Yaya again

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Yaya again

Postby s1ty m » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:41 am

It'll all be sorted on the quiet. Maybe it already is. He's arguably the best player I've ever seen in a City shirt and keeping him means we are highly competitive for 2 more years and a title is probable. I don't see any replacements for him either. If he goes, we will need to gamble on Ross Barkley which will also mean playing differently. Or gamble on Pogba, which is less of a risk than Barkley, obviously. Pogba may have what it takes.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:09 am

Neither Pogba nor Barkley can replace Yaya as he was last season. They can replace his shirt number perhaps. He is a unique player & we wouldn't have won anything without his game changing antics last season. He will start to lose some pace & be even lazier tracking back, but personally I hope we sort it once he calms down, & are offering him a new deal two years from now, because he could still be a game changer for years to come if he gets his head together.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:16 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Neither Pogba nor Barkley can replace Yaya as he was last season. They can replace his shirt number perhaps. He is a unique player & we wouldn't have won anything without his game changing antics last season. He will start to lose some pace & be even lazier tracking back, but personally I hope we sort it once he calms down, & are offering him a new deal two years from now, because he could still be a game changer for years to come if he gets his head together.

True Ted, I hope it gets sorted. He is a BIG player who doesnt go hiding in the big games.
FA Cup Semi final scores for us to win 1-0 (although it should have been 10)
FA cup final, scores the winner
1st Premier League title, steps up when we really need him in the run in, especially with the Newcastle brace
Capital one Cup scores the goal of the season to get us back level
2nd Prem league title, was a machine and would have got every accolade from the football writers and the players if he wasn't african (apparently)

I would keep him unless he really has lost the plot or a mind boggling bid came in for him
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Bluedj » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:38 am

With all the shit that has been spouted, true, untrue, whatever.......He was still my player of the season for what he did on the pitch and I'm sure many others.

As someone else has pointed out, he stepped up for the big games a seriously delivered at crucial times, without him I reckon we would have won fuck all.

Yes it's a team game and others should get mentioned, but if anyone can argue about some of his world class peformances or goals.......Bottom line is, he is world class.........and yes, rest him for the lower level games where he goes missing in......

Stats also show he played more games than any other player last year! If he stays lets use him accordingly
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Postby Moonchesteri » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:06 am

Sky Sports News @SkySportsNews

Yaya Toure tells #SSN that he will honour his contract at Man City & stay at the club as long as possible!

Tho MEN report that it's his agent who has opened his mouth again "He is 100 per sent staying with City next season, not PSG or anywhere else."

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-city-transfer-news-yaya-7452956
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:24 am

listen to his interview here

https://soundcloud.com/skysportsradio/y ... im-staying

he wants to stay and wants to thanks the fans
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:33 am

Cue 'it's only because PSG didn't want him' posts.

PSG incidentally are within their budget re UEFA sanctions so far.

Who would have thought it ? He's staying & wants to stay longer. Mind you, he did actually send out that message about 3 weeks ago, AFTER the cake fiasco.

If Yaya did an interview about baking a fucking cake or even playing football, it would be close to impossible to tell what the fuck he is going on about. He rambles like fuck. I doubt even his agent knew what hevwas going on about.

He's been through a tough time & I hope he can put it behind him & do what he does best. And I hope & believe the match going fans will support him & help him.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:39 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Cue 'it's only because PSG didn't want him' posts.

PSG incidentally are within their budget re UEFA sanctions so far.

Who would have thought it ? He's staying & wants to stay longer. Mind you, he did actually send out that message about 3 weeks ago, AFTER the cake fiasco.

If Yaya did an interview about baking a fucking cake or even playing football, it would be close to impossible to tell what the fuck he is going on about. He rambles like fuck. I doubt even his agent knew what hevwas going on about.

He's been through a tough time & I hope he can put it behind him & do what he does best. And I hope & believe the match going fans will support him & help him.

Can't for the life of me understand what Dimitri is going on about when he speaks either. Negotiations with these two must be a right head fuck.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby City64 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:50 am

Well thank fuck for that !

What a fucking midfield we have , what a season to look forward to .

Bring it fucking on !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Green & Blue » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:19 pm

Deep sigh of relief.They better celebrate his birthday in proper fashion next year.No matter what way you look at it we would be a lot weaker without Yaya.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby john@staustell » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:19 pm

Wasn't it always going to happen? Doesn't alter the fact him and his loon agent are a pair of muppets.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football ... and-United

YAYA TOURE has vowed to remain at Manchester City as he asked for an end to a summer of speculation

Premier League trio Chelsea, Liverpool and Manchester United have all been linked with a move for the commanding midfielder.

However, Toure and his representative Dimitri Seluk have confirmed that the Ivory Coast international intends to honour his contract - which runs until 2017 - at the Etihad Stadium.

"The fans have always been good to me, they've always been good to my family," Toure said. "I want to stay. I will always honour my contract.

"I don't think about all this speculation. It's a big pleasure to stay and enjoy the next season."

Toure's agent Seluk sparked speculation about his future just days after City lifted the Premier League title - claiming Toure was hurt by the club's failure to mark his birthday

But Toure described the speculation as "disappointing" as he said he owed a debt to City fans.

"Everything is fine now," he said. "There was a lot of speculation, you know. I think sometimes it's quite disappointing.

"I need to do something for the fans, it's important to let them know. They've done a lot for me. The team is preparing well and we will try to win again next season."

Seluk added: "I would like to say Yaya will stay at City. He won't go to any club. Everybody can stop speculation about this.

"Yaya will stay at Manchester City 100 per cent. He has a contract, he will work very hard and I hope this season he will be the best player in England
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:23 pm

City64 wrote:Well thank fuck for that !

What a fucking midfield we have , what a season to look forward to .

Bring it fucking on !

D'accord!
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:33 pm

I knew it , City have told him to fuckign behave or they will behave accordingly...Excellent.
Now we can get back to playing football.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Scatman » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:36 pm

His birthday clashes with the second leg of the champions league semi final next year. Let's hope it's a home tie so we can all chuck cakes at him.
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby guv111 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:38 pm

I'm happy he's staying as he's probably our one irreplaceable player.

He's sullied his reputation, though, and there will always be that petulance and childishness when he's regarded in years to come.
guv111
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Blue Since 76 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:49 pm

Like how he ends the speculation he started. And did he explain his cake rant like he promised?

It seems pretty clear the better offer didn't appear, so he'll do us a favour and play for us again. How wonderful.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby guv111 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:56 pm

Now we can get on with worrying about whether Aguero will stay, and if so whether he'll ever be consistently fit and as brilliant as he has been for most of his time at City.
guv111
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby mr_nool » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:09 pm

guv111 wrote:Now we can get on with worrying about whether Aguero will stay, and if so whether he'll ever be consistently fit and as brilliant as he has been for most of his time at City.

I picked Dzeko ahead of Aguero in my Fantasy team. I just fear that Aguero will be injured too often - especially at the start of the season. he really didn't look fit during the WC.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Slim » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:15 pm

mr_nool wrote:
guv111 wrote:Now we can get on with worrying about whether Aguero will stay, and if so whether he'll ever be consistently fit and as brilliant as he has been for most of his time at City.

I picked Dzeko ahead of Aguero in my Fantasy team. I just fear that Aguero will be injured too often - especially at the start of the season. he really didn't look fit during the WC.

If Edin can continue his form from the end of last season you'll be rolling in the points.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby phips » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:20 pm

let's just hope that Yaya really wants to stay and won't mope around.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus