City open to cut price offers for Richards

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: City open to cut price offers for Richards

Postby Slim » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:34 pm

WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:Slim, you're assuming that Milner will even stay with City, since there has been a very unsettling trend of English players being pushed to the fringes or sold, by the current football directors. If Willy Caballero is hired as a goalkeeper, City could wind up being one of the only Premier League teams without a single English player in the starting eleven. I want City to continue winning, but I will be deeply unhappy and uncomfortable if the team's directors only view English players as token, back-up players.

There is another thread worth discussing right there, but not now, now I need to get to work, NATA is coming. The NATA is dark and full of terrors.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:37 pm

Bianchi on Ice wrote:
WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:Slim, you're assuming that Milner will even stay with City, since there has been a very unsettling trend of English players being pushed to the fringes or sold, by the current football directors. If Willy Caballero is hired as a goalkeeper, City could wind up being one of the only Premier League teams without a single English player in the starting eleven. I want City to continue winning, but I will be deeply unhappy and uncomfortable if the team's directors only view English players as token, back-up players.

Mate, if they arent good enough or robust enough to last the course there is no point in keeping them. Shaw and Lallana have cost over 50m between them and neither would get into the City side. Hopefully, in years to come City will have a home-grown english core, but now, bar one or two, it just isnt feasible.

Spot on.

Moreover, given Micah's injury record, I'm not convinced there's going to be a 'stampede' of (supposedly big ??) Clubs lining up to sign him.

Could be wrong but he could prove to be an expensive risk.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:46 pm

Bianchi, you seem to have completely forgotten that City must have a certain quota of home-grown or English-trained players. Sorry, but I don't think acquiring Sagna & extending Boyata's contract, are better options than keeping Milner and Richards!!
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby dazby » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:13 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:Bianchi, you seem to have more confidence in Sagna than I ever will. Micah Richards has a far better chance of successfully covering for Zabaleta, since he's already played for the team and will need no time to settle in and learn how City play! I certainly wouldn't let Micah leave, before seeing just how Sagna fits in and how quickly he can adjust to City's style! City's directors seem to have a bad habit of letting experienced players go, before they've actually tested the replacements!

City are just about to open this record-setting new academy complex... How criminal will it be if the greatest symbol of City's academy leading to first team play is no longer with City to help open the new academy? What message does it send to potential new academy signings, if Micah's loyalty isn't valued enough to be persuaded to stay?!

You've lost it. Go throw up and have a nap. Wake up....rub one out and try life again on a new day.

Weirdo.

Cheers

I like this post. Screw you Doodles.
Last edited by dazby on Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Dameerto » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:03 am

WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:Bianchi, you seem to have completely forgotten that City must have a certain quota of home-grown or English-trained players. Sorry, but I don't think acquiring Sagna & extending Boyata's contract, are better options than keeping Milner and Richards!!

We have the five players we need for the coming season for our reduced European squad size - without Rodwell and Richards and with Milner. I haven't seen anything from Milner himself suggesting he wants to leave (and I won't give the utterances of lazy journalists with their anti-City agenda and lack of quotes the time of day).
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Two's Kompany » Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:40 am

I'm a big fan of Richards, but the truth is he needs game time. With Zaba he aint gonna get that as regularly as he wants. Also when does come in he needs 4/5 games to get up to speed, but again (injuries withstanding) he's unlikely to get those amount of games consecutively.
Sometimes you just have to be fair to the player and I honestly think we owe Richards that. So maybe it the best for him is to go and be really appreciated by a manager elsewhere.
Two's Kompany
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Anyone in a City shirt!

Postby mcfc1632 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:13 am

Two's Kompany wrote:I'm a big fan of Richards, but the truth is he needs game time. With Zaba he aint gonna get that as regularly as he wants. Also when does come in he needs 4/5 games to get up to speed, but again (injuries withstanding) he's unlikely to get those amount of games consecutively.
Sometimes you just have to be fair to the player and I honestly think we owe Richards that. So maybe it the best for him is to go and be really appreciated by a manager elsewhere.

I agree with the sentiment, but I think that life has moved on in the football world at the level CITY are at and we as a club and fans need to as well.

We have been fair to Richards - has he not earned circa £3m per year for a long time now with little return - even when he has been fit.

Also, we need a training and fitness regime where players do not need 4 games to get up to speed.

For me Micah represents the old CITY, delighted to have had a potential star come through our club - we will have a lot of such starlets coming through our academy in the coming years and we need to have a clear policy and process regarding how they are progress/retained/exited etc.

Micah has simply not kicked on - injuries are a big factor yes, but I believe that there are others which would have meant that he would not have made the grade even if fit. He seems to lack a football brain and the attitude to make the effort to get back once he has lost the ball whilst wandering. It is this I feel that has led to managers not having confidence in him - for me he is not good enough at RB and a liability at CB.

We are a big club that is going to have a lot of turnover of staff - there will be many starlets that have to leave that will not have had a situation where they have been able to bank £15m without holding down a position.
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:38 am

I have been pro Richards up until the last couple of years, his injuries meant we had no cover and when he was fit and given a run, he was beyond awful and the final nail for me was the Watford game. He was really bad, so bad that we had to bring a player on who needed a rest at half time because we couldnt reply on Richards.

Loved his time at city, Loved his attitude and banter. I seriously want him to find a good club where he will get game time and keep fit, good luck Micah.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:57 am

Why Cut price?, I can see no shortage of interest, 10 mill all day with current figures for bang average players.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:41 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Why Cut price?, I can see no shortage of interest, 10 mill all day with current figures for bang average players.

Absolutely, if he is a first team regular he will do a great job for most teams in the premier league, and very probably improve as a player with it if he stays fit.

But I think a combination of factors will drive the price down. Firstly the club will let him go at a discount rather than full value as a thank you to a loyal player with many years' service so as not to have him uninvolved for another year. Secondly, having signed Sagna, any buying club knows we really want to get rid, so it becomes a buyers market.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby City64 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:51 pm

Sell him . Not even half the player he was ........ easy decision for me .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:13 pm

Im_Spartacus wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:Why Cut price?, I can see no shortage of interest, 10 mill all day with current figures for bang average players.

Absolutely, if he is a first team regular he will do a great job for most teams in the premier league, and very probably improve as a player with it if he stays fit.

But I think a combination of factors will drive the price down. Firstly the club will let him go at a discount rather than full value as a thank you to a loyal player with many years' service so as not to have him uninvolved for another year. Secondly, having signed Sagna, any buying club knows we really want to get rid, so it becomes a buyers market.

cut price with a load of add ons based on future appearances
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:56 pm

This past season, we actually had both Zabaleta and Richards out with injuries, at the same time. What happens if the same multiple player injuries happens this upcoming season? Supposing City are unfortunate again and Zabaleta AND Sagna are injured at the same time... So, all of you that are so quick to sell Micah Richards, are essentially stating that you'd prefer Dedryck Boyata to fill in at right back, instead of Micah Richards?!!

We can assume that it is the intention of City's directors to not only maintain the team's current success, but actually progress and surpass this current level of achievement. If City are truly to compete at the top of level of every competition and actually surpass getting a double, the team might very well need 3-4 top players for certain key positions. There will be times that the team needs very aggressive attacking AND defence on the right wing-- So, there could be specific matches where having Micah Richards or Bacary Sagna would play at the top right, with Zabaleta covering the right back and vice versa... This mirrors the many occasions where we had Kolarov playing as more of an attacking left winger/midfielder, with Clichy covering the left back. All of those players can be very effective playing further back or forward. I really wouldn't be so quick to get rid of a versatile player like Micah Richards.
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:19 pm

WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:This past season, we actually had both Zabaleta and Richards out with injuries, at the same time. What happens if the same multiple player injuries happens this upcoming season? Supposing City are unfortunate again and Zabaleta AND Sagna are injured at the same time... So, all of you that are so quick to sell Micah Richards, are essentially stating that you'd prefer Dedryck Boyata to fill in at right back, instead of Micah Richards?!!

We can assume that it is the intention of City's directors to not only maintain the team's current success, but actually progress and surpass this current level of achievement. If City are truly to compete at the top of level of every competition and actually surpass getting a double, the team might very well need 3-4 top players for certain key positions. There will be times that the team needs very aggressive attacking AND defence on the right wing-- So, there could be specific matches where having Micah Richards or Bacary Sagna would play at the top right, with Zabaleta covering the right back and vice versa... This mirrors the many occasions where we had Kolarov playing as more of an attacking left winger/midfielder, with Clichy covering the left back. All of those players can be very effective playing further back or forward. I really wouldn't be so quick to get rid of a versatile player like Micah Richards.

are you related to AG7?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby PrezIke » Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:24 pm

WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:Bianchi, you seem to have completely forgotten that City must have a certain quota of home-grown or English-trained players. Sorry, but I don't think acquiring Sagna & extending Boyata's contract, are better options than keeping Milner and Richards!!

except isn't the bigger issue that neither, especially micah, are too happy to stay?

from what we understand city want to keep them both but they each want a more key role on the team i.e. in the starting eleven more often.

milner's appearances was i believe amongst the highest on the team, but most of them were as a sub, so that isn't what he wants.

hard to get why richards is as mad, as he has barely been fit for two years.

seems he surely would have gotten more starts had he been able to play.

however, the reality is they both are not as good as the players ahead of them, so this probably bothers them the most.

i still think james is back this season.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby blue 68 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:26 pm

Shame only 26 but not good enough so inevitable really, wish he'd taken different advice years back regards the gym and his annoying DJ act on the side. Wish him well for the future where ever he ends up.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.
blue 68
De Jong's Tackle

Postby ruralblue » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:55 pm

WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:This past season, we actually had both Zabaleta and Richards out with injuries, at the same time. What happens if the same multiple player injuries happens this upcoming season? Supposing City are unfortunate again and Zabaleta AND Sagna are injured at the same time... So, all of you that are so quick to sell Micah Richards, are essentially stating that you'd prefer Dedryck Boyata to fill in at right back, instead

On that basis we carry a squad of 33 players. Understandably not true in the sense of midfield can be shifted about but think the club will want to offload the wages as well.

Sad as anyone to see him go but he isn't fit enough for long enough.

Micah a loyal servant to the club and blue through and through but tthink he's done for us.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:30 am

Nigel's Tackle, I've never asked any of my family if they belong to this forum... So, I may be related to everyone here!!

Ruralblue, with your assumption that Micah (at 26) will never recover long enough to ever be useful to City again, I'm surprised that you're not also suggesting that we should also sell David Silva, Vincent Kompany, Sergio Aguero, Stevan Jovetic, Jack Rodwell, Yaya Toure, Alvaro Negredo, etc, and every other player that has had recurring injury problems!

As I originally stated, I just don't believe that Bacary Sagna will ever be a good enough replacement for Micah Richards, either playing on the pitch, or as a spokesperson representing City...
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:44 am

WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:Nigel's Tackle, I've never asked any of my family if they belong to this forum... So, I may be related to everyone here!!

Ruralblue, with your assumption that Micah (at 26) will never recover long enough to ever be useful to City again, I'm surprised that you're not also suggesting that we should also sell David Silva, Vincent Kompany, Sergio Aguero, Stevan Jovetic, Jack Rodwell, Yaya Toure, Alvaro Negredo, etc, and every other player that has had recurring injury problems!

As I originally stated, I just don't believe that Bacary Sagna will ever be a good enough replacement for Micah Richards, either playing on the pitch, or as a spokesperson representing City...

Sagna is already miles better you dimbulb. Fucks sake...try my recipe for a cleansing renewal I suggested to you earlier in this thread. Spazzy spasmo.
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby dazby » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:15 am

I'll have faith in what management do, but I really wish we had developed him as a centre back. He should have been the foil for Vinnie.

If he wants to go, good for him. He's going to hurt us in the future and we'll miss hiss dressing room humour.

I do hold out hope that he'll stay and fulfill his potential. He just needs to be injury free and he'll make an impact.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum