Today's EDS Match

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Today's EDS Match

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:19 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Get a red card for reacting to racial abuse ?

Yep well done PV, don't put up with it.

I suppose there's a few ways you could see it mate.

1. He gets abused so has every right to take the team off.
2. He gets sent off for assaulting another player but uses racism as the reason.
3. The team went into a strop and took their ball home.

It could be reported in many ways but the fact that Paddy intervened and made the call makes it cut and dried for me. I'm sure others will interpret it in a different way though, to suit their needs.

Why is it that it always seems to be us who stand-up to this, are we now setting the trend for moral standards throughout football?

Wouldn't have thought so, Beefy - after all, we're just the rotten so-and-so's who are ruining football.

We'll probably get the kitchen sink thrown at us over this.

And that's what they don't like at UEFA/FIFA HQ. By us bringing this to the worlds attention and not shaking hands it shows them up for what they are. They hate us even more.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Dameerto » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:32 pm

I'm in complete agreement with refusing to play a voluntary game in preseason - if this was a competitive game then I would be against the team walkiing off (I actually agree with Blatter that in competitive matches it has to be the referee who stops the match).
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:06 pm

very poor headline from the beeb imo

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28451195
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Dameerto » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:21 pm

They're presenting the claim from the Croatian club's point of view, they link to another article presenting the claim from City's angle. They also state each of the three previous occasions where we have claimed racial abuse have been proven.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum