The new season

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The new season

Postby Breks » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:44 pm

I can see us being better than last season, as long as we keep the majority of the squad injury free for most of the season.
Breks
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Postby Slim » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:09 pm

Breks wrote:I can see us being better than last season, as long as we keep the majority of the squad injury free for most of the season.

Aguero and Kompany you mean
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:51 am

Slim wrote:
Breks wrote:I can see us being better than last season, as long as we keep the majority of the squad injury free for most of the season.

Aguero and Kompany you mean

Hopefully David Silva as well.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby clippo22 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:13 am

Being champions is what matters most to me! I love the gold badges on the sleeves! A day out at wembley is always great, I really hope we stuff arsenal and start the season well. Not bothered about the champions league at all, the thought of the corruption and dodgy ref decisions gets me pissed off just thinking about it!

Hopefully jovetic can have a great season, see some of the younger players come through and keep the spine of our team fit for the majority of the season!
clippo22
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: City!!!
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:16 am

Keep Vincent,Yaya,Silva and Aguero fit all together for 80% of the season and we will win it again.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby nottsblue » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:29 pm

Last season was the best ever in our history. To match it would be some achievement, let alone surpass it.

That said, we have a stronger squad than last season. We have some cracking young lads coming through, one or two who might make it to the first team over the course of the season. Pellegrini has had a season to get to grips with the the rigours of a prem campaign. The future promises to be great, probably surpassing the 30s and late 60s early 70s.

Next season I'd love to see the title again with a cup thrown in for good measure. However, Chelsea will be a tough nut to crack and though Arse, dippers and rags won't win it, they will have a say in who does. We will start as champions though and slight favourites. I can guarantee there wont be any side that gets anything less than a damn tough game against us and any games we lose wont be given up easily.

The champions league could be an achilles heel if we progress to the latter stages but thats life. It's tough at the top. We have to get used to it and this is where last season will have benefitted Pellegrini in the respect of squad rotation.

Though winning champions league would be great, peronally, I'd rather have a repeat of last season. Whatever happens, it promises to be another top season
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:08 am

looking forward to the Newcastle v Aston villa game, I just want to watch Pardew and Keane.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:23 am

Wonderwall wrote:looking forward to the Newcastle v Aston villa game, I just want to watch Pardew and Keane.

I wonder if they'll be using boxing gloves or knuckle-dusters, or both ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:11 pm

I've just been looking at the Ladbrokes Premier League Special betting slip. It features a section 'Without the Big 7'. That's a third of the league taken out. If I understand it right you are betting on who finishes 8th. I quite fancy Sunderland at 9-1. They have Sothampton at 11-2 which I think is optimistic.

They also have Dzeko 14-1 and Jojo 50-1 to be top scorers. They must be worth the odd pound at those odds.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:24 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:I've just been looking at the Ladbrokes Premier League Special betting slip. It features a section 'Without the Big 7'. That's a third of the league taken out. If I understand it right you are betting on who finishes 8th. I quite fancy Sunderland at 9-1. They have Sothampton at 11-2 which I think is optimistic.

They also have Dzeko 14-1 and Jojo 50-1 to be top scorers. They must be worth the odd pound at those odds.

ah..the "big 7"...what if the scum ever get relegated?...would it become "the big 21"?
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:52 pm

Bianchi on Ice wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:I've just been looking at the Ladbrokes Premier League Special betting slip. It features a section 'Without the Big 7'. That's a third of the league taken out. If I understand it right you are betting on who finishes 8th. I quite fancy Sunderland at 9-1. They have Sothampton at 11-2 which I think is optimistic.

ah..the "big 7"...what if the scum ever get relegated?...would it become "the big 21"?

Job done when it's the 'Big 91'
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:04 am

I do hope someone has a nice banner for the liverpool game calling them chokers or something similar, I can see that game being very tetchy from the candlepool support. Especially when the Steve Gerrard song is sang at them.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby ant london » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:28 pm

Thing is re injuries. The season we won the league the first time we were freakishly lucky with the low number of key injuries we had.

Last year was the opposite and we had a ridiculous number of key players missing for both extended periods and at key points.

If we have a "normal" amount this season it gives us a much stronger squad to compete on all fronts.

I want the league again. Everything else is a bonus
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum