The Rags

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Rags

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:45 am

As Beefy posted a little earlier, they'll still be getting all the dubious refereeing decisions going their way, especially penalties from their skillful diving team, which will certainly help the 'Goals For' column no end.

Added to which, Butthead will, by both organisation and numbers, tighten them up further at the back, so they'll also have plenty of [referee assisted] clean sheets to compound matters.

On this basis, they'll grind out loads of victories by the odd goal and be awful to watch, playing their mutated version of anti-football (although no-one in the media will ever raise this as a criticism), but, to my mind, they'll be a points-pinching machine and, sadly, because of this, a threat to all.

Liverpuddle-Scum games especially are going to be akin to trench warfare and not for the faint hearted. For lovers of pure football, they'll be the nightmare scenario 'par excellence', although this might be mitigated by all the injuries which should occur as they kick lumps out of each other.

As to where they will finish, I've no idea except that, horrifyingly, it wouldn't surprise me to see them in the top two or three at the end of the season.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:49 am

Just read that the Glazers are looking to shift another 8% of shares which will net them approx £88 mil. This, coming off the back of the Adidas and Chevy deals looks like they're cashing in while the time is right.

Will the money go in their private pension fund while the costs go to the Rags or will they be investing it back in the team for the betterment of the club?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby City64 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:44 am

Rags are still in crisis , if this season isn't some sort of success it is a long long way back for them . The pressure building up there mustn't be underestimated , it's enormous !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Duckman » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:29 pm

private dick/family man
Duckman
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Silva, Kompany, Yaya

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:37 pm

Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:39 pm

Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:47 pm

Inspirational? Worryingly crazy, I would say[/quote

Phew...

Makes it look as though this particular clown believes that football is more important than either life or death.

How sad.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Dameerto » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:17 pm

City64 wrote:Rags are still in crisis , if this season isn't some sort of success it is a long long way back for them . The pressure building up there mustn't be underestimated , it's enormous !

Not to mention if they spend another season out of Europe their Adidas sponsorship drops by 30%.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby City64 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:56 pm

Dameerto wrote:
City64 wrote:Rags are still in crisis , if this season isn't some sort of success it is a long long way back for them . The pressure building up there mustn't be underestimated , it's enormous !

Not to mention if they spend another season out of Europe their Adidas sponsorship drops by 30%.

Absolutely , they simply HAVE to get into the Champions League as bear minimum .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby City64 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:57 pm

Dameerto wrote:

Absolutely , they simply HAVE to get into the Champions League as bare minimum .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:56 am

Louis van Gaal says he may not sign any more new players after being impressed with Manchester United’s pre-season form.

United face Real Madrid on Saturday having recorded victories over Los Angeles Galaxy, Roma and Inter Milan.

Ander Herrera and Luke Shaw have already joined the club this summer and the Dutchman has been linked with a host of new signings, including Kevin Strootman, Thomas Vermaelen and Mats Hummels.

But Van Gaal has been so impressed with what he has seen from his squad that he says he may not require more reinforcements.

"We still have a month to go (before the transfer window shuts) and we are winning. Maybe we don't need other players," the United manager told a press conference at the Michigan Stadium.

"First I want to see the players who I have and give them an honest chance."
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Original Dub » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:05 am

Pmsl
Original Dub

Postby Slim » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:17 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Louis van Gaal says he may not sign any more new players after being impressed with Manchester United’s pre-season form.

United face Real Madrid on Saturday having recorded victories over Los Angeles Galaxy, Roma and Inter Milan.

Ander Herrera and Luke Shaw have already joined the club this summer and the Dutchman has been linked with a host of new signings, including Kevin Strootman, Thomas Vermaelen and Mats Hummels.

But Van Gaal has been so impressed with what he has seen from his squad that he says he may not require more reinforcements.

"We still have a month to go (before the transfer window shuts) and we are winning. Maybe we don't need other players," the United manager told a press conference at the Michigan Stadium.

That's amateur hour mind games shit.

I want these players but everyone wants to be paid too much, maybe if I say I don't really need them to the press, it will help bring the price down. I'm sure Juve are bricking it in the thoughts they might have to keep hold of Vidal.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:53 am

Slim wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Louis van Gaal says he may not sign any more new players after being impressed with Manchester United’s pre-season form.

I want these players but everyone wants to be paid too much, maybe if I say I don't really need them to the press, it will help bring the price down. I'm sure Juve are bricking it in the thoughts they might have to keep hold of Vidal.

Other possible meanings are;

1) We've run out of money
2) Ed Woodward is so incompetent that I don't think we'll get anyone else
3) No one wants to come

Of course it is just possible that he really has been impressed by Tom Cleverley.
Hutch's Shoulder

Postby Slim » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:02 am

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
Slim wrote:

Other possible meanings are;

1) We've run out of money
2) Ed Woodward is so incompetent that I don't think we'll get anyone else
3) No one wants to come

Of course it is just possible that he really has been impressed by Tom Cleverley.

I think we all knew the second one before they started trying.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby patrickblue » Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:52 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:"We still have a month to go (before the transfer window shuts) and we are winning. Maybe we don't need other players," the United manager told a press conference at the Michigan Stadium.

Didn't agent Moyes say something very similar last time round?
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:12 pm

patrickblue wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:"We still have a month to go (before the transfer window shuts) and we are winning. Maybe we don't need other players," the United manager told a press conference at the Michigan Stadium.

Didn't agent Moyes say something very similar last time round?

He was right :-)
Hutch's Shoulder

Postby Dameerto » Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:13 pm

So now we're past the point where most of the season tickets (that are going to be sold) have been sold we start hearing the first clues that their spending wont be as big as all the previous information indicated - colour me surprised. Add that to the Glazer runts selling 5% of the business recently with rumours of them likely to sell more in the near/mid future...
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:05 am

They are winning the friendlies
Their arrogant twat of a manager is persisting with 3 centre halves
None of whom are good enough
They still havent addressed their weaknesses
..and its not clear if they have the finance to do so
But,
They are winning friendlies, and all is well, so carry on ;)
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby City64 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:26 am

Yep they keep kidding the world with relentless PR and papering over the cracks . Van Pussy reported out for the start of the proper season aswell .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum