The Rags

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Rags

Postby sheblue » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:54 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:After all the hype we've seen the Rags will definately be a threat. This is the season where decisions go into overdrive for them, I have no doubt whatsoever.

At this stage cant them being a threat to top spot, dont think eel face will have the influence to gain that many 'favourable decisions', but we will see. purely on football terms they would need to make considerable signings to be a real threat, that doesn't seem likely at the moment, and it looks like he is messing their game a bit. chelski and arsenal are way miles ahead of them in the pecking order of threats at the moment.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby bigblue » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:26 pm

Yall should know by now that preseason means less than nothing. They have a smalling/phil jones/cleverly sized black hole of quality in their squad. Massive problems in defence and midfield is still thoroughly lacking. The little scrote rafeal injured and shaw on the sauage rolls. Nani, young, valencia are all getting older and havent had a half decent performance between them in over a year. Shrek and van persie aren't getting any younger either.

While I expect them to do better than last year, winning arse's '4th place trophy' or knicking the Carling Cup is the most they can expect to achieve. And if results go poorly, expect some great public bust-ups between the manager and players.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby City64 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:45 pm

It is plainly obvious the alarm bells are ringing already at the swamp for me . No superstar world class players have signed so far this summer , basically the backbone of the defence has left ( although ageing ) , Tefal head has come up with every excuse going for them to have another shit season and this Woodward bloke seems to be a complete disaster running the show . There is so much work there to be done to stop there decline and Van Gaal arriving late after the World Cup wouldn't have helped the situation , fuck me he has virtually said in the media we have bought a £27 million fat cunt left back ? has he not seen the ugly fat cunt Phil Jones and the ugly fat cunt Shrek ??
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby patrickblue » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:57 pm

Don't mind if they do win a few with tedious 1-0's That's just going to be another slice of their fucking arrogance down the tubes as the "united way" goes the same way as their youth academy.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby blues2win » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:09 pm

Van Gaal is certainly getting his excuses in early. Just like the dippers last season there's no pressure on him at all because he inherited a pile of shite. No pressure oh no no pressure.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Lev Bronstein » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:39 pm

Because they aren't in Europe I would expect them to have a decent season, like the Dippers last year.

LVG getting his excuses in early, if they don't do well it's because the players don't understand his methods. I wonder how long he'll have to trot that one out for?

I suppose this should go in the Media Watch thread or whatever. Yesterday, Tuesday, LVG was quoted along the lines of "I won't be rushed into making panic buys". Average enough, except that 5 Live had it blasted out every half hour as though it was the most important thing anyone had ever said about Football - talk about grovelling sycophants!!
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby mr_nool » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:44 pm

I expect van Penis to turn up for van Ghoul, which he obviously didn't do for Moyes. That alone makes them quite a bit stronger.
On the other hand, I can easily see Shrek fall out with the Dutch kontkop.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby ashton287 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:36 pm

I think shrek isg go ionic to to have another paddy soon under this Lego headed cunt when he is second place to van persie constantly.
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: De jong

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:42 pm

Tesl wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:After all the hype we've seen the Rags will definately be a threat. This is the season where decisions go into overdrive for them, I have no doubt whatsoever.

No but you are the most paranoid football fan ever. So its no suprise you have no doubt.

The media coverage of Van Gaal has been massively way over the top (at least in the papers, I'm in Hong Kong and don't watch much Sky) but they aren't going to get carried up the table by referee's helping them out more.

I don't watch their pre season games obviously, but I'm pleased to hear they look shit.

That's not paranoia mate, I reserve that only for the anti-City stance. However, if you believe that all is fine and dandy with what the Rags get away with then more freedom to you pal ;-)

And have you seen the way it gets at the ref's? Seems a perfect fit for them.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:20 pm

They'll finish 4th, ahead of Liverpool.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby dazby » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:57 pm

Eel face, Lego headed cunt and tefal head. Love it. Is it Beavis or Butthead he looks like?
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby john68 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:31 am

dazby wrote:Eel face, Lego headed cunt and tefal head. Love it. Is it Beavis or Butthead he looks like?

Apparently it's BUTTHEAD.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Blue Blood » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:56 am

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:They'll finish 4th, ahead of Liverpool.

This.

Like Liverpool last year, not having any European games will help them massively. Add a quality RB, CB and CM to the squad before the window shuts and they could give winning it a real go.

No Europe, I stress will be HUGE for them.
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:43 am

Blue Blood wrote:
Bridge'srightfoot wrote:They'll finish 4th, ahead of Liverpool.

This.

Like Liverpool last year, not having any European games will help them massively. Add a quality RB, CB and CM to the squad before the window shuts and they could give winning it a real go.

No Europe, I stress will be HUGE for them.

It might not be quite so huge for their owners and potential sponsors though.

If they do have to spend through the roof to re-build their squad to some extent, this outlay, coupled with less 'Euro-Revenue', might mean there is less cash available to syphon out of the Club.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby bayblue » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:52 am

I might be in a minority here but I think they will be a threat this year. I'm sure they will bring a couple of extra players in and whilst they might take a while to assimilate Van Gaal is too good a manager, and United too rich a club, not to be up there and threatening.
bayblue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:04 pm

They will be better this year. Simply having a plan, which Van Gaal has, will mean they beat average teams at home, where they failed under dear old Moysie. Unless they make some more top class signings quickly though, I can't see them matching us and Chelsea. Battle between rags, arse and Brenda for 3rd I think.

God I miss Moysie.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:34 pm

Twats'!

Feels so great to be so childish.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Slim » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:09 am

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:They will be better this year. Simply having a plan, which Van Gaal has, will mean they beat average teams at home, where they failed under dear old Moysie. Unless they make some more top class signings quickly though, I can't see them matching us and Chelsea. Battle between rags, arse and Brenda for 3rd I think.

God I miss Moysie.

+1 although I think arsenal will get 3rd.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PrezIke » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:12 am

vidal for £60 won't hurt them on the pitch either. they still need more this season to win though...and i don't think they expect to.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby sheblue » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:28 am

Arsenal and Chelsea are stronger this season. Pelligrini has a season under his belt, good pre-season, a more settled set up and with the additional signings we SHOULD be better.
So that's the top three places nailed down in what ever order you like.
That leaves fourth and finishing above the best of the rest, will not be easy for them.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum