Was Les Chapman The City 'Leak'?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Was Les Chapman The City 'Leak'?

Postby King Kev » Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:05 am

I have read recently that Les Chapman was responsible for a lot of inside information finding its way to the media.

Info that he allegedly leaked included injury updates, Balotelli stories and other information that could only have come from within the club. I have even seen him referred to as Ian Ladyman's 'bitch'.

This is all new to me, has anybody else heard anything about this? Is there any truth to the allegations?
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Re: Was Les Chapman The City 'Leak'?

Postby City64 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:23 am

In the recent inside city documentary on TV chapman did speak about a couple dressing room incidents involving Tevez , Mario and Aguero . Can't for one second the powers that be at MCFC seeing and hearing this go public .............. Chapman shown the door very soon and suddenly after this programme , maybe coincidence ?
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:45 am

Chappers definately let the cat of the bag a couple of times but that comes with the character that he is.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Herb » Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:20 am

Beefymcfc wrote:Chappers definately let the cat of the bag a couple of times but that comes with the character that he is.

A loose mouth and a liability who will undermine his colleagues, his club and the success they seek by being a stupid billy big bollocks who feeds matters that should stay locked in the changing room to the press?

Sounds like you have him buttoned as having the character of a despicable arsehole Beefy.
If we had De Gea and the rags had Hart, we'd be top with a 9 point lead and they'd be in 12th place - that's the difference between a 'good' keeper and a 'top class' keeper - 12 places - think about it.
Herb
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: City super City
My favourite player is: NOT Howler Hart!

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:31 am

Herb wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Chappers definately let the cat of the bag a couple of times but that comes with the character that he is.

A loose mouth and a liability who will undermine his colleagues, his club and the success they seek by being a stupid billy big bollocks who feeds matters that should stay locked in the changing room to the press?

Sounds like you have him buttoned as having the character of a despicable arsehole Beefy.

Seems a nice chap but he does crave the attention. Nothing wrong with that and he brought something to the dressing room/training ground, but by his very nature he's going to want to have an audience and if that means capturing their attention by pulling funny faces, wearing silly clothes or by mentioning a few things from behind the scenes, it's all good in his book.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:51 pm

Herb wrote:

Things he has done to team spirit and passing on what beingva Blue means to players far outweight sole silly leaked stories.

Legend.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Herb » Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:07 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Herb wrote:

Things he has done to team spirit and passing on what beingva Blue means to players far outweight sole silly leaked stories.

Legend.

No problem with him being a clown but if he's been leaking confidential information to the press to big himself up then then that might be what being a blue is about in your world but it's down as being a twat that we should avoid in mine because twats who undermine their club are twats we can do without.

If true then he's a legend of a twat Mr Disco.
If we had De Gea and the rags had Hart, we'd be top with a 9 point lead and they'd be in 12th place - that's the difference between a 'good' keeper and a 'top class' keeper - 12 places - think about it.
Herb
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:49 pm

Is this all speculation or is there any form of harder evidence ??

Wouldn't be fair to slag 'Chappy' off if he's innocent of such claims.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:02 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:Is this all speculation or is there any form of harder evidence ??

Wouldn't be fair to slag 'Chappy' off if he's innocent of such claims.

When has that stopped us ;-)

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby john68 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:17 pm

KK,

Having opened the can of worms mate, maybe it would be a good idea to state where you read this.

Chappy retired and the club gave him a good send off. Then they rehired him in another capacity.

That doesn't seem to equate with an employee who is considered to be a loose (mouthed) cannon, damaging the club.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:03 pm

Give over the hatchet job on a long standing club servent. Pathetic.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Herb » Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:13 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Give over the hatchet job on a long standing club servent. Pathetic.

My thought was that he was a good guy but there are some pretty vicious revelations being bandied about on here.

Either he wasn't the leak, in which case he should be exonerated, or he was the leak (as some are saying and as is the topic of the thread) in which case he's not the good guy I had him labelled as.

Can't be both can he and you're right Mr No.1 inasmuch as it's obvious to see that the club have lavished the kind of love on him that they wouldn't readily dole out to those who undermine all we seek to achieve.
Herb
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Dameerto » Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:02 pm

It doesn't seem likely the club would rehire him (even in a different capacity) if they thought he deliberately knowingly gave out information about the team, so either they believe he accidentally leaked info and/or was being manipulated by outside people, or they don't think he was the source of the leaks at all.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:13 pm

Chappy is a class act around the club and is classed by many as a City Legend.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:59 pm

Herb wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Herb wrote:

Legend.

No problem with him being a clown but if he's been leaking confidential information to the press to big himself up then then that might be what being a blue is about in your world but it's down as being a twat that we should avoid in mine because twats who undermine their club are twats we can do without.

If true then he's a legend of a twat Mr Disco.

Leaked what to media? I haven't seen any super major reveals in recent years. He wasn't privy to any major transfer dealings. We are probably talking about some training ground stuff. What happened most likely was that he knew some media people personally and slipped something. I've had the "pleasure" of doing some work related stuff with journos few times and all journos are slimeballs who try and act all pally and if you say something to them they twist your words to suit whatever story they had in mind in the first place and if you don't say shit they just make stuff up.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:02 pm

Was he the one who leaked 'Mancini-gate'?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Slim » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:28 am

Woah, settle the fuck down. Chappy is a City INSTITUTION. Fuck this legend crap, he is part of the soul of this club and until there is hard fucking evidence of anything approaching this shitstain of a thread, you can all watch your fucking mouths(and fingers).
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby King Kev » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:00 am

I wasn't looking to carry out a character assassination on Chappy, I think he is brilliant (and went to his Testimonial at Edgely Park) and I know the players love him.

I am just concerned that these stories are going around and wondered if there is any truth to them, I really hope there isn't as it would tarnish my opinion of him.

I first saw a discussion on Twitter (I know, I know) between about 10 people where several of them were expressing their dislike for Chappy and making accusations that he is a sneaky media whore. I was surprised to read this so asked a few of my City mates if they had ever heard anything, and a few said that they had and thought it was common knowledge.

This made me curious as to why I had never heard these rumours before and wonder if there was any truth in them.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Slim » Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:45 am

Well if it was on Twitter...my apologies.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:01 am

King Kev wrote:I wasn't looking to carry out a character assassination on Chappy, I think he is brilliant (and went to his Testimonial at Edgely Park) and I know the players love him.

I am just concerned that these stories are going around and wondered if there is any truth to them, I really hope there isn't as it would tarnish my opinion of him.

I first saw a discussion on Twitter (I know, I know) between about 10 people where several of them were expressing their dislike for Chappy and making accusations that he is a sneaky media whore. I was surprised to read this so asked a few of my City mates if they had ever heard anything, and a few said that they had and thought it was common knowledge.

This made me curious as to why I had never heard these rumours before and wonder if there was any truth in them.

Who were these dozen or so people? People within the club are some random dudes?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum