Caballero V Hart

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Caballero V Hart

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:45 am

There's also first half v Tottenham when we eventually won with 5-1. The cracking save against Stoke when we won our first cup in a gazillion years. His second half vs Hodgon's Liverpool at the Etihad a few seasons ago. And so on. Then there's the fantastic save against Liverpool just a few weeks ago which went in thanks to Zabba. Etc.

I agree that the last two seasons has produced less Hart warming moments but I don't know if that's because we're under fire less and less because we increasingly dominate games or solely because he's becoming less and less of the shot stopper he was.

Here are some stats on goalkeepers by the way:

http://www.manchesterlalala.com/best-goalkeepers-premier-league-2013-14/#.VBVw1xbWd8o

I tried to find numbers for Hart where his form before and after he was dropped were compared but couldn't. I don't remember for certain but I do think he was one of the best in saves to shots after he came back from being dropped until the end of the season, don't know though.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:45 am

zuricity wrote:Not sure why Hart thought he had to make a Star shape for Wilshite's goal. He just needed to close up by the near post and stay on his feet.

If he'd stayed up right then Wilshere could've drilled low, best thing to do would be to go down on one knee guarding his front post but that's easy to say from the comfort of the cheap seats. When Wilshere got beyond Clichy so easily Hart had little time to react, tried to charge the ball and make himself big but Wilshere did brilliantly by remaining composed waiting for the keeper to make his move and finished exquisitely.

No mention from anyone of Hart denying a certain goal in the first few minutes when the defence went asleep and he commited himself and got to the cross before the Arsenal player? Thought not, it's not fashionable to give him any credit.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:56 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
zuricity wrote:Not sure why Hart thought he had to make a Star shape for Wilshite's goal. He just needed to close up by the near post and stay on his feet.

If he'd stayed up right then Wilshere could've drilled low, best thing to do would be to go down on one knee guarding his front post but that's easy to say from the comfort of the cheap seats. When Wilshere got beyond Clichy so easily Hart had little time to react, tried to charge the ball and make himself big but Wilshere did brilliantly by remaining composed waiting for the keeper to make his move and finished exquisitely.

No mention from anyone of Hart denying a certain goal in the first few minutes when the defence went asleep and he commited himself and got to the cross before the Arsenal player? Thought not, it's not fashionable to give him any credit.

Hes paid to not let the ball go in the net..why should we focus on what hes paid to do?...Id rather focus on the SHITEEEEE goals hes let in so far.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:44 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Hes paid to not let the ball go in the net..why should we focus on what hes paid to do?...Id rather focus on the SHITEEEEE goals hes let in so far.

Now there's a surprise, Carl wants to focus on the negative, who'd have guessed it?

"so far"? As in this season? Well there's the Stoke goal and ermmmmm....
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:55 pm

Look at out outfield players. Then look at out goalkeeper. There's a huge disparity (in quality).
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby getdressedmctavish » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:28 pm

The difference was that Wilshite waited and lifted the ball, almost unsavable, whereas Dave did neither, costing us 3 points, not Hart.Hart should be judged on merit and there was nothing he could do about those two goals, imoThe Stoke goal was shocking but so were the efforts of a certain midfielder who shall go unnamed.
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Dameerto » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:28 am

You're going to end up looking a tit if you insist on being this biased about Fernandinho.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:41 am

Yeah could you stop bringing him up!!??
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:29 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Now there's a surprise, Carl wants to focus on the negative, who'd have guessed it?

The there's last year when he was dropped for letting in shiteeeeeeeeeee goals and ermmmmmmmmmm!!

So far , he has cost us in the stoke game and the goal chicken breast scored the other day was woeful goalkeeping....yes, only a few games into the season and I'm worried already...so is Hart , as he hasn't signed a contract extension yet due to him wondering if he will be dropped again.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:35 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

I don't think Carl is being negative in the least; I'd say he was being realistic.

He's just made a very valid point which is most difficult to argue against.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:05 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

I don't think Carl is being negative in the least; I'd say he was being realistic.

What point has he made? That we shouldn't focus on the positive at all? You think that's difficult to argue against? Really??!!!

Let's do the same for the rest of our players so eh? Just focus on the negative and forget the positive stuff they're paid to do, makes a lot of sense that.

Perhaps you could tell me what these shite goals are too?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:08 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Id like nothing better than to see Hart play well on a consistent basis but these daft goals he's letting in is not the sign of a true top goal keeper.

Saying that , I wouldn't drop him from the Munich match. If he fucks up in that then Pelle has a decision to make. He has said that one error will not see him being dropped, for me its now 2 errors in 2 matches.

Lets see and hope he plays a blinder.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:35 am

To re-iterate the patently obvious, the goalkeeping position is different from any other on the pitch, with far different requirements than for any other player.

In the final analysis, a 'keeper is there to CONSISTENTLY make saves - full stop; that's his ultimate job and if he doesn't make them then it's perfectly reasonable to look objectively at his performances and to what extent they are affecting the team. Whether, or not, his distribution is deemed to be suspect is an issue which might be tolerated (or not) but, at the end of the day, confidence in him consistently making saves and stopping shots (and, therefore, doing his job) is the single, overriding factor by which he will be judged and by which he could be perceived as becoming a liability.

It really is a death or glory position like no other.

It would be interesting to know, though we never will, if, in the back of their collective minds, our defenders now fully 'trust' Joe Hart, to the extent they might once have.

Perhaps it would be interesting to have a poll on this forum, as to whether, or not, we all still trust and believe in Joe Hart.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:50 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:To re-iterate the patently obvious, the goalkeeping position is different from any other on the pitch, with far different requirements than for any other player.

In the final analysis, a 'keeper is there to CONSISTENTLY make saves - full stop; that's his ultimate job and if he doesn't make them then it's perfectly reasonable to look objectively at his performances and to what extent they are affecting the team. Whether, or not, his distribution is deemed to be suspect is an issue which might be tolerated (or not) but, at the end of the day, confidence in him consistently making saves and stopping shots (and, therefore, doing his job) is the single, overriding factor by which he will be judged and by which he could be perceived as becoming a liability.

It would be interesting to know, though we never will, if, in the back of their collective minds, our defenders now fully 'trust' Joe Hart, to the extent they might once have.

Perhaps it would be interesting to have a poll on this forum, as to whether, or not, we all still trust and believe in Joe Hart.

Key word "objectively". That's all I'm looking for, a bit of objectivity, where all aspects of his game are focussed on.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:56 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:To re-iterate the patently obvious, the goalkeeping position is different from any other on the pitch, with far different requirements than for any other player.

Key word "objectively". That's all I'm looking for, a bit of objectivity, where all aspects of his game are focussed on.

He was good the other day ,then he was shit.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:59 am

I am no Hart fan, he did well Saturday, what pissed me of V Stoke was he got done so softly, Saturday was alive to the danger when we lost shape, He does have flaws his thought process baffles me, he throws the ball out of play as he did on Saturday, like a schoolboy,when all around him are screaming slow it down. Which he has to sort out, hard enough away from home and a ref like the cunt we had adding to the pressure at the start of a tough away game. Watch how quick Neuer is to start the game he becomes an outfield player when on the ball, Hart does not have that.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:30 pm

you see top keepers beaten through the legs all the time. It is a difficult position as you are always under scrutiny as a GK makes an error, there is rarely someone there to rescue them. he is being blamed for going to ground to early against Wilshite, for not closing his legs against stoke.... etc.

He is a Top keeper and I like and trust him. However, his distribution always has been and still is shocking.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Sideshow Bob » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:40 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:
Here are some stats on goalkeepers by the way:

http://www.manchesterlalala.com/best-goalkeepers-premier-league-2013-14/#.VBVw1xbWd8o

thank you for posting that link. I'd love to see the hart lickers explain how their golden boy doesn't rank even among the top fucking half of PL keepers in terms of saving shots - something at which he is supposedly WORLD CLASS??? he is rubbish and not nearly good enough for one of the top sides in europe.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:49 pm

Wonderwall wrote:you see top keepers beaten through the legs all the time. It is a difficult position as you are always under scrutiny as a GK makes an error, there is rarely someone there to rescue them. he is being blamed for going to ground to early against Wilshite, for not closing his legs against stoke.... etc.

He is a Top keeper and I like and trust him. However, his distribution always has been and still is shocking.

agreed. wouldn't swap joe for any other keeper in the premier league...
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:51 pm

Every half decent shot on target seems to go past him now.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum