has told goalkeeper Joe Hart he can expect to miss games this season as the Manchester City boss manages his squad through four competitions.

Hart lost his place last autumn after a series of errors and was replaced by Costel Pantilimon before returning to enjoy a strong second-half of the season as City won the Premier League title.

But the 27-year-old was partially at fault for Mame Biram Diouf's breakaway winner in Stoke's shock victory at Eastlands a fortnight ago, prompting questions about the possibility of new signing Willy Caballero, who played under Pellegrini at Malaga, making his debut soon.

Pellegrini said: "Of course Willy Caballero can be in any team, he's a very good goalkeeper. In this moment I'm playing Joe Hart but he will have his opportunity soon.

"Willy has a good career behind him. It's important to have competition in every position in the team, not just with Joe Hart and Willy Caballero.

"Replacing Joe Hart with Willy Caballero doesn't make a difference - just as (replacing) Zabaleta with Sagna or Mangala with Demichelis or Dzeko with Aguero, it's exactly the same.

"We need a squad if we want to win something."

However, Pellegrini assured Hart he will not be dropped on the basis of any isolated errors.

"I am not waiting for Joe Hart to make a mistake to change him for Willy Caballero," he added.

"Willy Caballero and Joe Hart know that I'm not waiting for Joe to make a first mistake and take out Joe Hart. Maybe last year Joe didn't start very well but he finished very well."

City face a tough week with a trip to Arsenal on Saturday followed by a midweek Champions League game at Bayern Munich before a visit from Chelsea, but Pellegrini would not be drawn on whether it would mark the start of any goalkeeper rotation.

"I really don't know, we'll see game by game. We'll play against Arsenal and one hour and 15 minutes before kick-off you will know which goalkeeper starts."
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:28 pm

Don't know if Willy is better than Joe Hart or not but if you look at title winning sides over the years & compare the keepers, pretty much all of them had keepers who won & drew them several games per season, with heroic displays, when they were right up against it.

How many such games has Joe Hart won for City & how many times have we looked back afterwards & asked a question ?

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:29 pm

He's beyond shite, Ted.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Sideshow Bob » Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:36 pm

Anyone have hart's ratio of saves to shots on goal?? Would wager its fucking abysmal compared to other keepers in PL.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Original Dub » Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:38 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Don't know if Willy is better than Joe Hart or not but if you look at title winning sides over the years & compare the keepers, pretty much all of them had keepers who won & drew them several games per season, with heroic displays, when they were right up against it.

How many such games has Joe Hart won for City & how many times have we looked back afterwards & asked a question ?

Opening day v spurs a few seasons ago and dortmund away couple of years ago.

Besides that I can't honestly say he was world class.

Great save v everton last season but you're right, he offers more questions these days than answers.
Original Dub

Postby blues2win » Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:39 pm

Poor on the first goal today but can't be blamed for the second.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:46 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Don't know if Willy is better than Joe Hart or not but if you look at title winning sides over the years & compare the keepers, pretty much all of them had keepers who won & drew them several games per season, with heroic displays, when they were right up against it.

Great save v everton last season but you're right, he offers more questions these days than answers.

Some are not cut & dried real awful stinkers, but it seems that there are question marks against quite a few of the goals we concede, not just from us fans but from ex pros etc.

Then we have the glaring fuckups from last season, which he took part in, even if he wasn't 100% culpable.

I recon if a young Peter Schmeichel had played the last two games for City, we would be 4 points better off.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby nottsblue » Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:48 pm

Original Dub wrote:

If the Answer is Joe Hart, what was the question? Is sure as fuck isn't 'who is the premier leagues best goalie?'
nottsblue

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:42 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

If the Answer is Joe Hart, what was the question? Is sure as fuck isn't 'who is the premier leagues best goalie?'

No. Its:

who's the blonde cunt footballer with dandruff?
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:34 am

It's got to a point with me now that I have little confidence in him saving any semi decent powerful shot on target. Shot stopping used to be his main attribute.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby zuricity » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:40 am

Not sure why Hart thought he had to make a Star shape for Wilshite's goal. He just needed to close up by the near post and stay on his feet.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum