The Rags

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Rags

Postby Original Dub » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:37 am

Sky are absolutely hilarious pushing the rags' tour of the u.s.

"Football has exploded over here and united are at the core of it" ... showing shops full of rag kits with the owner saying "folks are even coming from outta state... I shook rooney's hand...".

Ps "I think city are also over here somewhere..."
Original Dub

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:44 am

Original Dub wrote:Sky are absolutely hilarious pushing the rags' tour of the u.s.

"Football has exploded over here and united are at the core of it" ... showing shops full of rag kits with the owner saying "folks are even coming from outta state... I shook rooney's hand...".

I'm noticing that LVG seems to be getting a spot after every advert break. Anybody would think that the Rags are Sky Sports.

Edit: Apologies, I got it wrong. After the break they didn't show LVG, they just reminded us that The Rags beat RM, watched by the largest ever crowd in the universe.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:01 am

Original Dub wrote:Sky are absolutely hilarious pushing the rags' tour of the u.s.

Football has spontaneously exploded to such an extent over there because of them that hurricane katrina in comparison was merely someone knocking a bucket of water over...my house is trembling due to the footfall of six fingered americans queing up to have their picture taken with the prem and carling cup trophies
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby john@staustell » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:04 am

They've shamelessly plugged the 7th-place finishers all the way through. I feel an e-mail coming on.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:12 am

john@staustell wrote:They've shamelessly plugged the 7th-place finishers all the way through. I feel an e-mail coming on.

Where is wedders..come on wedders get stuck in
Bianchi on Ice

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:41 pm

john@staustell wrote:They've shamelessly plugged the 7th-place finishers all the way through. I feel an e-mail coming on.

And that's why I told them to fuck right off. If it's not the Rags then it's the Dippers. Last seasons introduction of the new 'Top 7' was absolutely ridiculous and the whole set-up is geared for the few.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:15 pm

I've seen video on there several times of a bunch of Liverpool fans singing YNWA. Fucking why ?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:36 pm

Felcher opening his gob again. I remember last time he did that. A seven goal thriller followed ;)
Bianchi on Ice

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:18 am

Last edited by Bridge'srightfoot on Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bridge'srightfoot

Postby phips » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:49 am

the fuckers haven't lost yet….but their defense looks god awful
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:41 am

Had the misfortune of turning on Sky News only to be met by a gushing fatboy Eamon Holmes.

Sky Sports News not much better but good to see Wedder's keep mentioning their 'pre-season friendly' win.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dameerto » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:01 am

It's been as bad on BBC news - the dick that does the sport keeps talking about their 'first silverware of the season' and how it didn't take Butthead long.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:37 am

Champions Elect beat the People's Champions
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Slim » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:39 am

Dameerto wrote:It's been as bad on BBC news - the dick that does the sport keeps talking about their 'first silverware of the season' and how it didn't take Butthead long.

Yes congratulations on winning the CHAMPIONS trophy, by beating the other CHAMPION side in the competition. Well done CHAMPIONS.

7th is the new 1st, right?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby john@staustell » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:55 am

Beefymcfc wrote:Had the misfortune of turning on Sky News only to be met by a gushing fatboy Eamon Holmes.

Sky Sports News not much better but good to see Wedder's keep mentioning their 'pre-season friendly' win.

Van Ghoul was interviewed for a full 5 minutes on SSN this morning. It's absolutely ridiculous but there's nothing we can do tp stop the cunts with this shameless RAG publicity.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:21 am

I'm glad they won. In a smug annoying cunt contest, Rogers wins by a country mile so far.

Had those cunts won it would be seen as proof they are actually the best team in England, & last season's 2nd place would be a blip. This, imo, is fucking funny because many of those deluded fucks will not of even imagined it possible. I wouldn't have fancied playing the rags on this trip with our shit defence, they could easily cash in, but I bet most of those deluded dipper fuckers thought they would cruise it.

I believe they bossed the game & rags were poor but still won 3-1 which makes it more satisfying seeing as that's what happened the other way round v City. The rags will probably ruin their season, as they are so scared & obsessed by them. Funny.

Back to reality for the scouse champions.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:44 am

Ted Hughes wrote:I'm glad they won. In a smug annoying cunt contest, Rogers wins by a country mile so far.

Had those cunts won it would be seen as proof they are actually the best team in England, & last season's 2nd place would be a blip. This, imo, is fucking funny because many of those deluded fucks will not of even imagined it possible. I wouldn't have fancied playing the rags on this trip with our shit defence, they could easily cash in, but I bet most of those deluded dipper fuckers thought they would cruise it.

I believe they bossed the game & rags were poor but still won 3-1 which makes it more satisfying seeing as that's what happened the other way round v City. The rags will probably ruin their season, as they are so scared & obsessed by them. Funny.

Back to reality for the scouse champions.

Scousampton were much the better side in the first half and should have had another pen but for some reason didn't get it together in the 2nd and the scum scored two lucky goals which basically won the game. I say lucky but really the first one,although a nice finish from shrek, was all down to Mignolet for me. As he switched across his area as the cross went over all he had to do was get his positioning right and he picks up what was little more than a pass back from shrek. Then it was a deflected goal from Mata just after a similar deflection at the other end went just round the post.

Nowt really to worry about from this performance by either team
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby john@staustell » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:47 am

Have to say the refereeing has been shocking out there, good to see the same standard is maintained as last year. I thought Kolarove was going to plant him one when Jovetic got taken out in the midriff and he didn't give a pen.

Luckily Silva left his leg planted for a nice professional one just after.
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:03 pm

john@staustell wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Had the misfortune of turning on Sky News only to be met by a gushing fatboy Eamon Holmes.

Van Ghoul was interviewed for a full 5 minutes on SSN this morning. It's absolutely ridiculous but there's nothing we can do tp stop the cunts with this shameless RAG publicity.

Did I not tell you that I know longer pay for the Rag shit ;-)

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby patrickblue » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:28 pm

john@staustell wrote:

Been on about the Rags on talkshite all day.

What makes me laugh is we've been "moneybags" City for the last few years, but as soon as rags and especially red scouse start spending like there's no tomorrow, all the media suddenly decide it's a good thing.
Tossers the lot of them.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum