Seems We Are In For Ross Barkley

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Seems We Are In For Ross Barkley

Postby Tru_Blu » Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:13 pm

I could see this as a replacement for Negredo. I think we can transform into a striker
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare."

Piers Morgan

Tru_Blu
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: oat-Rivaldo cur-KDB

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:13 pm

patrickblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Anybody reported that we're 'Ruining England Player' or 'City Are Over-Inflating The Market' yet?

They will Beefy, they will.

Seems crazy to me that they'd put a price of 25 mil on Barkley yet we've just seen Shaw go for 30 and if we did get him for 25 then the Rags would look absolute fools for paying that much.

Nothing will be said though and I'm sure the signing of Barkley will bring the best out of the media, in a bad way of course.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Tru_Blu » Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:14 pm

I could see this as a replacement for Negredo. I think we can transform into a striker
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare."

Piers Morgan

Tru_Blu
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: oat-Rivaldo cur-KDB

Postby Saul Goodman » Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:34 pm

sheblue wrote:It would be a very good signing but he will go for more than that.

We'd have to add 10m to that offer to even interest Everton
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby mr_nool » Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:41 pm

patrickblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Anybody reported that we're 'Ruining England Player' or 'City Are Over-Inflating The Market' yet?

They will Beefy, they will.

Well, Liverpool paid 25 for Lallana and Scum around 30 for Shaw, so we're just following the trend, not setting it.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Dameerto » Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:41 pm

Tru_Blu wrote:I could see this as a replacement for Negredo. I think we can transform into a striker

That's a bit too far forward for his talents, he can be an English Silva though, playing behind Negredo/Dzeko.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby michaelcityfan » Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:10 pm

Yes please if true that would be good for us. The count will bring even more out of him too.
michaelcityfan
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby MilnersJaw » Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:25 pm

english or not, definitely not worth 25 million.
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silver

Postby getdressedmctavish » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:48 pm

A total bollox story in my view. Neither Everton or Barkley are stupid enough to accept a low fee and Rodwell, or warm the bench respectively.Some journo's been on bluemoon I reckon.
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:55 pm

getdressedmctavish wrote:A total bollox story in my view. Neither Everton or Barkley are stupid enough to accept a low fee and Rodwell, or warm the bench respectively.Some journo's been on bluemoon I reckon.

Him leaving Everton is only matter of when not if.
Player that good available, and make no mistake if enough money is on the table he WILL be available, who would fill domestic quota and actually get to play. We should definitely be in the mix.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:15 pm

Great prospect. Wherever he goes just hope he's not an expensive bench warmer.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Original Dub » Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:54 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
getdressedmctavish wrote:A total bollox story in my view. Neither Everton or Barkley are stupid enough to accept a low fee and Rodwell, or warm the bench respectively.Some journo's been on bluemoon I reckon.

Him leaving Everton is only matter of when not if.
Player that good available, and make no mistake if enough money is on the table he WILL be available, who would fill domestic quota and actually get to play. We should definitely be in the mix.

Damn right.
Original Dub

Postby Original Dub » Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:56 am

LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:Great prospect. Wherever he goes just hope he's not an expensive bench warmer.

Well, if he ends up on any bench long term, then who cares?
Original Dub

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:13 am

Original Dub wrote:
LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:Great prospect. Wherever he goes just hope he's not an expensive bench warmer.

Well, if he ends up on any bench long term, then who cares?

interesting
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Slim » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:30 am

I agree with my brother in seeing how he fits into the lineup, but even saying that, YES PLEASE.

Limited appearances so far but what a player, wonder if he could line up behind the striker in a 4-5-1. Or deeper back than Yaya in the same formation.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:44 am

We have a lot of midfielders already at the club.

Milner, Nasri, Silva, Fernando, Yaya, Fernandinho, Navas, Garcia, Rodwell.

Jovetic is arguably an attacking midfielder (no 10) rather than a forward. Also the likes of Lopez and Huws who will be on loan this season but may feature next season mean we have a good ten players in midfield. If we were to sign Barkley it would mean losing at least two from the current rosta to make do financially. Rodwell and Garcia are the obvious choices but will we sell them? Garcia I reckon could be sold, but Rodwell? We can't be paying the salaries of dead wood. Also, does Sinclair return to us from WBA this summer?

Good player though he is, is he better than what we have in situ, or are we paying for potential greatness in a couple of years? A lot of money if it's the latter. Wasn't Rodwell once touted as the next best thing about three years ago? Look at him now. Barkley is only a serious injury away from possibly not fulfilling potential.

Are we better in splashing out serious cash on a proven guy like Vidal or Pogba if we think midfield is an area we need to improve on
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:50 am

A class player and English. Yes please. This lad is gonna be a star.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:13 am

nottsblue wrote:We have a lot of midfielders already at the club.

Milner, Nasri, Silva, Fernando, Yaya, Fernandinho, Navas, Garcia, Rodwell.

Jovetic is arguably an attacking midfielder (no 10) rather than a forward. Also the likes of Lopez and Huws who will be on loan this season but may feature next season mean we have a good ten players in midfield. If we were to sign Barkley it would mean losing at least two from the current rosta to make do financially. Rodwell and Garcia are the obvious choices but will we sell them? Garcia I reckon could be sold, but Rodwell? We can't be paying the salaries of dead wood. Also, does Sinclair return to us from WBA this summer?

Good player though he is, is he better than what we have in situ, or are we paying for potential greatness in a couple of years? A lot of money if it's the latter. Wasn't Rodwell once touted as the next best thing about three years ago? Look at him now. Barkley is only a serious injury away from possibly not fulfilling potential.

Are we better in splashing out serious cash on a proven guy like Vidal or Pogba if we think midfield is an area we need to improve on

Garcia and Rodwell are irrelevant and should both be leaving. Navas is out and out winger if I ever saw one and used us as sort of situational player in our system. Milner is jack of all trades laster of none and not starting line up quality player although brilliant player to have on the bench (and English). That leaves us with Silva, Yaya, Fernandinho, Fernando (unknown commodity) and Nasri (will it be Nasri of last year and a half or will he revert back to what he was before). Considering that we usually employ four man midfield (sometimes five) and the fact that all five players are rarely available for selection same time and that we are aiming to play close to 60 games during the season there is definitely need for him. Also, notice that we usually play 4-2-2-2 and only Silva and Nasri are naturally suited to playing in that attacking midfield tandem. Despite numbers, central attacking midfielder is actually our biggest need alongside centerback.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Moonchesteri » Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:44 pm

A playmaker to cover (eventually replace) Silva has been on my wish list for the past three years now. If Pelle & spafia think Barkley could be that player then pay what it takes to get him.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby PeterParker » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:28 pm

I think this is clear as day that if the rumour is true and we are after Barkley, Yaya is going.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum