Charity Shield Tickets

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Charity Shield Tickets

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:21 pm

Fidel Castro wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:It looks like our wonderful support is deserting us yet again, at this rate they will be handing ticket out to tramps on street corners for free.
Its pretty embarrassing that we cant sell our allocation. We are double winners!!, FFS we could have sold Wembley out on our own in 99!

Maybe a lot of people can't afford it? Hardly a cheap day out is it now?

I am not saying everyone should be able to. However, we are supposed to be growing our fanbase, I would imagine the first Charity Shield game sold out before general sale! Now we cant give them away. If you cannot see the issue, then I can guarantee other teams fans will be pointing it out in due course,
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:57 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Fidel Castro wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:It looks like our wonderful support is deserting us yet again, at this rate they will be handing ticket out to tramps on street corners for free.
Its pretty embarrassing that we cant sell our allocation. We are double winners!!, FFS we could have sold Wembley out on our own in 99!

I am not saying everyone should be able to. However, we are supposed to be growing our fanbase, I would imagine the first Charity Shield game sold out before general sale! Now we cant give them away. If you cannot see the issue, then I can guarantee other teams fans will be pointing it out in due course,

Looks like the Glory-Hunters can't be arsed.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:54 pm

I wouldn't be going if I got a free ticket, flight & hotel.

I went to the final v Stoke because it had been so long but seeing that middle tier full of Japanese tourists & fans who had bought tickets from legalised touts made me want to burn the fucking place down. It makes me fucking vomit. Unelected cunts building a fucking stadium for themselves & their fucking mates in their own town & making sure they can all tout tickets to suits & tourists; fucking disgusting.

That should have been in Birmingham & held 150k.

I can't say for sure I'll never cave in, but it is my intention to never set foot in that plastic fucking cockney shithole for the rest of my life.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Goaters 103 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:34 am

Wonderwall wrote:
Fidel Castro wrote:

Our first Charity Shield game in the recent era, was 2011 - we didn't sell that out either.

The only one we did sell out was 2012 when the allocation was a lot less, and we only had to go to Villa Park.

Considering we are talking about a huge seasoncard waiting list and expanding the ground, having rafts of empty seats at Wembley for a club our size is a little bit shit really, no matter how you spin in on cost/friendly/trains etc.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby King Kev » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:29 am

The cost argument is one that interests me.

Whilst I am sure there are a lot of fans who would love to go to games but genuinely can't afford it, I reckon there are an equal number who use it as an excuse.

I work with a rag who claims he can't afford to go to their games, yet he is out on the piss every weekend and eats out at least once a week. If he missed a few nights out he could easily afford a match ticket, but he chooses not to.

There are loads of City fans who also do similar things, which they are quite entitled to do of course. I just wish they would be more honest about their reasons for not going to the ocasional match of the club they claim to support.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:16 am

King Kev wrote:The cost argument is one that interests me.

Whilst I am sure there are a lot of fans who would love to go to games but genuinely can't afford it, I reckon there are an equal number who use it as an excuse.

I work with a rag who claims he can't afford to go to their games, yet he is out on the piss every weekend and eats out at least once a week. If he missed a few nights out he could easily afford a match ticket, but he chooses not to.

There are loads of City fans who also do similar things, which they are quite entitled to do of course. I just wish they would be more honest about their reasons for not going to the ocasional match of the club they claim to support.

57 quid for a ticket against Liverpool. Then if you want to take a kiddy its an extra 30 quid. Add transport/ parking costs and it could cost you over 100 smackers to take your son/daughter to the occasional game. It's outrageous. I know we're not the only ones but still...
I remember only a few years back it was about 25-30 quid for a ticket and kids could get in for a fiver.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby South Stand Balti » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:31 am

Does anybody actually know how many tickets we have sold?
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:33 am

Can you just turn up at the ticket office and get tickets for the Charity Shield game as a non SC holder?
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:38 am

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:

57 quid for a ticket against Liverpool. Then if you want to take a kiddy its an extra 30 quid. Add transport/ parking costs and it could cost you over 100 smackers to take your son/daughter to the occasional game. It's outrageous. I know we're not the only ones but still...
I remember only a few years back it was about 25-30 quid for a ticket and kids could get in for a fiver.

As far as the business model goes for clubs the size of ours and other prem league clubs, the season ticket prices should be on a par with Germany. If you can have the Staidum like the Allianze and charge £100 for a season ticket, its amazing.

Bayern Munich president Uli Hoeness today accused Premier League clubs of 'milking their fans like cows' in charging high prices for season tickets.

Explaining his decision to keep season tickets at Bayern lower than their counterparts across Europe, Hoeness said: "We could charge more than €130 (£104). Let's say we charged €380 (£300). We'd get €2.5m (£2m) more in income, but what's €2.5m to us?"

"In a transfer discussion you argue about the sum for five minutes. But the difference between €130 and €380 is huge for the fans."

"We do not think fans are like cows, who you milk. Football has got to be for everybody."

"That's the biggest difference between us and England."

Arsenal's cheapest season ticket for the upcoming season costs £985 (with the most expensive ticket costing a whopping £1,955), while Liverpool's cost £710, and Chelsea's is £595.

Jack Sullivan, son of West Ham co-owner David Sullivan, has hinted that the club plan to offer significantly cheaper season tickets once the club move into the Olympic Stadium in time for the 2016-17 Premier League season.

Retweeting Hoeness' comments, Sullivan said: "That's the hope at the OS [Olympic Stadium] give family's affordable football. Cheap ST [season tickets]."

With the new TV revenue, EVERY prem league club could have done this for fans this season. I feel like the prem league clubs are milking us fans for all they can. There should be a cap on away fans ticket prices, every club should charge a maximum of £20 for an adult and £5 for a child. All cup games should be capped prices regardless of what round it is or who the opposition are. Its become an absolute joke.

I sincerely hope City do achieve their FFP goal next season and record a profit and then announce a strategy similar to Bayerns, its not like the 2.5m will make a difference!!

£2.5m is 48k a week! We probably give Boyata that much!
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:43 am

Wonderwall wrote:
Bridge'srightfoot wrote:

As far as the business model goes for clubs the size of ours and other prem league clubs, the season ticket prices should be on a par with Germany. If you can have the Staidum like the Allianze and charge £100 for a season ticket, its amazing.

Bayern Munich president Uli Hoeness today accused Premier League clubs of 'milking their fans like cows' in charging high prices for season tickets.

Explaining his decision to keep season tickets at Bayern lower than their counterparts across Europe, Hoeness said: "We could charge more than €130 (£104). Let's say we charged €380 (£300). We'd get €2.5m (£2m) more in income, but what's €2.5m to us?"

"In a transfer discussion you argue about the sum for five minutes. But the difference between €130 and €380 is huge for the fans."

"We do not think fans are like cows, who you milk. Football has got to be for everybody."

"That's the biggest difference between us and England."

Arsenal's cheapest season ticket for the upcoming season costs £985 (with the most expensive ticket costing a whopping £1,955), while Liverpool's cost £710, and Chelsea's is £595.

Jack Sullivan, son of West Ham co-owner David Sullivan, has hinted that the club plan to offer significantly cheaper season tickets once the club move into the Olympic Stadium in time for the 2016-17 Premier League season.

Retweeting Hoeness' comments, Sullivan said: "That's the hope at the OS [Olympic Stadium] give family's affordable football. Cheap ST [season tickets]."

With the new TV revenue, EVERY prem league club could have done this for fans this season. I feel like the prem league clubs are milking us fans for all they can. There should be a cap on away fans ticket prices, every club should charge a maximum of £20 for an adult and £5 for a child. All cup games should be capped prices regardless of what round it is or who the opposition are. Its become an absolute joke.

I sincerely hope City do achieve their FFP goal next season and record a profit and then announce a strategy similar to Bayerns, its not like the 2.5m will make a difference!!

£2.5m is 48k a week! We probably give Boyata that much!

Absolutely agree mate.
What gets on my tits is that games such as West Ham away on a cold winter's Wednesday night which are on tv anyway will often charge upwards of 50 quid. Where is the motivation for a fan to go to such a game?

If Germany can do it, so can we. It's becoming a rich man's sport.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:56 am

This pricing thing is becoming more and more apparent at the moment with more people being priced out. We, as a club, need to be looking at this carefully as one of the biggest selling points for us in recent history is our fan base and how we followed thm through thick and thin. We, the loyal supporter, are what makes us so unique and by alienating us it will leave our club lacking identity going forward.

Do we really want to be a boutique club?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:23 am

If we tried to do what Bayern are doing now re pricing, we would lose about 12-15 million quid per season.

If however, we aimed to expand the ground & had a stated intention to build up huge attendances & draw level with what Bayern's pricing will be in say 2025, I recon we can do it & have great big crowds with more young people, more working class people & a great atmosphere.

It's down to what the club decides. They can look at ways of squeezing more & more out of season ticket holders, or they can look at building up bigger attendances with very cheap season tickets for all but the 'prime' seats.

I recon City can sell out 75k ten, fifteen years from now. They may still be able to do that with tourists & 'comfortably off' people, but it will be a better place if they do it with more working class people & young people & look to make the big profits from sponsorship & corporate stuff.

The ground would be rocking & there would be a build up of long term, young support.

It's upto them which road they go down, but they do have that choice imo. One scenario I'll still be there (if still alive) the other, I will deem the 'matchday experience' as overpriced & chuck it in. I'm reaching the stage where the season ticket is more than I want to pay.

If I lived in Munich, i would buy a season ticket for Bayern if available & then of course, I would go & watch them. If I then had two kids with me, they would become Bayern fans & probbly their kids etc etc. It's that simple. The choice is there.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby South Stand Balti » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:19 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Can you just turn up at the ticket office and get tickets for the Charity Shield game as a non SC holder?

I f
South Stand Balti

Postby South Stand Balti » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:22 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Can you just turn up at the ticket office and get tickets for the Charity Shield game as a non SC holder?

I don't think anybody can buy tickets from the ticket office, all sales are online only. Any member can buy a ticket or anyone with purchase history. Season ticket holders can also buy 4 extra tickets each but again this is all online as far as I am aware.
South Stand Balti

Postby lets all have a disco » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:08 pm

I'm going on Holiday a few weeks after,got a kid,cant be arsed with the travel and being knackered on Monday morning after a 12 hour coach journey.
Blah blah blah.

I'm a seasoncard holder near 700 notes and i'm in the domestic schemes so City will most likely (if successful) get a grand out of me this season including beer and food.

More than enough for a season IMHO
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby michaelcityfan » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:58 pm

I'm taking my stepson he's not happy to hear were likely not to have our big stars there. Don't want to see us lose to arse. His first wembly experience don't want it to be a defeat.
michaelcityfan
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby City64 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:59 pm

Still plenty of tickets left for this and more worryingly the home game versus Liverpool . Is everyone on holiday ?
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby simon12 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:25 pm

On holiday for the CS and get back 23rd. Thankfully the 1st home match has been moved to the Monday.
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:39 pm

I'm just not interested in it, saving myself for the league. If that makes me a bad person, so be it.
Hutch's Shoulder

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby stevefromdonny » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:57 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:I'm going on Holiday a few weeks after,got a kid,cant be arsed with the travel and being knackered on Monday morning [b]after a 12 hour coach journey.
[/b]
Blah blah blah.

I'm a seasoncard holder near 700 notes and i'm in the domestic schemes so City will most likely (if successful) get a grand out of me this season including beer and food.

More than enough for a season IMHO

do you go by pony and trap
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum