Hearts vs City

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Hearts vs City

Postby Invisible Man Fan » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:59 am

Who's going?

Was just looking at the tickets and £25 seems a little steep for what is going to be a glorified EDS friendly. I'll probably still go though
"If we fire our manager after just one bad season - We'll become Chelsea"
"If we think we can fix the problem by buying expensive players - We'll become City"
"If we remember the good times to entertain us during the bad times - We'll become Liverpool"

So, keep calm and do it the United way

"We invest in young players, That is what we are good at — we’re not like other clubs who can spend fortunes on proven goods. We know that Manchester City are going to pay stupid money, pay silly salaries and all that. We can’t do anything about it. We concentrate on what we can do to try to bring players in for the right reasons. We invest in those who will be with the club for a long time, who will create the character of the club, who will create excitement for our fans. We are very proud of that and we are going to continue that way" - Alex Ferguson 14th May 2012
Invisible Man Fan
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: City!!
My favourite player is: Alan

Re: Hearts vs City

Postby Camebro » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:27 am

Il be there. Hopefully those not at the World Cup kolarov, navas, negrado etc all get a run out alongside the EDS lot.
Camebro
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Current: zabba

Postby Invisible Man Fan » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:38 am

Just bought my tickets, that will be a nice 225 mile drive home :(
"If we think we can fix the problem by buying expensive players - We'll become City"
"If we remember the good times to entertain us during the bad times - We'll become Liverpool"

"We invest in young players, That is what we are good at — we’re not like other clubs who can spend fortunes on proven goods. We know that Manchester City are going to pay stupid money, pay silly salaries and all that. We can’t do anything about it. We concentrate on what we can do to try to bring players in for the right reasons. We invest in those who will be with the club for a long time, who will create the character of the club, who will create excitement for our fans. We are very proud of that and we are going to continue that way" - Alex Ferguson 14th May 2012
Invisible Man Fan
Superman's Underpants

Postby ross.mcfc » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:47 pm

I am going to the Dundee game on Sunday but there is no way I am giving Hearts 25 gbp to watch a City EDS. Total rip off. I hate friendlies at the best of times.

I understand City will be having an open to the public training session on the Thursday night for those of you in and around Edinburgh.
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Camebro » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:15 pm

Can't really blame hearts for trying capitalise on city coming to town with the state of their finances. I fancied Dundee as well but I'm off to TITP.
Camebro
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby mcfc1632 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:33 pm

This works out well - just been able to organise to be in Edinburgh for a couple of days work so I get paid for flight, hotel and food - and get to meet up with an old drinking buddy.

The season starts well
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Invisible Man Fan » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:08 am

I wish we had an office in Edinburgh, but I have to drive down to Oxford Tuesday to Thursday, and drive from Oxford to Manchester to pick the Mrs up and keep on going to Edinburgh, and then drive home after the match. Expenses for the Manchester to Oxford trip will cover the cost of the Edinburgh trip though so not too bad

Invisible Man Fan
Superman's Underpants

Postby mcfc1632 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:17 pm

Invisible Man Fan wrote:I wish we had an office in Edinburgh, but I have to drive down to Oxford Tuesday to Thursday, and drive from Oxford to Manchester to pick the Mrs up and keep on going to Edinburgh, and then drive home after the match. Expenses for the Manchester to Oxford trip will cover the cost of the Edinburgh trip though so not too bad

Not all bad then - but yeah - I have been lucky on this one. I see it as pay back for all the years of hurt!! Perversely, in some regards I miss all that travelling when you kept seeing the same faces - all there to support CITY but with no expectation........ but I guess that is the stuff of another thread.
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Invisible Man Fan » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:57 am

Players I reckon will be in the squad next week, most of them didn't go to the WC, but the likes of Hart, Dzeko, Milner & Silva who went out in the groups should be back by then I would have thought, it will be 3 weeks and 2/3 days since they last played, and I understand they all get 3 weeks off, but it wouldn't surprise me to see Silva given more of a rest with this ankle injury he has been carry for about 3 years

Micah Richards
Matija Nastasic
Aleks Kolarov
Stefan Jovetic
Dedryck Boyata
Gael Chichy
Scott Sinclair
Jack Rodwell
John Guidetti
Jesus Navas
Javi Garcia
Richard Wright
Alvaro Negredo
Joe Hart
James Milner
David Silva
Edin Dzeko
Willy Caballero???
Samir Nasri

Invisible Man Fan
Superman's Underpants

Postby deedoc » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:15 pm

I am a Dundee supporter and have my ticket for sunday just wondered if many city fans are travelling up
deedoc
Carlo Nash's Debut

Supporter of: dundee fc
My favourite player is: peter mc donald

Postby Invisible Man Fan » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:28 am

I've heard, not read officially, that we only have 1,000 seats, so I wouldn't imagine there will be that many coming up, and they are still on general sale on the site. I think we will sell our allocation though, we are fickle like that you see, we will pay £25 a ticket, do a 450 mile round trip and take a day off work just to watch City play a pre-season friendly on a Friday night

Invisible Man Fan
Superman's Underpants

Postby Camebro » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:43 am

I'm sure it was the OS that stated that the allocation was a 1000 seats before they went on sale. Fortunately for once, it's only a 30 mile trip for me.
Camebro
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Return to The Maine Football forum