Mangala at last?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Mangala at last?

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:39 pm

roblues wrote:
Blue Blood wrote:
sandman wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
City64 wrote:Looks like we have secured all our 4 key transfer targets nice and early , just need the Yaya situation clearing up sharpish in our favour . Interestingly SSN are reporting PSG,s Edinson Cavani has instructed his agent to get him a move to the Premier League ?

Crikey, if that's true, can we cancel the Mangala deal and go for him instead ??

I would rather have Mangala and sell any combination of the following players to raise the cash & wages;

Javi García
Jack Rodwell
Martín Demichelis
Richard Wright
Dedryck Boyata
John Guidetti
Scott Sinclair
Luca Scapuzzi
Emyr Huws
Reece Wabara

I'd sell everyone on that list bar, Demi, Wright and Boyata (Boyata only stays because we need his HG status)

Shifting Javi and Jack has to be the priority now, they just don't have a place in our club anymore, In Jacks case this is because he hasn't delivered as a player for us and in Javi's case because he is unfortunately foreign and we need to trim to meet the quotas.

I really feel for Javi though, he has improved, he just looks doomed to be sold. He's the least vital and easiest to trim of all of our foreigners, it's really unlucky for him.

I'm putting my neck on the line here - I think Rodwell will be our most improved player this season if given a chance - and I know it won't take much to improve on last season, but I actually see him making a pretty big contribution, especially if Yaya departs.

I would love you to be right about Rodwell. I recon he can do it but when he got the chance in the cup last season he was really half arsed & pissed me right off tbh.

If he did stay & pushed for it (& finally stayed fit) , I recon he'd really challenge for a place & get better & better, but the cup game was worrying. It was like he'd decided to hide.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:46 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
City64 wrote:Looks like we have secured all our 4 key transfer targets nice and early , just need the Yaya situation clearing up sharpish in our favour . Interestingly SSN are reporting PSG,s Edinson Cavani has instructed his agent to get him a move to the Premier League ?

Crikey, if that's true, can we cancel the Mangala deal and go for him instead ??

Cavani at CB. Are you Stuart Pearce? Be honest.

Cheers

Very droll, Doomie;

Nicely put, to my detriment.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby blues2win » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:14 pm

A french journalist with RMC Sport says Mangala has indeed signed an agreement in principle with City and is expected to report for training on August 4. Likely to wear number 20 he says. Seems like a long holiday post World Cup. I suspect the dreaded third Party ownership details are holding up an announcement....
blues2win
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby sandman » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:15 pm

JCB001 wrote:
sandman wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

I would rather have Mangala and sell any combination of the following players to raise the cash & wages;

Javi García
Jack Rodwell
Martín Demichelis
Richard Wright
Dedryck Boyata
John Guidetti
Scott Sinclair
Luca Scapuzzi
Emyr Huws
Reece Wabara

We must keep MDM to help bed in Mangala

I would use Nastasic if Mangala can't make the first team.
sandman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:53 pm

sandman wrote:
JCB001 wrote:
sandman wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

Javi García
Jack Rodwell
Martín Demichelis
Richard Wright
Dedryck Boyata
John Guidetti
Scott Sinclair
Luca Scapuzzi
Emyr Huws
Reece Wabara

We must keep MDM to help bed in Mangala

I would use Nastasic if Mangala can't make the first team.

Crackhead.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby sandman » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:42 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
sandman wrote:I would use Nastasic if Mangala can't make the first team.

Crackhead.

Cheers

If I was a crackhead then at least I wouldnt be an armchair crackhead, I have been going to City since long before the septics heard that football was played with your feet.

Nastasic is a belting young player, he was our 2013 Young Player of the season and had an excellent debut against Real Madrid. He is tall and strong and at 21 he needs a chance to prove himself now as he could be a great long term prospect.

The only thing that has let him down so far has been his fitness, I would like to see him getting his nose in this season.

Demichelis is at the wrong end of his career.
sandman

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:51 pm

sandman wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

Crackhead.

Cheers

If I was a crackhead then at least I wouldnt be an armchair crackhead, I have been going to City since long before the septics heard that football was played with your feet.

Nastasic is a belting young player, he was our 2013 Young Player of the season and had an excellent debut against Real Madrid. He is tall and strong and at 21 he needs a chance to prove himself now as he could be a great long term prospect.

The only thing that has let him down so far has been his fitness, I would like to see him getting his nose in this season.

This conjures up all sorts of absurd mental images, which are probably best ignored (unless your name happens to be Doomie).

Incidentally, I've been watching certain Stock Market trends of late and I've noticed that the price of snuff has rocketed tenfold in the last two months.

Snuff users are claiming that they're paying through the nose for it.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby sandman » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:57 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
sandman wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

Crackhead.

Cheers

This conjures up all sorts of absurd mental images, which are probably best ignored (unless your name happens to be Doomie).

Incidentally, I've been watching certain Stock Market trends of late and I've noticed that the price of snuff has rocketed tenfold in the last two months.

Snuff users are claiming that they're paying through the nose for it.

Ha ha, ok maybe I should have said I would like to see him getting the opportunity to play football, and I must stress that I am talking about the Football that is played with your feet and not the tarts rugby that is played in the states wearing suits of armour and a crash helmets incase they hurt themselves whilst constantly walking on and off the pitch all night.
sandman

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:57 pm

sandman wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

Crackhead.

Cheers

Lots of folks can sit in the stands and see what they like.

I'd prefer MDM for the next 2 years to Nastasic....maybe forever. Happen to watch Martin in the WC by chance?

You're seriously confused.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby sandman » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:01 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
sandman wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

Crackhead.

Cheers

I'd prefer MDM for the next 2 years to Nastasic....maybe forever. Happen to watch Martin in the WC by chance?

Cheers

I did, and before that I watch a man at the wrong end of his career play great in around 2 out of every 5 matches throughout the season... Not consistent enough!!

Nastasic has rarely put a foot wrong in a blue shirt, no more serious issues than the average bear and now our former young player of the year is fit again I would like to see him given the opportunity to play.

And I sit in the stands and see exactly what happens, not just what is shown on TV, the camera only shows around 70% of the game, those who attend can see those who are putting a shift in to find the right positions and mark the right players when they are not near the ball.
sandman

Postby aaron bond » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:12 pm

sandman wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
sandman wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

Crackhead.

Cheers

Cheers

I did, and before that I watch a man at the wrong end of his career play great in around 2 out of every 5 matches throughout the season... Not consistent enough!!

Nastasic has rarely put a foot wrong in a blue shirt, no more serious issues than the average bear and now our former young player of the year is fit again I would like to see him given the opportunity to play.

And I sit in the stands and see exactly what happens, not just what is shown on TV, the camera only shows around 70% of the game, those who attend can see those who are putting a shift in to find the right positions and mark the right players when they are not near the ball.

Demichelis was largely shite up until mid-March. No doubt about that. But he did improve considerably in the tail-end of the season and performed well at the World Cup.

Nastasic, on the other hand, is a truly awful defender. Useless in one-on-one situations, weak aerial ability, poor positional play and a general reluctance to get involved in a match, hoping others do the work for him.

I wanted this guy to prove me wrong considering we spent so much on him, but he repeatedly makes mistakes. I honestly don't know what you've been watching if you think he rarely puts a foot wrong.

We're fortunate that we dominate most games we play so he's not involved as much. The sooner we get rid, the better. It's embarrassing someone as poor as him is in our squad.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:16 pm

sandman wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
sandman wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

Crackhead.

Cheers

Cheers

can't wait until they create an "Only My Opinion Counts Cuz I Go To The Matches" forum so that cunts like me that *live* thousands of miles away can be put in our rightful place.

Plonkeriffic.

Take your crap opinion and your holier than thou attitude and cram it up your cramhole.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:17 pm

sandman wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
sandman wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

Crackhead.

Cheers

Cheers

You were watching a different player to me then, as I would put Demichelis down as arguably our most consistent performer for the final third of the season.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby sandman » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:41 pm

Over the season he was below par on average. I agree that he had a good april and may, but that is not enough to cement your place in the side.

Nastasic has not done anywhere as near as much wrong as people on here would like to pretend, the fact is he is only 21 now, he was 19 at his debut and made some mistakes, but nothing that major, he is just inexperienced at this level and like most players needs the opportunity to grow into the role, I really hope he gets the chance. Constantly bringing in pensioners like Vieira, Demichelis and Maicon on short contracts is stifling the opportunities of the younger players.

As it stands I would not want to be a youth player at City, all the fancy facilities and new pitches in the world won't get you where you need to be without opportunities to prove yourself.
sandman

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:57 pm

sandman wrote:Over the season he was below par on average. I agree that he had a good april and may, but that is not enough to cement your place in the side.

Nastasic has not done anywhere as near as much wrong as people on here would like to pretend, the fact is he is only 21 now, he was 19 at his debut and made some mistakes, but nothing that major, he is just inexperienced at this level and like most players needs the opportunity to grow into the role, I really hope he gets the chance. Constantly bringing in pensioners like Vieira, Demichelis and Maicon on short contracts is stifling the opportunities of the younger players.

As it stands I would not want to be a youth player at City, all the fancy facilities and new pitches in the world won't get you where you need to be without opportunities to prove yourself.

For me he looked very good in his first season, showed a lot of promise but I think he really struggled to adapt from Mancini's way to Pellegrini's, some defenders just aren't capable of playing that high line that Pellegrini likes to use and I get the feeling that sadly Nadtasic is one such defender.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby geepeetee » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:09 pm

Was this a post on Mangler?????????
geepeetee
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: Kompany

Postby sandman » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:22 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
sandman wrote:Over the season he was below par on average. I agree that he had a good april and may, but that is not enough to cement your place in the side.

For me he looked very good in his first season, showed a lot of promise but I think he really struggled to adapt from Mancini's way to Pellegrini's, some defenders just aren't capable of playing that high line that Pellegrini likes to use and I get the feeling that sadly Nadtasic is one such defender.

I think that he is 21, he won't peak for another 4 or 5 years, I think that given the opportunity he is still young enough to learn.

Too many City fans are too impatient thesedays, the lad has had 34 appearances and has won Young Player of the Season in those 34 appearances yet people don't think he is worth a chance? Just ridiculous!!
sandman

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:30 pm

sandman wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

I think that he is 21, he won't peak for another 4 or 5 years, I think that given the opportunity he is still young enough to learn.

Too many City fans are too impatient thesedays, the lad has had 34 appearances and has won Young Player of the Season in those 34 appearances yet people don't think he is worth a chance? Just ridiculous!!

If you say so. I'm only giving my thoughts on what I saw of him last season compared to the season before.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:45 pm

geepeetee wrote:Was this a post on Mangler?????????

Yes. Until the Sandman went "Sandstorm"...

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:50 pm

Porto have just signed Martins Indi, so expect this to be announced any day now
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum