Was Les Chapman The City 'Leak'?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Was Les Chapman The City 'Leak'?

Postby CTID Hants » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:09 am

john68 wrote:KK,

Having opened the can of worms mate, maybe it would be a good idea to state where you read this.

Chappy retired and the club gave him a good send off. Then they rehired him in another capacity.

That doesn't seem to equate with an employee who is considered to be a loose (mouthed) cannon, damaging the club.

Especially as his new role is part of the media team......... http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=yout ... HepxYt-C3A
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:40 am

This thread has to be right up there with our most cynical and paranoid.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Herb » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:16 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Herb wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Herb wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Chappers definately let the cat of the bag a couple of times but that comes with the character that he is.

A loose mouth and a liability who will undermine his colleagues, his club and the success they seek by being a stupid billy big bollocks who feeds matters that should stay locked in the changing room to the press?

Sounds like you have him buttoned as having the character of a despicable arsehole Beefy.

Things he has done to team spirit and passing on what beingva Blue means to players far outweight sole silly leaked stories.

Legend.

No problem with him being a clown but if he's been leaking confidential information to the press to big himself up then then that might be what being a blue is about in your world but it's down as being a twat that we should avoid in mine because twats who undermine their club are twats we can do without.

If true then he's a legend of a twat Mr Disco.

Leaked what to media? I haven't seen any super major reveals in recent years. He wasn't privy to any major transfer dealings. We are probably talking about some training ground stuff. What happened most likely was that he knew some media people personally and slipped something. I've had the "pleasure" of doing some work related stuff with journos few times and all journos are slimeballs who try and act all pally and if you say something to them they twist your words to suit whatever story they had in mind in the first place and if you don't say shit they just make stuff up.

Whoa Mr Disco, I didn't say he'd done anything wrong. What I did make plain, in response to statements published by the thread author, was that if the accusations of him deliberately leaking inside information to the press were true then that would be an unforgivable twats trick. As example, all the training ground stuff leaked about Mario was effective in turning our club into a media circus and was very damaging, if you remember rightly, and probably cost us many millions in sponsorship deals that were price affected by the reputation damage that 'leaker' caused.
I also respect that the clubs actions appear to demonstrate that they have a different view to Mr Kev and I hope that this is nothing more than Mr Kev deciding to spread a few stupid rumours and not realising the damage he was causing to an innocent mans reputation by doing so. However, if as you seem to suggest, he was as daft as to leak a few bits of training ground gossip to his mates in the media then he is a leaker and deserves the label.
If we had De Gea and the rags had Hart, we'd be top with a 9 point lead and they'd be in 12th place - that's the difference between a 'good' keeper and a 'top class' keeper - 12 places - think about it.
Herb
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: City super City
My favourite player is: NOT Howler Hart!

Postby King Kev » Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:22 pm

I haven't spread any rumours (stupid or otherwise), I have only reported what I have heard and asked if is true.

Neither have I said anything derogatory about Chappy or expressed any negative views of him.

It seems from the replies that nobody actually knows if the allegations are true or not.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:29 pm

King Kev wrote:I haven't spread any rumours (stupid or otherwise), I have only reported what I have heard and asked if is true.

Neither have I said anything derogatory about Chappy or expressed any negative views of him.

It seems from the replies that nobody actually knows if the allegations are true or not.

I don't even know what they are exactly? Can you elaborate at all?
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee

Supporter of: City!

Postby King Kev » Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:48 pm

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
King Kev wrote:I haven't spread any rumours (stupid or otherwise), I have only reported what I have heard and asked if is true.

I don't even know what they are exactly? Can you elaborate at all?

The allegations that I read/heard (NOT the allegations I am making) are that Les Chapman regularly released information to the press, Ian Ladyman in particular, that maybe should not have been released.

These include the Mario Balotelli dart throwing incident (that took place inside and could not be viewed by the press outside) and that there was unrest amongst the players during the end of the Mancini era.

These stories, and others, obviously came from a source within the club and some people seem to be under the impression that Chapman was that source.

The reason for the thread was to ask if anybody else had heard these rumours and if there was any truth in them - not to damage Chapman's reputation unnecessarily.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby bigblue » Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:29 pm

No matter what you say, you are spreading rumors that degrade a great club employee. Thinking harder before posting shite like this
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only

Postby ant london » Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:01 pm

ban him....then burn him
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby King Kev » Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:07 pm

bigblue wrote:No matter what you say, you are spreading rumors that degrade a great club employee. Thinking harder before posting shite like this

Learn to read.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:53 pm

King Kev wrote:
bigblue wrote:No matter what you say, you are spreading rumors that degrade a great club employee. Thinking harder before posting shite like this

Learn to read.

I don't see the issue in discussing this, just as we've discussed every other thing on the club. Whether Chappers has been tongue wagging or not makes no difference, the fact that it's been brought out into the open raises questions.

Personally I think he's been sending text's/snippets to the media for years and he didn't actually retire, he was actually pushed into a new role*.

*Only joking of course but let's see who bites ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby twosips » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:30 pm

Who really gives a fuck if he was or not?
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Herb » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:57 pm

You should read your post back to yourself Mr Kev because you effectively state for the record that you heard an unsubstantiated rumour with no source quoted and then you decided to spread that stupid rumour by opening a thread specifically dedicated to it.

At the next salute you state that you haven't spread any rumours (stupid or otherwise). Weird huh?

Well I can easily accept that you could've dropped a clanger (we're all guilty of that one and me more than most) but your emphatic denial of the obvious is just plain silly.
If we had De Gea and the rags had Hart, we'd be top with a 9 point lead and they'd be in 12th place - that's the difference between a 'good' keeper and a 'top class' keeper - 12 places - think about it.
Herb
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: City super City
My favourite player is: NOT Howler Hart!

Postby hartfordsheartbeat » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:57 pm

Is he another long term injury? I've never seen him play that i can recall! Image
hartfordsheartbeat

Postby london blue 2 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:37 pm

How dare you KK, les has always been a good chap man.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:42 pm

Ian Ladyman is a cunt. And that is not a rumour.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby dazby » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:44 pm

I think KK should write a blog article on the topic.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby sandman » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:43 am

Herb wrote:

You should read your post back to yourself Mr Kev because you effectively state for the record that you heard an unsubstantiated rumour with no source quoted and then you decided to spread that stupid rumour by opening a thread specifically dedicated to it.

At the next salute you state that you haven't spread any rumours (stupid or otherwise). Weird huh?

Well I can easily accept that you could've dropped a clanger (we're all guilty of that one and me more than most) but your emphatic denial of the obvious is just plain silly.

This ^^

If you don't have the decency to name your source when casting aspersions then you shouldn’t post rumours. This is as bad as making it up yourself, or maybe you have?

This thread has only muddied the name of Les Chapman, whether stated, implied or just speculated this thread proves it is human nature to believe speculation and in starting this thread many have cast a doubt on the honesty and integrity of one of City's most loyal employees.
sandman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby ruralblue » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:57 am

Two pages and no reference to Chappy doing City's dirty laundry in public. Shame on the lot of ya!
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:09 am

ruralblue wrote:Two pages and no reference to Chappy doing City's dirty laundry in public. Shame on the lot of ya!

he should have know it would all come out in the wash eventually....
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Chinners » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:13 am

Top bollox KK ;)
Chinners
Donated to the site