Mangala at last?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Mangala at last?

Postby blues2win » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:10 am

French football news confirming the story. Bloke on Blue Moon claims he's at the Bridgwater having a medical right now. Another bloke claims he saw a blacked out people carrier and security guard there. May well be bollocks.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Slim » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:37 am

blues2win wrote:French football news confirming the story. Bloke on Blue Moon claims he's at the Bridgwater having a medical right now. Another bloke claims he saw a blacked out people carrier and security guard there. May well be bollocks.

Complete bollocks.

Has it been reported in Cheshire Today or has he been seen at Greggs?

Only two sources worth reporting.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby blues2win » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:41 am

Goal reporting he was seen entering the Bridgewater today for routine medical checks. No pics. MEN nothing Cheshire News nothing Greggs nothing!
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:44 am

blues2win wrote:Goal reporting he was seen entering the Bridgewater today for routine medical checks. No pics. MEN nothing Cheshire News nothing Greggs nothing!

Greggs are reporting that the Steak Bakes are nearly out but they've got a stash of M&P Pasties in reserve.

Bonus, and very much cheaper than the anticipated price.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:51 am

I don't believe that he mentioned Chelsea at all. I recon he probably said something nice about London & some cunt added the Chelsea bit as a quote.

Why would he mention a club that possibly aren't even interested in him, whilst negotiating with City, which clearly has been happening since Christmas maybe even for two years ?

These cunts do this all the time. If he did mention Chelsea it was probably in response to another question or at another time.

Anyhow, I know little about him but he's clearly fast & good in the air unlike Nasti or Rekik. Seems to have decent skill too.

Hopefully he can learn the rest.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Beeks » Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:05 pm

He'll be a good signing I reckon..was obviously out main target from the get go..so we must have done our research on the fella
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Dubciteh » Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:29 pm

I've only seen bits and pieces but The price seems excessive to me.

I would love hummels for that kind of money he would of been my preference, I guess trust cheeky and the lads on this one.

Is that us done now with transfers? Hope we aren't makin same mistake as last time we won league and not signing a marquee player to keep players on there toes.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:14 pm

Absolutely nothing happening here at Southend's two Greggs branches...thought there might be a scoop round these parts seeing as brad pitt had a wimpy burger in billericay but nothing doing. will keep you posted
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby phips » Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:57 pm

the reported price is absurd.

but, he won't be going to ACON so he's a better option than Benatia, even if Benatia had the better season last year.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby blues2win » Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:19 pm

Duncan Castles of Sunday Times tweets he has passed his medical. Where the fuck is he then Duncan? A pic FFS. Just one.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:33 pm

phips wrote:the reported price is absurd.

but, he won't be going to ACON so he's a better option than Benatia, even if Benatia had the better season last year.

i think the kid looks like what Micah should have turned into after that amazing CB season under Sven.

I'm all for it.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby blues2win » Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:41 pm

Martin Blackburn tweets no announcement from MCFC this weekend. Things not finalised yet. Consistent with medical being completed though. It means Mangala can fuck back off to holiday and allow last details to be sorted out with agent.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby PeterParker » Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:43 pm

I don't like this at all, overpriced. Huge amount for a good, but not class defender. With this bid we can buy Pepe, who is a cunt, but a great defender.

I have no idea why we have this obsession with this fella and we want to pay that much for him. Jagielka, Pepe, Subotic, Hummels, Garay, etc. They are better and they are not that expensive. I am a bit gutted we are playing Porto`s game.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby blues2win » Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:01 pm

In fairness however much people feel they know enough to form a judgement Txiki and co know far more about this guy than they do. Have a bit of faith.

I think the Fernando deal required a prior announcement to the Portuguese Stock Exchange. We might therefore expect an official announcement from Porto on Monday first thing and only then an announcement from MCFC. It wouldn't surprise me if this is all signed sealed and delivered and Mangala's flown off on his hols.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:17 pm

blues2win wrote:In fairness however much people feel they know enough to form a judgement Txiki and co know far more about this guy than they do. Have a bit of faith.

I think the Fernando deal required a prior announcement to the Portuguese Stock Exchange. We might therefore expect an official announcement from Porto on Monday first thing and only then an announcement from MCFC. It wouldn't surprise me if this is all signed sealed and delivered and Mangala's flown off on his hols.

exactomundo Fonzie.

Thumbs up!

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:46 pm

PeterParker wrote:I don't like this at all, overpriced. Huge amount for a good, but not class defender. With this bid we can buy Pepe, who is a cunt, but a great defender.

I have no idea why we have this obsession with this fella and we want to pay that much for him. Jagielka, Pepe, Subotic, Hummels, Garay, etc. They are better and they are not that expensive. I am a bit gutted we are playing Porto`s game.

Peter I have to disagree here...Id rather we didnt sign someone who cannot control his temper and headbuts people and therefore lets his team down..pepe merely confirmed what I and many others thought of him pre-world cup...and as for Jagielka, he has the turning circle of an oil tanker...last thing we need....the others may just be unavailable.we need a centre half...if they've looked at this bloke and plumped for him I say get it done...as doom says he's young enough so if it doesnt work out there is re-sale value, and I doubt very much whatever fee it is its all the cash up front...
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:20 pm

[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby phips » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:09 pm

PeterParker wrote:I have no idea why we have this obsession with this fella and we want to pay that much for him. Jagielka, Pepe, Subotic, Hummels, Garay, etc. They are better and they are not that expensive. I am a bit gutted we are playing Porto`s game.

well Garay is off to Zenit but i too wish we'd gone for Hummels instead. for the price we're rumored to be paying for Mangala we could've gotten Hummels.

phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby phips » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:10 pm

The BBC are among numerous outlets reporting that the 23-year-old is set to sign with an official announcement expected next week.

Some reports suggest that Mangala has already completed his medical and will join up for pre-season after a post-World Cup holiday.

Mangala was part of Didier Deschamps World Cup squad but did not make an appearance. He has three international caps.

He started his career in Belgium with Standard Liege before moving to Portugal in 2011.

City were forced to draft in Argentina veteran Martín Demichelis last season after struggling at the centre-back position.

With Joleon Lescott having left City for West Brom in the summer, they have been looking for a centre-half, and Mangala appears to have been identified as Vincent Kompany's long term partner at the centre of their defence.

He would be Manchester City's fourth signing of the summer, joining Porto team-mate Fernando, ex-Arsenal star Bacary Sagna and goalkeeper Willy Caballero from Malaga.

phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Slim » Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:03 pm

As I don't really know how to pronounce his name, I've been calling him Mangler, rather fitting for a centrehalf.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum