The Rags

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Rags

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:29 am

Looks like a Rag Love-In on SSN, getting in the early news that the last time they had 2 points after 3 games they went on to win the league by 2 points to Chelsea.

Fucking Rag Bitches!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:04 pm

Full infestation at Piccadilly this evening but with the lovely compensation of telling two of them there are no more trains to the Midlands until tomorrow morning. Walked them over to the destination screens saying "let's have a look what there is" I find giving them a moment of false hope particularly satisfying .
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby john@staustell » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:03 am

Beefymcfc wrote:Looks like a Rag Love-In on SSN, getting in the early news that the last time they had 2 points after 3 games they went on to win the league by 2 points to Chelsea.

Fucking Rag Bitches!

I was only expecting one team to walk out on the field. You wouldn't have known QPR were playing the build-up was so ridiculously biased. And then there was Tyler.........................................

“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby gillie » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:08 am

Beefymcfc wrote:Looks like a Rag Love-In on SSN, getting in the early news that the last time they had 2 points after 3 games they went on to win the league by 2 points to Chelsea.

Fucking Rag Bitches!

Yeah but then they had a decent defence this time they have'nt and they will get pummelled by good teams.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Mike J » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:56 am

The media love in is fucking embarrassing. The bias toward them is unbelievable.

No one seems to have taken in to account how completely dreadful QPR were.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby sheblue » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:28 am

look QPR were just awful, amateur defending for most of the game, and terrible defending from the rags too, they look really poor at the back, if i was a rag i would be worried.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:35 pm

Double-Standards Commission To Investigate Manchester United
Posted on Sep 15, 2014 in Features, Main Features, Manchester Utd | 0 comments

The Cutter understands that the Double Standards Commission – the little-known independent public body set up in 2011 after Cheryl Tweedy/Cole/Whatever-Her-Name-Is criticised an X-Factor contestant’s voice as being ‘limited’ – are to investigate Manchester United and all its 659 million supporters on a charge of ‘rank hypocrisy’.

The charge stems from their celebratory reaction to the club spunking the average national debt of a small African nation on six players this summer and smashing all spending records since time began into the bargain.

This follows years of mocking their neighbours and rivals Manchester City for ‘buying success’ and claiming such methods are ‘not the United way’.
“We received a complaint from pretty much every resident of the UK who thinks Ryan Giggs is a despicable human being and it is our duty to follow it up” Dr Dee Ception, the chairwoman of the commission told us.

“We should be clear that the club splurging a million pounds a week in wages on their forward line alone is not the issue here. Nor is the fact that one of them earns £20,000 an hour meaning if he drops twenty quid he’s earned it back by the time he’s stooped to pick it up. The common consensus is that Manchester United was in desperate need of a very expensive overhaul and they have duly broken the bank to achieve this aim”.

“The problem arises from the perception that is being propagated by Reds in relation to this mad sweep through football’s Waitrose. After several seasons of deriding their neighbours for similar – if less extravagant – purchases and referring to those players as ‘mercenaries’ it would be logical to assume the same thinking applied here? Yet we are already seeing clear evidence that these merc…sorry, players – who have joined a 7th placed club for vast amounts of dosh in lieu of Champions League and slightly less vast amounts of dosh – are being packaged as ‘galacticos’. It is here where – like Oscar Pistorius – they don’t have a leg to stand on”.

We asked Dr Ception what defence United have offered in relation to these claims of mind-boggling speciousness that carries the punishment of nationwide guffawing if found guilty.
After initially mishearing us and laughing at the likes of Smalling and Blackett she replied,
“We’ve heard lots of testimony concerning the club’s revenue might – how they have effectively earned the right to s***-spray the market for new personnel. But personally I fail to see how Singapore shirt sales are any more credible a source for expenditure as personal investment as we’ve witnessed down the road”

Playing red devil advocate I then enquired about Manchester United’s famed policy of homegrown development. Doesn’t this counterbalance any accusations of extravagance?
“Ah I’m afraid you’re speaking to the wrong person there” she responded. “You need to get in touch with our colleagues at the Bare Faced Lie Department for that. In the meantime our enquiry continues. So if anybody can tell me why Yaya Toure is a ‘mercenary’ while Falcao is a ‘galatico’ I’d love to hear from them”.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:40 pm

Brilliant....straight on my FB page that's going !!
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby gmercer1 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:50 pm

Rag fans at work are having a wankfest today!

Apparently Rafael was the missing piece of the jigsaw for their defence. He was waiting for him to come back before he went to a flat back 4?

Blind is the best midefielder EVER.
Di Maria is that good his shots are now 'defence splitting passes'.

Crazy
gmercer1

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:50 pm

Really, really hate how they have Di Maria.
Absolute gem of a player and he alone will probably be enough to get them back into the top 4.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby JamieMCFC » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:38 pm

Former United player Rio Ferdinand blasts David Moyes as 'embarrassing'

Rio Ferdinand has lifted the lid on the David Moyes era at Manchester United and described some of the tactics used by the former Old Trafford manager as 'embarrassing', in comments taken from his new book "#2Sides".

Ferdinand returned to Old Trafford on Sunday for the first time since his 12-year stay at the club ended last May, only to see his QPR side beaten 4-0 by a revived United. Yet it was his comments surrounding Moyes that will dominate the agenda after that game.

No United player has spoken out against Moyes in the months since he was sacked as Old Trafford boss, but Ferdinand climbed over that wall of silence with a highly critical assessment of the Scot's tactics during his troubled ten-month reign as the club's manager.

"He tried to impose a vision, but never seemed to be completely clear what that vision should be," writes Ferdinand in his book that is being serialised by the Sun. "Unintentionally, he created a negative vibe where, with Fergie, it had always been positive. He'd slowly lost us. I didn't enjoy playing under him.

"Sometimes our main tactic was the long, high, diagonal cross. It was embarrassing. In one home game against Fulham we had 81 crosses! I was thinking, why are we doing this? Andy Carroll doesn't play for us!

No United player has spoken out against Moyes in the months since he was sacked as Old Trafford boss, but Ferdinand climbed over that wall of silence with a highly critical assessment of the Scot's tactics during his troubled ten-month reign as the club's manager.

"He tried to impose a vision, but never seemed to be completely clear what that vision should be," writes Ferdinand in his book that is being serialised by the Sun. "Unintentionally, he created a negative vibe where, with Fergie, it had always been positive. He'd slowly lost us. I didn't enjoy playing under him.

"Sometimes our main tactic was the long, high, diagonal cross. It was embarrassing. In one home game against Fulham we had 81 crosses! I was thinking, why are we doing this? Andy Carroll doesn't play for us!

"Moyes's innovations led to negativity and confusion. It was always how to stop the other side. Moyes set us up not to lose. We'd been accustomed to playing to win."

Ferdinand also revealed how Moyes dropped him for last season's Champions League quarterfinal clash against Bayern Munich at the Allianz Arena, after the coach told his veteran centre-back in front of his teammates that he was leaving him out because he wanted more pace in his defensive line.

"It killed me," added Ferdinand. "Inside I wanted to scream and grab him. I'm a team player, so I just had to bite my tongue and stand there.

"It was probably the worst single moment I ever had at United. I'd never been dropped for a big game like that - and to drop that on me in front of everybody."

http://www.espnfc.com/barclays-premier- ... barrassing
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby JamieMCFC » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:40 pm

Rio Ferdinand blasts David Moyes for banning chips at Man United

Rio Ferdinand has highlighted a series of mistakes which he believes David Moyes made during his dismal Manchester United tenure -- starting with the banning of chips the night before matches.

The Queens Park Rangers defender, who endured an unhappy return to Old Trafford on Sunday as his side were thrashed 4-0 by his former employers, has discussed what happened during Moyes' turbulent 10 months in charge.

In his autobiography "#2Sides," which is being serialised by The Sun, the 35-year-old centre-back revealed the players were confused by mixed messages from Moyes, frustrated by his mentality and angered by changes in routine, such as the chips being taken away.

He said: "It's not something to go to the barricades over [the chips]. But all the lads were p----- off. And guess what happened after Moyes left and Ryan Giggs took over?

"Moyes has been gone about 20 minutes, we're on the bikes warming up for the first training session and one of the lads says: 'You know what? We've got to get on to Giggsy. We've got to get him to get us our f------ chips back.'"

Ferdinand says he was excited to work with Moyes when he first took over from Sir Alex Ferguson in 2013, but decided it was time to walk away from Old Trafford when he was dropped for United's crunch Champions League clash with Bayern Munich earlier this year.

http://www.espnfc.com/manchester-united ... ter-united
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Sideshow Bob » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:47 pm

JamieMCFC wrote:Rio Ferdinand blasts David Moyes for banning chips at Man United

Rio Ferdinand has highlighted a series of mistakes which he believes David Moyes made during his dismal Manchester United tenure -- starting with the banning of chips the night before matches.

The Queens Park Rangers defender, who endured an unhappy return to Old Trafford on Sunday as his side were thrashed 4-0 by his former employers, has discussed what happened during Moyes' turbulent 10 months in charge.

In his autobiography "#2Sides," which is being serialised by The Sun, the 35-year-old centre-back revealed the players were confused by mixed messages from Moyes, frustrated by his mentality and angered by changes in routine, such as the chips being taken away.

He said: "It's not something to go to the barricades over [the chips]. But all the lads were p----- off. And guess what happened after Moyes left and Ryan Giggs took over?

"Moyes has been gone about 20 minutes, we're on the bikes warming up for the first training session and one of the lads says: 'You know what? We've got to get on to Giggsy. We've got to get him to get us our f------ chips back.'"

Ferdinand says he was excited to work with Moyes when he first took over from Sir Alex Ferguson in 2013, but decided it was time to walk away from Old Trafford when he was dropped for United's crunch Champions League clash with Bayern Munich earlier this year.

http://www.espnfc.com/manchester-united ... ter-united

lol. someone needs to tell camelgob that you never go full retard.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:03 pm

I can't take a book seriously that has a hashtag for a title.
Hutch's Shoulder

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:10 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:I can't take a book seriously that has a hashtag for a title.

I'll wait til december when I'm cutting energy costs and then I'll burn the fucker...if I'm given a copy...or find it somewhere
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:50 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:I can't take a book seriously that has a hashtag for a title.

is the HASH tag a reference to the (missed) drugs (test) ban that he served...

the ferdinands would make great scousers. never their fault, it's never their fault...
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:03 pm

Their attack looks fucking scary. Cunts
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby nottsblue » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:18 pm

london blue 2 wrote:Their attack looks fucking scary. Cunts

But their defence looks shit. Fourth at best for me. Probably 5th or 6th even with a bit of luck
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Slim » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:25 pm

One win in two months and the Eel is already talking about the title.

Yep, he's at the right club.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:26 pm

This is also what I'm clinging on to.

But in all honesty there are not many good defences in this league at the moment. If rags start well they could blow any team away away in 30 mins. Could.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum