Yaya again

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Yaya again

Postby littlebig » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:45 pm

guv111 wrote:I'm happy he's staying as he's probably our one irreplaceable player.

He's sullied his reputation, though, and there will always be that petulance and childishness when he's regarded in years to come.

Second this sentiment, great that he will still be serving our club, he's a top player who can not be replaced, he will continue to contribute to City's success.

However, he has made a tit out of himself and he has disrespected the club by airing those ridiculous comments in public. No player is bigger than the club so he better behave himself from now on.

And he has mentioned that he wants to give the love back to the fans, trying to get us back on side. Well, for me, he's blown that by disrespecting my club and he'll never have my love, respect yes, but love no.
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby zuricity » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:03 pm

According to newsnow. A link to IBTimes in India says Yaya 'SNUBS' united. Finally someone has snubbed them.Did Yaya go through this little pantomime just to snub the rags ?
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Dameerto » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:26 pm

littlebig wrote:
guv111 wrote:I'm happy he's staying as he's probably our one irreplaceable player.

He's sullied his reputation, though, and there will always be that petulance and childishness when he's regarded in years to come.

Second this sentiment, great that he will still be serving our club, he's a top player who can not be replaced, he will continue to contribute to City's success.

However, he has made a tit out of himself and he has disrespected the club by airing those ridiculous comments in public. No player is bigger than the club so he better behave himself from now on.

And he has mentioned that he wants to give the love back to the fans, trying to get us back on side. Well, for me, he's blown that by disrespecting my club and he'll never have my love, respect yes, but love no.

Thirded - he hasn't addressed the remark that besmirched the club, he hasn't even acknowledged it. Are we supposed to be grateful he has ended the transfer speculation that his camp is entirely responsible for creating in the first place?
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby blues2win » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:38 pm

One thing he could do is announce his retirement from international football. Otherwise we'll be without his services for 6 weeks. He's talked about it often enough.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby zuricity » Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:48 pm

blues2win wrote:One thing he could do is announce his retirement from international football. Otherwise we'll be without his services for 6 weeks. He's talked about it often enough.

Barkley can step in for him. Easy .
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:29 pm

i'll forgive him if he scores 20+ goals again this season
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:55 pm

Welcome back.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby lets all have a disco » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:13 pm

mr_nool wrote:
guv111 wrote:Now we can get on with worrying about whether Aguero will stay, and if so whether he'll ever be consistently fit and as brilliant as he has been for most of his time at City.

I picked Dzeko ahead of Aguero in my Fantasy team. I just fear that Aguero will be injured too often - especially at the start of the season. he really didn't look fit during the WC.

Sergio will be on holibobs for a fair few weeks eating plenty of steak and chips coming back nice an podgey ready to get properly fit and over his dodgy hammy strains.

Aguero WILL be our top scorer next season.

In relation to Yaya i'm glad he has come and squashed all this bollocks,he was immense last season and i want MCFC to squeeze every one of his best years out of him considering how influencial the big lump is.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Bluedj » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:20 am

Next season Yaya will be played in his favoured advanced role, so all you c@nts slagging him off, wind your f\\\\\'ckin necks in, fasten your seat bealt bealts and enjoy the Yaya master show............pr!@ks. lol ;-)
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:17 am

Bluedj wrote:Next season Yaya will be played in his favoured advanced role, so all you c@nts slagging him off, wind your f\\\\\'ckin necks in, fasten your seat bealt bealts and enjoy the Yaya master show............pr!@ks. lol ;-)

CUNTS,FUCKING,PRICKS

There you go.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Alex Sapphire » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:36 am

Dameerto wrote:
littlebig wrote:

Thirded - he hasn't addressed the remark that besmirched the club, he hasn't even acknowledged it. Are we supposed to be grateful he has ended the transfer speculation that his camp is entirely responsible for creating in the first place?

"Always been good to me, always been good to my family" not good enough for you.
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Slim » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:12 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:Maybe I'm getting a little caught up on you know, the whole never having won a trophy Yaya didn't have a huge hand in during my lifetime chestnut.\

Silly me, sack him. Some of the complete fuckwittery in this thread should be getting you cunts sacked from life. For example

best behind him. No shit like just this past season behind, looks like his prime to me.

Pogba can replace him. Guaranteed is it? That simple to replace the man we all agreed did a job like no other 4 months ago.

Win without him. Yeah which ones were they?

Now I'm not saying the day he goes it will all go tits up immediately and forever, but for fuck sake we do not sack our best player over a fucking whine about cake, money, hookers and blow or anything. Grow up you bunch of fucking spastics. I know it's the off season and I know Rag Hater is gone, but jesus Christ on a bike this is the dumbest shit I've read for a while.

I am not sure about sacking him, but I can come up with reasons to sell him.
1. The whole agent claims saga, not sure exactly what he wanted or what his agent wanted, but they wanted something and the whole thing smacked of insincerity from the beginning, I don't want another Tevez on our hands where every window we don't know if he staying or going or heading home for a 4 month golfing break. Do we hear David Silva ever pull this shit? Kompany? Zabs? No, the primadonna shit we endured for 5 years has left, I don't want a return ticket.
2. He's 31, just had the best season of his career and has 3 years left on his contract, right now he is worth as much as we'd ever hope to get for him. There has to be a question as to whether he can repeat the feat, and I doubt he could do it at any other team, as he'd have that whole settling in period and by the time they got the best out of him, he'd be 33 and looking towards a career after football.
3. FFP. I know we can afford to not sell him, but the fact is we have a nett spend limitation this season, you know even if the new TV deal and sponsorship puts us in the black, it makes no difference, we can only spend £49M. This hampers our efforts in other areas and the longer this centrehalf situation drags on, the more I am inclined to think the funds he'd free up would be better used elsewhere.
4. I know he is the best in the world at his position and not one player can hope to fill his shoes, but with Fernando, Fred, Milner and Garcia(and possibly Barkley or Pogba) in the central midfield, we're not entirely lacking for options. As dominating? No, but Pellers would adapt, spread the play to the fullbacks, Navas and Nasri more rather than barging through the middle, and allow Silva more room in the middle to dictate play.

I really didn't want him to leave, I know how good he is and how unique he is in world football, but saying there aren't reasons for moving him on is childish, as is your post.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dameerto » Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:44 pm

Alex Sapphire wrote:
Dameerto wrote:
littlebig wrote:

"Always been good to me, always been good to my family" not good enough for you.

You can read can't you?
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Alex Sapphire » Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:42 pm

Dameerto wrote:
Alex Sapphire wrote:
Dameerto wrote:
littlebig wrote:

You can read can't you?

Didn't know he'd written it down. I did listen to the whole interview though, thanks for asking
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:58 am

Slim wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:Maybe I'm getting a little caught up on you know, the whole never having won a trophy Yaya didn't have a huge hand in during my lifetime chestnut.\

Silly me, sack him. Some of the complete fuckwittery in this thread should be getting you cunts sacked from life. For example

best behind him. No shit like just this past season behind, looks like his prime to me.

Pogba can replace him. Guaranteed is it? That simple to replace the man we all agreed did a job like no other 4 months ago.

Now I'm not saying the day he goes it will all go tits up immediately and forever, but for fuck sake we do not sack our best player over a fucking whine about cake, money, hookers and blow or anything. Grow up you bunch of fucking spastics. I know it's the off season and I know Rag Hater is gone, but jesus Christ on a bike this is the dumbest shit I've read for a while.

1. The whole agent claims saga, not sure exactly what he wanted or what his agent wanted, but they wanted something and the whole thing smacked of insincerity from the beginning, I don't want another Tevez on our hands where every window we don't know if he staying or going or heading home for a 4 month golfing break. Do we hear David Silva ever pull this shit? Kompany? Zabs? No, the primadonna shit we endured for 5 years has left, I don't want a return ticket.
2. He's 31, just had the best season of his career and has 3 years left on his contract, right now he is worth as much as we'd ever hope to get for him. There has to be a question as to whether he can repeat the feat, and I doubt he could do it at any other team, as he'd have that whole settling in period and by the time they got the best out of him, he'd be 33 and looking towards a career after football.
3. FFP. I know we can afford to not sell him, but the fact is we have a nett spend limitation this season, you know even if the new TV deal and sponsorship puts us in the black, it makes no difference, we can only spend £49M. This hampers our efforts in other areas and the longer this centrehalf situation drags on, the more I am inclined to think the funds he'd free up would be better used elsewhere.
4. I know he is the best in the world at his position and not one player can hope to fill his shoes, but with Fernando, Fred, Milner and Garcia(and possibly Barkley or Pogba) in the central midfield, we're not entirely lacking for options. As dominating? No, but Pellers would adapt, spread the play to the fullbacks, Navas and Nasri more rather than barging through the middle, and allow Silva more room in the middle to dictate play.

I really didn't want him to leave, I know how good he is and how unique he is in world football, but saying there aren't reasons for moving him on is childish, as is your post.

I find it extremely hard to understand how we all want to win trophies, yet no player is beyond the "get rid" treatment on here. Every season we casually dismiss our best players constantly. Somedays it annoys me more than others.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:01 pm

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
Slim wrote:

I find it extremely hard to understand how we all want to win trophies, yet no player is beyond the "get rid" treatment on here. Every season we casually dismiss our best players constantly. Somedays it annoys me more than others.

I find it even harder to understand fans like you who come out with posts like this one.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dameerto » Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:48 pm

Alex Sapphire wrote:
Didn't know he'd written it down. I did listen to the whole interview though, thanks for asking

Then maybe you should try the 'L'Equipe' article which has been attributed directly to him with British journalists claiming to have read a full transcript. If you're not one of the 'youtube' generation that is. Mister goldfish memory.
VIVA EL CITIES

Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby getdressedmctavish » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:04 pm

YaYa lives in a Peter Pan world where fat lying agents and mega money and mega bollocks are the order of the day. He's a very valuable commodity. he can say and do as he wants so long as he delivers on the pitch.I expect that he realises that, particularly that he is a commodity. As many people have said, loyalty, love, respect etc is for fans, not players or managers.He's shown what he is. Now he needs to score a load of goals. He's gonna get a lot of "happy birthday's" when he does.
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby JamieMCFC » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:04 pm

Yaya Toure's birthday: Newspaper adds Toure's date of birth to list of important dates for the new Premier League season

A newspaper have not let Yaya Toure forget when he threw his toys out of the pram earlier this summer.

he Manchester City midfielder was rumoured to be on the verge of leaving the defending Premier League champions after the club were said to have forgotten his birthday (they didn't).

Toure's agent Dimitry Seluk said the Ivorian was unhappy with the club.

The story caused a media storm, with the public and the press criticising Toure for his childish outburst - City do pay him around £250,000-a-week after all.

Toure has now claimed he wants to stay at City "for as long as possible", but the Daily Express have not let him forget his outburst.

In a small panel that has the football season's important dates, the paper have humorously added Toure's birthday, 13 May.

Manchester City players reportedly left Toure furious when they supposedly put the mock calendar up in the dressing room - though these claims are yet to be backed up by any City player or member of staff.
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Moonchesteri » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:26 pm

Hah. Related, I'm expecting to see one or two of these at the Etihad this season

Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum