Charity Shield Tickets

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Charity Shield Tickets

Postby nottsblue » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:19 pm

Re the price of tickets compared with Bundesliga clubs. It is a disgrace. But the blame can be laid at Platinis door in the shadow of FFP. If it didn't exist with all the TV money, the ever increasing sponsorship/merchandising and increased prize money, we could perhaps afford to put into practice some of the suggestions above. Capped tickets for away fans. Season cards at £300. Why not free entry for seasoncards to League cup games. It might cost the club £20m, but that is chickenfeed to our owners, and like the Bayern chief said, what is nothing to the club is a huge difference to the average fan.

Maybe in a few years when our revenues are higher together with profits we will see this. Until then, as a club we have to maximise revenue and unfortunately one easy avenue to go down is increased ticket prices. That said, we still have some of the cheapest season tickets around. It just seems the matchday tickets are being priced out of the occasional match goers budget. The club need to be wary as we don't want to lose fans, and just because we are succesfull now doesn't mean we will always be so and fans are fickle.

Typical of FA to hold game on a day with no trains though. Zero thought as per usual. Wouldn't trust them to run a bath
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:38 pm

I have just been on the OS to buy an extra ticket for the Arsenal game at Wembley, as I decided to take one of my women with me. It says in big letters 'Sold Out.' Is this correct?
Edit - I have been back on the OS this morning and it seems it's not sold out anymore. Very strange
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby AG7 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:13 pm

I've got one spare for this now, if anyone's interested let me know!
AG7
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Agueroooooo!

Postby lets all have a disco » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:31 am

South Stand Balti wrote:I have just been on the OS to buy an extra ticket for the Arsenal game at Wembley, as I decided to take one of my women with me. It says in big letters 'Sold Out.' Is this correct?
Edit - I have been back on the OS this morning and it seems it's not sold out anymore. Very strange

My man knows how to roll deep.

It's all about the hareem eh?
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby john@staustell » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:53 am

South Stand Balti wrote:I have just been on the OS to buy an extra ticket for the Arsenal game at Wembley, as I decided to take one of my women with me. It says in big letters 'Sold Out.' Is this correct?

It seems to come and go as they release more blocks. Awful planning maybe the main man is on hols?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby clippo22 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:30 am

Does anyone know what sort of team we will be fielding? I know a lot of Key players will be no way near match fitness but then are we really going to go to Newcastle with our best players having not played any mins pre-season? I would expect to see something along the line of:

Hart
Sagna
Kompany
Nasty / Demi
Kolarov

Fernando
Yaya

Navas
Nasri / Silva

Jovetic
Dzeko

A mixture of Key players who need game time before Newcastle (Kompany, Silva, yaya, Dzeko) and players who have been impressive during pre-season (Jovetic, Kolarov, Navas, Fernando).

Any thoughts?
clippo22
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: City!!!
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Bluedj » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:07 am

clippo22 wrote:Does anyone know what sort of team we will be fielding? I know a lot of Key players will be no way near match fitness but then are we really going to go to Newcastle with our best players having not played any mins pre-season? I would expect to see something along the line of:

Hart
Sagna
Kompany
Nasty / Demi
Kolarov

Fernando
Yaya

Navas
Nasri / Silva

Jovetic
Dzeko

A mixture of Key players who need game time before Newcastle (Kompany, Silva, yaya, Dzeko) and players who have been impressive during pre-season (Jovetic, Kolarov, Navas, Fernando).

Any thoughts?

That's a very good question, but we can use 5 subs during this game if my information is correct, so it'll be interesting to see who plays and how they play!
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:11 am

5 players who were not out in full training this morning I would expect also won't be involved on Sunday so really we are likely to see the players who played in USA
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:15 am

this could make for an interesting game....

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014 ... WEML6619I2
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby john@staustell » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:36 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:this could make for an interesting game....

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014 ... WEML6619I2

Big Bertha

Image[
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:36 pm

MP confirmed today that the players who arrived this week will not feature at the weekend: VK, MDM, PZ etc
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum