Today's EDS Match

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Today's EDS Match

Postby Dwaring » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:40 pm

Last two tweets about the match:

@MCFC: 44. City down to ten men, Seko Fofana shown a straight red card for an off the ball incident.

@MCFC: POSTPONED: The match has been called off.

Anybody know the reason? People are saying the ref was assaulted.
Dwaring
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Yaya toure

Re: Today's EDS Match

Postby twosips » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:55 pm

People are 'guessing' the ref was assaulted. All looks like wild accusations and presumptions so far though based on two very vague tweets.

I'm sure we'll find out shortly.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby gillie » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:13 pm

On twitter they are saying Fofana was racially abused by an opposing player and the rest of the team just walked off in support of him.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby twosips » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:20 pm

gillie wrote:On twitter they are saying Fofana was racially abused by an opposing player and the rest of the team just walked off in support of him.

Ta. Amazes me the conclusions people jump to based on absolutely fuck all... 'attacked the ref'... ffs.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby freshie » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:25 pm

twosips wrote:
gillie wrote:On twitter they are saying Fofana was racially abused by an opposing player and the rest of the team just walked off in support of him.

Ta. Amazes me the conclusions people jump to based on absolutely fuck all... 'attacked the ref'... ffs.

From the official site

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/20 ... -July-2014

Manchester City's EDS U21 game with HNK Rijeka has today been cancelled due to an alleged incident of racial abuse toward the Club's young midfielder, Seko Fofana by a member of the opposing team.

Following an alleged incident in the latter stages of the first half of the game, being played in Novigrad, Croatia, a decision was taken by the management staff to withdraw the City team from the field of play and cancel the game.

Club representatives in Croatia and in Manchester are liaising with officials, the match organisers and the Croatian Football Association to pursue this matter further.
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:31 pm

I don't like jumpimg to conclusions but if our OS is reporting alleged abuse then I'm more than certain that it happened.

Disgraceful if true but nothig will happen and having seeing the way UEFA dealt with it after the England youth game where Danny Rose seen red then I'd suggest our first team will be kicked out of Europe, just for not shaking hands.

Cynical or maybe sarcastic you'd think but nobody knows what goes on in the heads of the EUFA-crats.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:42 pm

Balkan racists!

What's next? Hawk Israelis bombing Palestine into the stone age?

Absurd.
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby twosips » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:55 pm

freshie wrote:
twosips wrote:

From the official site

You've missed my point. I wasn't doubting gillie - I accepted gillie's confirmation of events - I was doubting the crap that was flying around on twitter about how people were saying Fofana had attacked the ref. Wild, baseless accusations.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby freshie » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:21 pm

twosips wrote:
freshie wrote:
twosips wrote:

From the official site

You've missed my point. I wasn't doubting gillie - I accepted gillie's confirmation of events - I was doubting the crap that was flying around on twitter about how people were saying Fofana had attacked the ref. Wild, baseless accusations.

No I didn't. My post was simply backing up yours and Gillie's posts
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Dwaring » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:23 pm

Wonder whether Fofana saw red for walking off or reacting to the insult.
Dwaring
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Yaya toure

Postby twosips » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:37 pm

freshie wrote:
twosips wrote:
freshie wrote:
twosips wrote:

From the official site

No I didn't. My post was simply backing up yours and Gillie's posts

Ah never mind! Apologies.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby mcfc1632 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:48 pm

And this is our local - therefore obviously bias towards CITY (not) - paper reports the event. Is it me or is there an emphasis on 1 down and down to 10 men in an EDS pre-season friendly - rather than the appropriate outrage at the racists (allegedly) occurrence? Am I being sensitive - or should not the act of racism have been the main thrust?

"Patrick Vieira’s (EDS) side were trailing HNK Rijeka when City starlet Seko Fofana was shown a straight red card after reacting to an opposition player, and minutes later the game was over City’s youngsters abandoned their friendly game in Croatia on Tuesday night after one of their players was allegedly racially abused.

Patrick Vieira’s Elite Development Squad (EDS) side were trailing HNK Rijeka when City starlet Seko Fofana was shown a straight red card after reacting to an opposition player, and minutes later the game was over.A City statement read: “Following an alleged incident in the latter stages of the first half of the game, being played in Novigrad, Croatia, a decision was taken by the management staff to withdraw the City team from the field of play and cancel the game.

“Club representatives in Croatia and in Manchester are liaising with officials, the match organisers and the Croatian Football Association to pursue this matter further.”
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby phips » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:35 am

apparently Patty walked onto the pitch and spoke to the ref and then hauled his squad off
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Moonchesteri » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:38 am

Fully behind the decision to walk off the pitch there.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:00 am

Get a red card for reacting to racial abuse ?

Yep well done PV, don't put up with it.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:23 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Get a red card for reacting to racial abuse ?

I suppose there's a few ways you could see it mate.

1. He gets abused so has every right to take the team off.
2. He gets sent off for assaulting another player but uses racism as the reason.
3. The team went into a strop and took their ball home.

It could be reported in many ways but the fact that Paddy intervened and made the call makes it cut and dried for me. I'm sure others will interpret it in a different way though, to suit their needs.

Why is it that it always seems to be us who stand-up to this, are we now setting the trend for moral standards throughout football?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Bluedj » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:45 am

Good to see the BBC mentioned this on the news this sports morning, lets hope the FA get behind PV's decision!
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:09 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Get a red card for reacting to racial abuse ?

I suppose there's a few ways you could see it mate.

1. He gets abused so has every right to take the team off.
2. He gets sent off for assaulting another player but uses racism as the reason.
3. The team went into a strop and took their ball home.

It could be reported in many ways but the fact that Paddy intervened and made the call makes it cut and dried for me. I'm sure others will interpret it in a different way though, to suit their needs.

Why is it that it always seems to be us who stand-up to this, are we now setting the trend for moral standards throughout football?

Wouldn't have thought so, Beefy - after all, we're just the rotten so-and-so's who are ruining football.

We'll probably get the kitchen sink thrown at us over this.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby twosips » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:40 am

Brilliant by Paddy. Just imagine how much respect his players will have for him because of that decision...
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Chinners » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:56 am

Kick It Out statement on alleged HNK Rijeka incident
Kick It Out, football’s equality and inclusion organisation, has issued the following statement in regards to an alleged incident that occurred in the match between HNK Rijeka and Manchester City Elite Development Squad on 22 July:
“Kick It Out is aware of reports regarding the Manchester City Elite Development Squad walking off the field during their game against HNK Rijeka in Croatia yesterday (22 July) due to racist abuse allegedly directed at one of their players.
“We have been in communication with City and have offered them our full support and assistance on this matter. Kick It Out awaits the findings of any investigation undertaken by the Croatian Football Federation.”
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum