Mangala at last?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Mangala at last?

Postby Clowncrete » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:26 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Piquet & Verane are the ones who deal with pace. That's what we need. That's before we get to the set piece problems which all 3 are a bit suspect, especially Ramos. I would much rather have Demi than Ramos.

Ramos suspect, he destroyed Bayern, Varane unsellable Ted.. Pique is a sussed out future president of Barca, no MF he has to run, can he defend NO. Do Barca fans rate him NO, Ramos after a break will be Europe's top defender again, look how he dealt with Bayern, Costa, how calm he is with Messi after kicking shit out of him, Carlo has calmed him down , he is still a tiger but more controlled not cured BTW, Vinny needs the best the best to ease the workload and make him better, I hope Mango is that man. Just not sure as he looked shite when Gamero ripped him and Porto to bits.. The old Ramos would have knocked RVP out, he knew they were spent !

Pep's tactics beat Bayern. Pepe was also brilliant in the latter stages of CL. And he was terrible against Barca in march.
Clowncrete
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Super Kev!

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:51 pm

Clowncrete wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Piquet & Verane are the ones who deal with pace. That's what we need. That's before we get to the set piece problems which all 3 are a bit suspect, especially Ramos. I would much rather have Demi than Ramos.

Ramos suspect, he destroyed Bayern, Varane unsellable Ted.. Pique is a sussed out future president of Barca, no MF he has to run, can he defend NO. Do Barca fans rate him NO, Ramos after a break will be Europe's top defender again, look how he dealt with Bayern, Costa, how calm he is with Messi after kicking shit out of him, Carlo has calmed him down , he is still a tiger but more controlled not cured BTW, Vinny needs the best the best to ease the workload and make him better, I hope Mango is that man. Just not sure as he looked shite when Gamero ripped him and Porto to bits.. The old Ramos would have knocked RVP out, he knew they were spent !

Pep's tactics beat Bayern. Pepe was also brilliant in the latter stages of CL. And he was terrible against Barca in march.

The point is Mango is untried for 30+ mill ii seems to me that is a huge amount, the best Left back I saw last season 28 Yrs old is joining Chelsea for 20 mill. Pepe was fantastic and a loon at the same time, with his antics with Costa, Ramos was the glue that kept the back line fine, plus he pops up with important goals. All about opinions, for me we need players that know the craic, Mango could be that guy.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:55 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
Clowncrete wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

The point is Mango is untried for 30+ mill ii seems to me that is a huge amount, the best Left back I saw last season 28 Yrs old is joining Chelsea for 20 mill. Pepe was fantastic and a loon at the same time, with his antics with Costa, Ramos was the glue that kept the back line fine, plus he pops up with important goals. All about opinions, for me we need players that know the craic, Mango could be that guy.

TBH that post is a bit...uhm...hazy. What's your point?

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby roblues » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:24 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
Clowncrete wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

TBH that post is a bit...uhm...hazy. What's your point?

cheers

I found it hazy too. LB and CB pricing has always worked differently
roblues
Superman's Underpants

Postby PeterParker » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:04 pm

There is a defender out there that a thew people noticed, a player that can defend, but most of all, can score from a corner and we all know how bad our defenders were at hearders this season.

That player is Diego Godin from Atletico. With the money for Menghele we could have him.

But the fact is this, none of us actually know why City and the staff want Mangala that much. We can speak as loud as we want about Ramos, Pepe, Hummels, Subotic, Godin, even Boateng.

The fact that Pellers wants him, means there is something about him that we do not know. Every player we brought became almost perfect in our system, so there is a reason why we went after Mangala. I really hope we will find out soon enought what that reason is.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:41 pm

PeterParker wrote:There is a defender out there that a thew people noticed, a player that can defend, but most of all, can score from a corner and we all know how bad our defenders were at hearders this season.

That player is Diego Godin from Atletico. With the money for Menghele we could have him.

But the fact is this, none of us actually know why City and the staff want Mangala that much. We can speak as loud as we want about Ramos, Pepe, Hummels, Subotic, Godin, even Boateng.

The fact that Pellers wants him, means there is something about him that we do not know. Every player we brought became almost perfect in our system, so there is a reason why we went after Mangala. I really hope we will find out soon enought what that reason is.

well...i'm no rocket surgeon...but after some youtube viewing i can tell you that this Mangler character looks like what i hoped Micah would turn into after that season with Sven.

Strong, wins everyfuckingthing in the air that YouTube can throw at him -- unbelievable really, fast enough, and very classy on the ball...composed to the point of ridiculousity.

on those points you'd understand why a lot of fuckers might be interested in a 23 yo CB given the market.

For us in particular...he can play a high line with Vinny and not embarrass himself. Try that with Ron "Fucking" Vlaar.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby blues2win » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:49 pm

+1
blues2win
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:57 pm

Hazy2 wrote:

Sorry meant Pepe not Piquet; Piquet is dogshite.

Pepe was the best defender around last season imo & rescued Ramos time & again when he was stranded for pace & position. Verane is the next generation for the same job.

That's what we need in order to improve, & I'm hoping Mangala will add that extra sharpness once he learns the job plus Fernando adding sharpness to midfield.

Piquet is Spain's answer to Kit Symons, put down the wrong name sorry.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:53 pm

Not worth 30 mill is my point. Pellers knows his eggs so I trust him.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby CTID Hants » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:58 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Not worth 30 mill is my point. Pellers knows his eggs so I trust him.

To be fair, at £30M (I too agree is loads of money) but when compared to the reported same amount the rags paid for Luke Shaw, we would be getting a player with 30+ European games experience, who would you prefer? Excepting the fact Luke Shaw would tick the English/home grown stuff....? Hope that makes sense, please excuse PWP
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:04 am

Hazy2 wrote:Not worth 30 mill is my point. Pellers knows his eggs so I trust him.

The sense you make? Zero.

He isn't worth it.
You trust the manager to decide that.

Alrighty.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:41 am

Read the debate and nobody has put a valid point up why we'd pay 30 mil for a talent, except for when you compare him with Shaw!

Crazy money and I hope it's just the media putting 2 and 2 together, coming up with 30.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:47 am

Beefymcfc wrote:Read the debate and nobody has put a valid point up why we'd pay 30 mil for a talent, except for when you compare him with Shaw!

Crazy money and I hope it's just the media putting 2 and 2 together, coming up with 30.

Because that's how much Porto and whatever third party interests are demanding, simples.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:54 am

Why would we pay 30 mil for a talented & sought after young cb ?

Well how much do they cost ?

Did we want one ?

Answer those two questions & put together the result.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby john@staustell » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:59 am

It is a slight worry that Varane and Sakho were rated ahead of him, because I think they are both shite.

But then you remember Deschamps wont play anyone vaguely linked to City - fallout/feud with Vieira?

Nasri - great season, dropped
Clichy - better player than Evra is now, dropped
Sagna - signs for City, never gets a game after
Mangala - linked with City since Jan, never took to the field
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:11 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Why would we pay 30 mil for a talented & sought after young cb ?

Did we want one ?

Sounds like people trying to justify a huge price for a talented, yet unproven CB.

I'm sure I slagged the Rags for doing the same with Shaw, CamelGob et al so I'm sure not going to be a two-faced fucker here.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:57 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Why would we pay 30 mil for a talented & sought after young cb ?

Did we want one ?

Sounds like people trying to justify a huge price for a talented, yet unproven CB.

I'm sure I slagged the Rags for doing the same with Shaw, CamelGob et al so I'm sure not going to be a two-faced fucker here.

Market conditions bro. What do you want someone to say?

Is he worth 20m or 15 or 40? Market decides.

We could choose to sign someone with less skill...cuz the dude looks to me like he's got some fucking skills....but why spend 20m on a bigger risk?

If we think he is worth the price and meets our system and needs etc..we will pay it.

That's how it worked yesterday....and how it will work tomorrow.

Next up I'll discuss "how to dial to get an outside line from your work phone"....in OT. Hooray÷

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Dameerto » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:21 pm

Ooo, ooo, press nine for an outside line?
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:11 pm

So Beefy, because you lambasted Utd for spending 40 million on Ferdinand 15 years ago, you expect the price to have come down even though Luiz just wnt for 50.

On what planet is that likely ?

Nastasic cost us 12 mil plus Savic, who cost 6 mil. That's 18 million quid. And we'd get Mangala for what ? 20 perhaps ? In yer dreams.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:43 pm

That's it fella's, keep saying it like it's chicken feed and it'll be right. If Mangala turns out anything like CamelGob then he'll be worth the money (spits in disgust).

As for Luiz, why bother mentioning his name. PSG obviously pay the going rates for their players, surely!

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum