Verminous Vickery

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Verminous Vickery

Postby dazby » Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:03 pm

Actually, I think Corluka was here then and he was rated higher.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Dameerto » Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:23 pm

dazby wrote:You do know that the majority of posters on here rated Micah as the better right back in Zabba's first season. Zabs first season wasn't that awesome. It's entirely plausible that he wasn't rated.

His flaws (when he arrived with us) were a 'hot head' and not much of an attacking threat - he had promise though, and was generally solid defensively. Anyone not rating him deserves to be out of a job. His progress has been meteoric (to use a cliche) particularly in his attacking play and anyone failing to give him credit for it similarly deserves to change their job too, I would recommend washing up for a living.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:27 pm

Dameerto wrote:
dazby wrote:You do know that the majority of posters on here rated Micah as the better right back in Zabba's first season. Zabs first season wasn't that awesome. It's entirely plausible that he wasn't rated.

His flaws (when he arrived with us) were a 'hot head' and not much of an attacking threat - he had promise though, and was generally solid defensively. Anyone not rating him deserves to be out of a job. His progress has been meteoric (to use a cliche) particularly in his attacking play and anyone failing to give him credit for it similarly deserves to change their job too, I would recommend washing up for a living.

I think that's a fair assessment of his initial weaknesses. In that first season it would be fair to have seen him mainly as a back up. To his credit he has improved every season, tempered his rashness without losing his commitment, and developed an ability to read the game. So he is an entirely different prospect now.if Vickery is quoting comments from his first season that is an unhelpful anachronism.

Far too much time wasted on Vickery's opinions, however, so I will say no more.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Blue Since 76 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:26 am

Bet the millionaire Zaba is crying in his trophy room, hugging his two Premier League winner's medals, FA Cup winner's medal and Carling Cup Winner's medal.

Oh, hang on, he's busy in Brazil preparing for a World Cup semi final as Argentina's first choice right back. Wish I'd been that untalented as a full back.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby BmoreBlue » Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:49 pm

dazby wrote:Actually, I think Corluka was here then and he was rated higher.

Zabba was bought to replace Corluka when we sold him to Spurs, at a slightly lower price I believe.

As said before, Zabba hardly looked a world beater his first season here - prone to giving away silly free kicks in dangerous positions, acquiring yellow cards, and not the threat he is now to get into the box and cut it back for an assist.

Credit to him he's miles better than he was, and while he may not have been highly rated when City bought him, he'd make anyone's short list of best right backs.
BmoreBlue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:15 pm

Dim Tim has been at it again on TalkSpite

[quote]"Vickery yesterday singled out Fernandinho for ridicule,barely mentioning any other Brazil players,even Matt Holland asked what was the best thing to keep the Germany team happy and keep team spirit for the final. He said give them a cake or they'll throw a strop...."[/quote]
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:24 pm

johnny crossan wrote:Dim Tim has been at it again on TalkSpite

"Vickery yesterday singled out Fernandinho for ridicule,barely mentioning any other Brazil players,even Matt Holland asked what was the best thing to keep the Germany team happy and keep team spirit for the final. He said give them a cake or they'll throw a strop....

TalkSport, you say?

Quite simply, most of the media are there to fanfare their own clubs and those clubs are the ones that give them some sort of return. For those they believe to be crashing the party then they will do all in their power to ensure our clubs name is not put across in any decent light.

The old saying 'Keep the buggers down' springs to mind here but without really thinking it through that our owners are not in the same league as previous upstarts.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:02 pm

"Vickery yesterday singled out Fernandinho for ridicule,barely mentioning any other Brazil players,even Matt Holland asked what was the best thing to keep the Germany team happy and keep team spirit for the final. He said give them a cake or they'll throw a strop...."[/quote]

I wouldn't wipe my arse with that radio station (if, indeed, it was possible to wipe one's arse with a radio station). Vickery was on RTE Radio yesterday morning telling us about Brazil and I haven't heard that degree of banality since I last listened to Graham Taylor.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:52 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:

"Vickery yesterday singled out Fernandinho for ridicule,barely mentioning any other Brazil players,even Matt Holland asked what was the best thing to keep the Germany team happy and keep team spirit for the final. He said give them a cake or they'll throw a strop...."[/quote]

I wouldn't wipe my arse with that radio station (if, indeed, it was possible to wipe one's arse with a radio station). Vickery was on RTE Radio yesterday morning telling us about Brazil and I haven't heard that degree of banality since I last listened to Graham Taylor.

those were the days eh?

;-)
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:11 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:

those were the days eh?

;-)

You said it, bro!
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum