Samir Nasri To Take £40k Per Week Pay Cut

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Samir Nasri To Take £40k Per Week Pay Cut

Postby King Kev » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:37 am

Would it be cynical to suggest that this is all about FFP and the rest will be paid to him in bonuses?

LINK
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Re: Samir Nasri To Take £40k Per Week Pay Cut

Postby craigmcfc » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:53 am

Not cynical at all, that's exactly what it's all about and I'm sure all contract extensions and new players contracts will be set out the exact same way.
I'm quite sure over the whole season Samir will be getting at least the same amount if not more once bonuses are paid.
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:57 am

King Kev wrote:Would it be cynical to suggest that this is all about FFP and the rest will be paid to him in bonuses?

LINK

Remember that it is being reported in what is ostensibly a comic. However, if reports over the last twelve months are true this is part of a trend that started last summer in which players are put on smaller salaries but huge bonuses. It helps with UEFA's anti-competition rules but was not brought in to get around them originally (probably).
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:00 am

fuck me. what genius came up with this performance related pay scheme??
revolutionary.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Dameerto » Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:02 pm

Remember the statement from the club about our acceptance of a settlement with UEFA - bonuses don't count toward the wage total for FFP. You can guarantee Nasri is on a net increase IF we maintain our performance as a club (and presumably if he maintains his own level of performance).
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Socrates » Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:18 pm

Dameerto wrote:Remember the statement from the club about our acceptance of a settlement with UEFA - bonuses don't count toward the wage total for FFP. You can guarantee Nasri is on a net increase IF we maintain our performance as a club (and presumably if he maintains his own level of performance).

We were already looking to do this sort of deal to meet the different rules of domestic FFP whereby wage bills can only increase by relatively small amounts but not including bonus payments. The similar agreement with UEFA makes a difference in the shorter term but we need this sort of structure for the long term anyway.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Dameerto » Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:32 pm

Socrates wrote:
Dameerto wrote:Remember the statement from the club about our acceptance of a settlement with UEFA - bonuses don't count toward the wage total for FFP. You can guarantee Nasri is on a net increase IF we maintain our performance as a club (and presumably if he maintains his own level of performance).

We were already looking to do this sort of deal to meet the different rules of domestic FFP whereby wage bills can only increase by relatively small amounts but not including bonus payments. The similar agreement with UEFA makes a difference in the shorter term but we need this sort of structure for the long term anyway.

It was introduced by the Spaniards, apparently shocked on arrival at the front-loaded nature of our contracts (although they were in turn needed to turn us from a mid table club into a club capable of challenging for the top four - mercenaries wouldn't join a mid table club on the promise of performance related pay obviously - so it left us with a legacy)
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby getdressedmctavish » Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:48 pm

Wonder what extravagance he'll be cutting out now....probably have to start using Isal and own brand instant
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Return to The Maine Football forum