The Rags

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Rags

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:55 pm

Slim wrote:One win in two months and the Eel is already talking about the title.

Yep, he's at the right club.

When I heard he'd said that I thought exactly the same thing. It'll end in tears and probably sooner than most think.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby gillie » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:16 am

They scored one decent goal imo the other 3 were flukey or piss poor defending to enable them to score a good team would outscore them by a ratio of 3/1 imo.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby gmercer1 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:57 am

gillie wrote:They scored one decent goal imo the other 3 were flukey or piss poor defending to enable them to score a good team would outscore them by a ratio of 3/1 imo.

No no Gillie, its only against us that teams defending is poor when we score.

Rags goals were world class. The papers even had the cheek to call Di Maria's shot a "defence splitting" pass when he scuffed it straight to Mata who scored.

I really can't wait for them to play a decent team and see what excuses they come out with when they get "trounced"!
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:57 am

If they had hand picked a team & manager to turn up on the day, I'm struggling to think of anyone who could have been a better choice.

Burnley perhaps, but Burnley would have most likely been up for it even if their defenders are poor. A team managed by Harry Redknapp with Rio Ferdinand at centre back. The pre match will have been: ' alright lads I know we can't expect to get anything here, but...'.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:52 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:If they had hand picked a team & manager to turn up on the day, I'm struggling to think of anyone who could have been a better choice.

Burnley perhaps, but Burnley would have most likely been up for it even if their defenders are poor. A team managed by Harry Redknapp with Rio Ferdinand at centre back. The pre match will have been: ' alright lads I know we can't expect to get anything here, but...'.

Ah, that'll be the same Burnley that they failed to beat two weeks (and 100 million pounds) ago. Snigger.

You are absolutely right about QPR. "...but make it look like you give a shit. You'll all get your bonuses whatever the result, wink, wink, twitch, have another brown envelope Rosie..."
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Sideshow Bob » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:44 pm

QPR's shiteness notwithstanding, it pains me to agree with others who thought the rag attack looked good. whether they actually are that good won't matter b/c other clubs will now be scared and more likely to roll over for the cunts.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:45 am

Just wondering what the take was on Butthead's performance since he's took over? This has surely got to be one, if not thee, worse start to a PL season for them and I'm sure even Gollum won a couple of games at the start.

Some new records to go with last seasons all-time lows and I'd be interested to see what the usual Rag rimming media make of it.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Slim » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:01 am

Is that all three promoted teams now and a total of 3 points from them? Stellar work.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:02 am

Beefymcfc wrote:Just wondering what the take was on Butthead's performance since he's took over? This has surely got to be one, if not thee, worse start to a PL season for them and I'm sure even Gollum won a couple of games at the start.

Some new records to go with last seasons all-time lows and I'd be interested to see what the usual Rag rimming media make of it.

I can give you my take, for what little it is worth, chief.

I think he has been fucking marvellous so far. One win in five versus some of the "lesser" teams, losing 4-0 at a third division team in the cup, not to mention 300 million quid* spunked on luxuries they did not need. And the first time they have conceded five goals to Leicester City since 1930, and so close to the 25th anniversary of the Maine Road 5-1 as well, so it is clearly something they enjoy.

Cracking stuff.

They were in the top six this time last season, weren't they?

* poetic licence
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Dameerto » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:08 am

LVG is continuing in the glorious footsteps of Moyes with regards to setting new 'firsts' for the RAGs:-
- Sunday's game according to the Mail saw them throw away a two goal advantage to lose for the first time in their entire Premier League history of 853 matches,
- It is also the first time they have conceded more than three goals to a newly promoted team.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Camebro » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:22 am

ive seen a few of the scum calling de gea, no save dave haha
Camebro
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Current: zabba

Postby zuricity » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:40 am

Got to hand it to them , breaking records every week !

PS.

I think i wrote somewhere last week after their big home win that they would be lucky to get a point at Leicester.

I was wrong.
Last edited by zuricity on Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:41 am

hahahahahaha!!!
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby dick dastardley » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:03 am

Are you agent Moyes in disguise?
Agent butthead please take a bow!!!
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby ruralblue » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:23 am

Slim wrote:Is that all three promoted teams now and a total of 3 points from them? Stellar work.

As oppose to our taking 5 points off the three other main rivals in the league.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:30 am

I like LVG, he is Moyesie with style and a wallet.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby sheblue » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:28 am

cant wait for them to play a top four team, it will be a blood bath....o wait not long now.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:57 am

I think they need to spend more money on players they dont need. Id go for ibrahimovic, could be converted to centre half...if anyone can, van gaastly can, the man is a fucking genius
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby Invisible Man Fan » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:59 am

Just walked past one of the vermin in work.....gave him a cheeky grin and told him that their defence is appalling.

His response, in true Rag fashion, was amazing......"Errrrr how many points have we taken in our last 2 games, and how many have you taken?"

I didn't say owt, just laughed my cock off at him and walked away.

He may be truely deluded and believe that Leicester and QPR are better than Arse and Chelsea, who knows
"If we fire our manager after just one bad season - We'll become Chelsea"
"If we think we can fix the problem by buying expensive players - We'll become City"
"If we remember the good times to entertain us during the bad times - We'll become Liverpool"

So, keep calm and do it the United way

"We invest in young players, That is what we are good at — we’re not like other clubs who can spend fortunes on proven goods. We know that Manchester City are going to pay stupid money, pay silly salaries and all that. We can’t do anything about it. We concentrate on what we can do to try to bring players in for the right reasons. We invest in those who will be with the club for a long time, who will create the character of the club, who will create excitement for our fans. We are very proud of that and we are going to continue that way" - Alex Ferguson 14th May 2012
Invisible Man Fan
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: City!!
My favourite player is: Alan

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:03 am

sheblue wrote:cant wait for them to play a top four team, it will be a blood bath....o wait not long now.

When do they play Arsenal ??

Whinger's men always lie down and die shamefully when faced by the Scum, so that fixture might kick-start their failing season back into life...........or, at least, that will be the media slant on it.

The Scousepool - Scum confrontation(s) might also be a bit interesting.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum