Formation for next season

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Formation for next season

Postby Slim » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:12 pm

Wonderwall wrote:I really liked Argentina's flexibility to switch from a 4-4-2 to a 3-5-2, dropping Mascherano into the CB position allowing Zaba and Rojo to bomb on. They didnt use the wing backs as effectively as they could have but it was very fluid and certainly caused teams problems.

We could also adopt that Strategy utilising either Garcia or Fernando allowing Zaba/Sagna and Clichy/Kolarov to bomb on Whilst Vinny and MDM/Mangala sit in the back 3. out problem might be that we would operate a 4-2-3-1 which could mean we change shape to a 3-3-3-1..... I am off for a lie down, my head hurts!

Hull did it last season and the genius that is Alan Shearer had a tantrum about Huddlestone because he failed to understand what was going on.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby dazby » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:48 pm

Formations. Sooo last decade. It's all liquid these days.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:39 am

Slim wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:I really liked Argentina's flexibility to switch from a 4-4-2 to a 3-5-2, dropping Mascherano into the CB position allowing Zaba and Rojo to bomb on. They didnt use the wing backs as effectively as they could have but it was very fluid and certainly caused teams problems.

We could also adopt that Strategy utilising either Garcia or Fernando allowing Zaba/Sagna and Clichy/Kolarov to bomb on Whilst Vinny and MDM/Mangala sit in the back 3. out problem might be that we would operate a 4-2-3-1 which could mean we change shape to a 3-3-3-1..... I am off for a lie down, my head hurts!

Hull did it last season and the genius that is Alan Shearer had a tantrum about Huddlestone because he failed to understand what was going on.

I remember that very well! He slated him for dropping deeper than the CB's and saying he was becoming ineffective, clueless geordie twat.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum