Willy Caballero

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Willy Caballero

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:54 am

better on the ball, passes like Glen Hoddle.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby john@staustell » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:27 am

As posted above every story in Spanish is 'according to Cadena Cope'.

Last time we quoted them a few weeks ago it was saying Rakitic was about to sign for City (now of Barcelona).

So who knows
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:49 am

also he is 33 in a couple of months, not exactly one for the future.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby lets all have a disco » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:35 am

A keeper called WILLY,i'm in.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:17 am

lets all have a disco wrote:A keeper called WILLY,i'm in.

dick
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby crowdsway » Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:42 pm

Save the knob jokes till weve seen him pull off a couple.
crowdsway
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby zuricity » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:44 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:A keeper called WILLY,i'm in.

Isn't he in the Black eyed Peas ?
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:23 pm

crowdsway wrote:Save the knob jokes till weve seen him pull off a couple.

wanker
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Willy Caballero

Postby blues2win » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:30 am

Spanish website Tiempo de Juego has it that a deal has been reached for the transfer of Willy Caballero for 8 million euros and he is arriving in Manchester tomorrow for his medical.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby john@staustell » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:21 am

All the Spanish papers are carrying it now, including M'alaga Hoy and Marca.

8 million euros indeed.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby john@staustell » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:46 am

I'm at work and dont have time to translate this right now, but basically it is Malaga Hoy talking about Caballero saying goodbye to his old mates and photos of him at Malaga Airport last night. Either he's in Manchester now or he's gone to Tenerife for his jollies!

http://www.malagahoy.es/article/malagac ... alaga.html
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby john@staustell » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:14 am

It seems he was pasing through Malaga from Argentina (assumedly). Not sure if he continued flight to Manchester last night or early Monday:

Minutes after 7pm last night, Willy Caballero arrived at Malaga airport to cmplete his signing for Manchester City, which will be confirmed in the next few hours. With a serious and reflective look, the Argentine keeper spoke to Malaga Hoy in which he wanted to say goodbye to Malaga, although there wont be an official farewell until he passes the medical in England, where he travels today (Monday).

In blue and white and after 16 hours of travel, with connection in Madrid-Barajas, Willy started the last leg of his stay at Malaga. Cautious, wary of a final confirmation of the transfer, the Argentine confirmed his enthusiasm to reunite with Pellegrini, with a tansfer which will give Mlaga around 8 million euros plus add-ons.

Willy will only spend a few more hours in Malaga. Sufficient to seal a transfer hinted ever since Pellegrini became trainer of the current champions of the PL. Things will happen in a mad rush and it is expected the medical will take place today at City, one of the last hurdles to cross, together with how much Willy will allow off his final bonus in Malaga (I think!)

The announement by both clubs is imminent, reported the player himself in the terminal at Malaga. "That is that"

Caballero insisted on saying farewell to his team of the last 3 seasons and a half. Nevertheless there wont be a farewell until the final closure. The club is disposed to have some formal ceremony in the next few weeks, such as happened with Nacho Monreal in 2012.

11th of Feb 2011 Willy became Malaga keeper. Since then he has played 11954 minutes for them. A not inconsiderable figure compared to any keeper in recent years.

His arrival happened at a stormy time. With Pellegrini already on the bench he became the 4th keeper signed, after Galatto, Ruben and Aswenjo, who's unfortunate broken leg in the Sanchez Pizjuan stadium allowed Malaga to get permission to sign another keeper, and therefore sign the Argentine.

32 years old, 33 in September, Willy embarks on what will be, presumably, the last big contract of his career. His departure meant a farewell by one of the best keepers in Malaga history, and also one of the last remnants of the golden ahe which saw La Rosaleda rub shoulders with Europe's best.

On his arrival at Malaga he confessed to having lost hope in making it to the elite of Spanish football, after his long stay at Elche, where he was one of the best keepers in the second division. 3 years later his departure brings an end to the essence of a historic Malaga side.

It will be in the blue half of Manchester where he will meet again with Pellegrini and Martin Demichelis, characters very important in his decision to move. There he will compete again in the Champions League, where he was outstanding with La Rosaleda.

Now it will be the fans who make the atmosphere at the Etihad who will enjoy the 'flights' of Willy, who leaves in Malaga a deep mark with the grateful fans much more legacy than 'Vamos Malaga, carajo'.
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby blues2win » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:25 pm

Martin Blackburn of the Sun says he's in England to complete his transfer.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Invisible Man Fan » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:29 pm

Seems pretty nailed on this. With Pellers being his old gaffer, Daft Martin being one of his mates, us already having a load of Argies, Pantilemon (or however you spell it) doing a runner up north.

There's gonna be a lot of cock jokes soon, I can see it coming.......
"If we fire our manager after just one bad season - We'll become Chelsea"
"If we think we can fix the problem by buying expensive players - We'll become City"
"If we remember the good times to entertain us during the bad times - We'll become Liverpool"

So, keep calm and do it the United way

"We invest in young players, That is what we are good at — we’re not like other clubs who can spend fortunes on proven goods. We know that Manchester City are going to pay stupid money, pay silly salaries and all that. We can’t do anything about it. We concentrate on what we can do to try to bring players in for the right reasons. We invest in those who will be with the club for a long time, who will create the character of the club, who will create excitement for our fans. We are very proud of that and we are going to continue that way" - Alex Ferguson 14th May 2012
Invisible Man Fan
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: City!!
My favourite player is: Alan

Postby Dameerto » Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:36 pm

All these Argentinians - Willy is just the tip of the iceberg.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Dubciteh » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:12 pm

It's a done deal alright but I'm still not sure it makes a whole load of sense. A lot of money for potential benchwarmer.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby ruralblue » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:42 pm

Willy cum, won't he?
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:44 pm

Dubciteh wrote:It's a done deal alright but I'm still not sure it makes a whole load of sense. A lot of money for potential benchwarmer.

Not a hope of him being a benchwarmer, he's coming to challenge Joe no doubt about it.

Pellagrini will do the same as Mancini did with Hart and Given, see how they both get on in pre season and choose who he has as number one from it.

Let's be fair Joe hasn't had any real competition for a few years now, when he was dropped during the season we all knew he'd be back in the squad in no time, at least with some competition it might keep him on his toes, which I can only see as a good thing for him and us.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby bigblue » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:54 pm

Apparently CT have a front page spread of Willy scarfing sausage rolls by the fistful.... Done deal alright
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Dubciteh » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:13 pm

Mark (Blue Army) wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:It's a done deal alright but I'm still not sure it makes a whole load of sense. A lot of money for potential benchwarmer.

Not a hope of him being a benchwarmer, he's coming to challenge Joe no doubt about it.

Pellagrini will do the same as Mancini did with Hart and Given, see how they both get on in pre season and choose who he has as number one from it.

Let's be fair Joe hasn't had any real competition for a few years now, when he was dropped during the season we all knew he'd be back in the squad in no time, at least with some competition it might keep him on his toes, which I can only see as a good thing for him and us.

Well I guess then my point is, one of them is an expensive benchwarmer. Whoever doesn't play is going to be mightily pissed off. I don't like uncertainty over goalkeepers I know competition is good but I prefer if my defence knows exactly who's going to be behind them and they constantly work as a unit rather than not knowing who will be there from one week to the next. I prefer one outstanding keeper who knows he is first choice and an aging second choice who can do a job when and if required but is content not to start most games.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum