Bruno Zuculini

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Bruno Zuculini

Postby Lee_R » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:48 pm

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... ty-7368077

Excited? 21 but not ready to start :/
Lee_R
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David White

Re: Bruno Zuculini

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:58 pm

Lee_R wrote:http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/bruno-zuculini-sign-manchester-city-7368077

Excited? 21 but not ready to start :/

I'm not terribly excited. If he was worth a shit how did he escape the scouting network of major clubs until now?

Probably a goofy favor to help out someone in a quid pro quo type of deal for who knows what.

I'd love to be wrong about him but how has he flown under the radar? Bear in mind that it does happen, so....

Good luck to the zucchini kid. Hope his faith doesn't get squashed early and often.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Florida Blue » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:50 pm

Isn't this a player City have been after for a long time? Maybe everyone else knew they couldn't compete, you negative fucker. Now go drink some local brew to celebrate our separation from the motherland, although is it something you are unhappy about?
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I am all out of bubblegum.
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:35 am

So did Lambert. I see what you are saying, however the fact is there are decent players if teams have an imagination, Pellers seems to have a way with getting a tune out of players, this lad might well be on his way to Wigan with Uwe or Spain say for a year.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Dameerto » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:07 pm

I think we'll flip him for a profit after a season or two.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby jimtolmie_tache » Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:06 pm

I watched him playing for Racing Club on YouTube, all the Argentinian domestic league matches are shown on there.

Sorry, but I just didn't see what the fuss was about. The standard of the league there now is Championship. The games are boring, there are hardly any players I would ever see playing in the Premier League, and the atmosphere beyond the biggest clubs is non-existent: no away fans allowed because of hooligans.

He just looked an average player in a shite league. Something fishy about signing him.
jimtolmie_tache
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:43 pm

And yet we have 5 Argentinians at City & loads more playing for & signing for top clubs around Europe.

Spooky.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby nottsblue » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:45 pm

And the National side is in the semi final of the World Cup with a very real chance of success. Argentinian football seems to be doing all right methinks
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby jimtolmie_tache » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:22 pm

Well they've reached the semi-finals with players who were in their domestic league five to ten years ago. It was pretty good in those days. Aguero was already a top name at 17, Tevez too. River Plate seemed to have a conveyor belt of brilliant players - Aimar, Saviola, Ortega etc. Their best player today is... Teo, the Colombian World Cup star.

I don't see anything like Aguero/Tevez in the Argentinian league that I've seen today. They start showing it on YouTube and you think 'this is gonna be good, we'll see some players here', but I didn't see very much at all. I think people want to think that everyone we sign who we haven't really heard of is gonna be fantastic, but I've watched him a couple of times, and he didn't stand out and that was in rather boring games.
jimtolmie_tache
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby JamieMCFC » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:10 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:I'm not terribly excited. If he was worth a shit how did he escape the scouting network of major clubs until now?

Probably a goofy favor to help out someone in a quid pro quo type of deal for who knows what.

I'd love to be wrong about him but how has he flown under the radar? Bear in mind that it does happen, so....

Good luck to the zucchini kid. Hope his faith doesn't get squashed early and often.

Cheers

The president of Argentine side Racing Club Victor Blanco says that midfield starlet Bruno Zuculini has agreed a deal with Manchester City.

The 20-year-old is considered one of the best young prospects in South American football and a host of Europe's elite sides have been chasing him.

However, Blanco says that Zuculini will be heading to the Etihad Stadium in June.

"Every season Racing puts together a side to battle for the title, and then nothing happens," Blanco admitted to Argentine newspaper El Dia.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... o-zuculini
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:08 am

JamieMCFC wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:I'm not terribly excited. If he was worth a shit how did he escape the scouting network of major clubs until now?

Cheers

The president of Argentine side Racing Club Victor Blanco says that midfield starlet Bruno Zuculini has agreed a deal with Manchester City.

The 20-year-old is considered one of the best young prospects in South American football and a host of Europe's elite sides have been chasing him.

However, Blanco says that Zuculini will be heading to the Etihad Stadium in June.

"Every season Racing puts together a side to battle for the title, and then nothing happens," Blanco admitted to Argentine newspaper El Dia.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... o-zuculini

Lol

Considered by whom? And the three million deal wasn't exactly after bidding war.

Something tells me there's more to this than meets the eye. Loan him out and sell after few years for profit?
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby john@staustell » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:42 am

Maybe if we loan him out to Melbourne and they buy him for 100M quid.

Job done.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:58 am

jimtolmie_tache wrote:Well they've reached the semi-finals with players who were in their domestic league five to ten years ago. It was pretty good in those days. Aguero was already a top name at 17, Tevez too. River Plate seemed to have a conveyor belt of brilliant players - Aimar, Saviola, Ortega etc. Their best player today is... Teo, the Colombian World Cup star.

I don't see anything like Aguero/Tevez in the Argentinian league that I've seen today. They start showing it on YouTube and you think 'this is gonna be good, we'll see some players here', but I didn't see very much at all. I think people want to think that everyone we sign who we haven't really heard of is gonna be fantastic, but I've watched him a couple of times, and he didn't stand out and that was in rather boring games.

Which is more ridiculous ? Believing that a kid Txixi signs for City may be a prospect, or writing him off without ever seeing him play, or watching a couple of games on Youtube & expecting him to stand out in a team which finished near the bottom of the league ?

I've also watched him on Youtube & seen qualities in him which perfectly suit the way City want to play, & a natural ability to make the kind of late runs from deep into the six yard box, which Robson, Bell, etc used to make. Nobody in City's first team currently does that. He seems to be skillful, quick & tough & potentially have a decent engine on him.

According to regular watchers, his team have been like shit last season & he lost form once City moved for him at Christmas.

We have signed this kid because he is a prospect in his position & he will go up against similar prospects we already have. If he impresses, he will get a chance, if he doesn't he will get moved on, probably at a profit, same as the others.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Saul Goodman » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:10 pm

Fully signed today
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:12 pm

http://mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2014/August/Zuculini-completes-City-move
Bruno Zuculini has today completed his move to City.

The highly rated 21-year-old Argentina Under-20 international joins from Racing Club, for whom he has made 92 appearances, scoring 10 goals.

He has been with the Club during the Club’s pre-season tours of Scotland and the USA, and has impressed in midfield during the games for Manuel Pellegrini’s side, scoring in the friendly against Kansas City

“I’m very excited about the future,” said Zuculini. “I am looking forward to the experiences which this move will bring and to improving myself as a player.

The midfielder, whose brother Franco has won one full cap for Argentina, is viewed as one for the future. He will wear the number 36 shirt and is available for selection at Sunday's Community Shield clash against Arsenal at Wembley.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby blues2win » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:24 pm

Zuculini's father apparently confirms a half season loan to Sunderland.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby michaelcityfan » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:44 pm

If keep him he was one of the few players to acquit himself in the community shield.
michaelcityfan
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:53 pm

What are people's thoughts re Zuculini?

I think he should be kept around and get his chances. He seems to me like a smart player who has a good eye for when to make a good interception and when to run forward and pounce at chances. His speed might be a question mark as younger players need it in order to make up for lack of experience but I feel this is a guy who make the grade. Not considering what system a Pep Guardiola might employ, of course.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Dameerto » Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:57 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:What are people's thoughts re Zuculini?

I think he should be kept around and get his chances. He seems to me like a smart player who has a good eye for when to make a good interception and when to run forward and pounce at chances. His speed might be a question mark as younger players need it in order to make up for lack of experience but I feel this is a guy who make the grade. Not considering what system a Pep Guardiola might employ, of course.

He's been first team standard every time I've seen him play, and I think he was one of the differences in the two halves against Stuttgart. We would be daft not to use him. The only problem is that we have five midfielders if we use him but that wouldn't be an issue if we used three central midfielders for at least some games, and Delph's injury might give him some game time early on.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:03 pm

He's been much better than I thought. Should he be in the first team instead of Garcia or Lopes? No.

Another loan or what? It still seems like a bizarro signing a year on.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum