The Rags

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

The Rags

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:25 am

Like Prestwich hospital mental patients, trying to re enact Holland from the World Cup.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Re: The Rags

Postby twosips » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:16 am

Nani and Zaha as a forward pairing is an exceptionally shit concept.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby twosips » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:30 am

I can see this 3-5-2 stuff flopping big time. Teams will just get behind the ball and shut them out. They've basically more or less written off the one thing they'd been consistently good at over the years (which we've overtaken them at) in getting to the byline and pulling it back. Wing-backs won't do that anywhere near as well. Can see them putting far too much emphasis on playing it through the middle and it being a bit stagnant tbh.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:33 am

Shaw will trailblaze down the left. This latest academy product will shock the prem. As long as he doesnt nibble at wooneys pork pie stash pre-season and fall out with the manager and be publically humiliated oh wait...
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:49 am

Bianchi on Ice wrote:Shaw will trailblaze down the left. This latest academy product will shock the prem. As long as he doesnt nibble at wooneys pork pie stash pre-season and fall out with the manager and be publically humiliated oh wait...

'He agreed with me'.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:56 am

Anybody know what score it was? After the last 2 games they had a full page spread on the Beeb and many other outlets. This time there seems to be no mention, was it because of the late KO?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:05 am

Beefymcfc wrote:Anybody know what score it was? After the last 2 games they had a full page spread on the Beeb and many other outlets. This time there seems to be no mention, was it because of the late KO?

0-0. Won on penalties
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Slim » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:12 am

nottsblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Anybody know what score it was? After the last 2 games they had a full page spread on the Beeb and many other outlets. This time there seems to be no mention, was it because of the late KO?

0-0. Won on penalties

Did he sub Shaw on as the goalie for the shootout?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:04 am

Slim wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

0-0. Won on penalties

Did he sub Shaw on as the goalie for the shootout?

Masterstroke.

To be fair though, he does look like he's had a few strokes in his day.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:05 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
Bianchi on Ice wrote:Shaw will trailblaze down the left. This latest academy product will shock the prem. As long as he doesnt nibble at wooneys pork pie stash pre-season and fall out with the manager and be publically humiliated oh wait...

'He agreed with me'.

he's building up a long list of excuses
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:25 am

Headlines headlines LVG LVG is all we hear about , even though they quietened down a little after not beating Inter last night (penalties don't count) but make no mistake the scum will be a threat this coming season and especially so if they buy one or 2 decent defenders.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:00 am

They may well be a threat, but not playing like this they won't.

They are playing exactly like Holland did, but a much shittier version. It may work to stifle teams who are trying to play against them IF they sort out the defence, but, like Holland, they are barely registering a shot. The last game I saw, they were completely outplayed first half by a totally inept Roma, who should have been well in front, then Rooney smashed one in from 25 yards out of nothing, they hit a long ball which Mata scored from (again like Holland) & got a pen due to shocking defending. All this about 5 mins before half time.

Then Roma brought on some of their first team & dicked them 2nd half scoring 2 & missing plenty. Last night, Inter first half were nowhere near Championship standard in possession but had few problems keeping out the rags at the other end. I couldn't stand to watch any more of it, as the football was so fucking boring (again like Holland in the World Cup).

What Ferguson did, was find a way of getting 3 points from games where they struggled. I can't imagine how this guy can do that playing in this fashion. If he can't, they will struggle to match last season's position. Draws are no use in the Prem. Plus, rags' fans will hate it.

They have what should be a comfortable start, but they are headed for disaster unless they change it, start attacking & also sign some players imo.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:04 am

They definitely need to strengthen that defence but I can see this drab style being effective for them, they'll grind out results, boring everyone to tears along the way. Much like Chelsea.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:22 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:They definitely need to strengthen that defence but I can see this drab style being effective for them, they'll grind out results, boring everyone to tears along the way. Much like Chelsea.

Results maybe, but wins ?

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:29 am

If they play 3 at the back from the off then they'll throw away the advantage they've been given by the fixture-list. There is no way on earth he is going to drill this shower of shite into the Holland World Cup team. Could be as much fun watching them this season as last....
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby sheblue » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:30 am

cant see them being a threat, maybe 4th but they need players and it will take eel face a while to get his act together in the prem.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:35 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:They definitely need to strengthen that defence but I can see this drab style being effective for them, they'll grind out results, boring everyone to tears along the way. Much like Chelsea.

Yep, there's still quality in that squad, players that can score from half chances and set pieces, I suspect 1-0 to the dirty rag cunts will be a common result next season.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:49 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Yep, there's still quality in that squad, players that can score from half chances and set pieces, I suspect 1-0 to the dirty rag cunts will be a common result next season.

It may well be, but it's a long time since that has worked for anyone over a season in the Premier League. People claim that about Chelsea, but they actually held the record for scoring goals. Lampard regularly got 20+ just from midfield. George Graham was probably the last of the 1-0 managers to be successful.

The '0' bit also relies on Jones, Evans & Smalling keeping it tight at the back, something they are failling to do so far. Barry Horne has made the comment on both games, that many Prem sides would just drop the ball over their heads & take them to the cleaners, the way they have been set up so far.

Lot of work to do imo. Put it this way, if it was City, I'd be shitting it.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:39 pm

After all the hype we've seen the Rags will definately be a threat. This is the season where decisions go into overdrive for them, I have no doubt whatsoever.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Tesl » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:15 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:After all the hype we've seen the Rags will definately be a threat. This is the season where decisions go into overdrive for them, I have no doubt whatsoever.

No but you are the most paranoid football fan ever. So its no suprise you have no doubt.

The media coverage of Van Gaal has been massively way over the top (at least in the papers, I'm in Hong Kong and don't watch much Sky) but they aren't going to get carried up the table by referee's helping them out more.

I don't watch their pre season games obviously, but I'm pleased to hear they look shit.
Tesl
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: City

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum