Buying Success

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Buying Success

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:31 am

Looking at a few of the transfers lately will we now see our competitors branded as 'Buying Success/The League', as we have been branded, or will it be a case of 'They've Earned it'/'City Had Already Inflated The Market'?

Thoughts?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Re: Buying Success

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:59 am

You know as well as I do Beefy, saddling clubs with astronomical amounts of debt and thereby inflating the transfer market and player's wages is the right way to do things.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:50 am

If Balo, turns up at Emirates will he get a similar press to his time at City, I doubt it..
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:51 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:You know as well as I do Beefy, saddling clubs with astronomical amounts of debt and thereby inflating the transfer market and player's wages is the right way to do things.

I didn't even think about that, where've the Rags got all this money from? If memory serves me right they still have an outstanding debt balance of approx 320 mil which they are still paying heavy interest payments on. They're also showing as only having around 30 mil in the coffers so how can they spend around 120-130 mil in the last year, with more to come, when they've clearly not got that sort of money to do so; especially as they've lost the CL money?

As with the Dippers, they've lost aound 100 mil in the last 2 seasons and are now reportedly spunking a load on the best English players. I seem to remember Brenda telling the world that they didn't spend money and all their players are brought through organically, unlike City who have the most expensively assembled team in the entire universe. Is that what some would call 'Hypocritical'?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:42 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:You know as well as I do Beefy, saddling clubs with astronomical amounts of debt and thereby inflating the transfer market and player's wages is the right way to do things.

I didn't even think about that, where've the Rags got all this money from? If memory serves me right they still have an outstanding debt balance of approx 320 mil which they are still paying heavy interest payments on. They're also showing as only having around 30 mil in the coffers so how can they spend around 120-130 mil in the last year, with more to come, when they've clearly not got that sort of money to do so; especially as they've lost the CL money?

As with the Dippers, they've lost aound 100 mil in the last 2 seasons and are now reportedly spunking a load on the best English players. I seem to remember Brenda telling the world that they didn't spend money and all their players are brought through organically, unlike City who have the most expensively assembled team in the entire universe. Is that what some would call 'Hypocritical'?

It's only hypocritical if you actually know that you are preaching the opposite of what you practise. I doubt that dunce Rodgers has a clue what he's talking about.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby carolina-blue » Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:59 am

Great topic ... I think we have to get used to wearing hard shells . Nothing is going to change I really feel media have an anyone but us atitude .And As for Rogers and co I never thought I could detest anyone as much as the Scum .
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby carolina-blue » Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:01 pm

Great topic ... I think we have to get used to wearing hard shells . Nothing is going to change I really feel media have an anyone but us atitude .And As for Rogers and co I never thought I could detest anyone as much as the Scum .
carolina-blue

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:07 pm

I will be seriously pissed off if they managed to grab Vidal, which all the rumours are pointing towards at the moment.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:12 pm

One of the things that's not mentioned too much is what Chelsea have just done. Chelsea have always been big spenders under RA but this season they've shown that they can actually make money from sales as well. The sales of Luiz and Mata have netted them nearly 90 million and that's where I think we are heading. RA has been a little frivolous with his money but I don't think we have the same mentality.

As a team coming from way behind in all areas, we had to spend on overpriced players just to get us to the level where we compete. Now we are there we have a different philosophy and will be looking to move on players without making a loss, and possibly a profit. What never gets mentioned is that the players we have got are all assets and worth something, and with the quality in our ranks we will be able to command greater prices, even from our Academy lads.

What's happens in the media then?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:16 pm

Im_Spartacus wrote:I will be seriously pissed off if they managed to grab Vidal, which all the rumours are pointing towards at the moment.

Vidal would cost them an absolute fortune. He'd be giving up on CL football and would want compensating handsomely.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Slim » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:03 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:I will be seriously pissed off if they managed to grab Vidal, which all the rumours are pointing towards at the moment.

Vidal would cost them an absolute fortune. He'd be giving up on CL football and would want compensating handsomely.

However, if I was to look at what they need, central midfield is exactly where I'd spunk my cash if I were manager, and Vidal ticks every box they need.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Clowncrete » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:23 pm

Slim wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

However, if I was to look at what they need, central midfield is exactly where I'd spunk my cash if I were manager, and Vidal ticks every box they need.

If i was their manager, I would be buying a Center-back, because Evans, Smalling, Jones all are shit.
Clowncrete
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Super Kev!

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:06 pm

Clowncrete wrote:
Slim wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

If i was their manager, I would be buying a Center-back, because Evans, Smalling, Jones all are shit.

Vidal makes them all 50% better.

If they do land him no reason they can't win the league next year IMHO.
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Slim » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:25 pm

Clowncrete wrote:
Slim wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

They need a few players, and I would look at centrehalves as well. However if we are talking shite, Anderson, Sideshow Bob, Cleverly and Carrick?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby sandman » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:37 am

Hazy2 wrote:If Balo, turns up at Emirates will he get a similar press to his time at City, I doubt it..

He will, it will read Ex-Manchester City Star Man has done some new shit... "
sandman

Supporter of: City

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:05 pm

Buying success?

Buying for sure; success remains to be seen.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby nottsblue » Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:25 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:Buying success?

Buying for sure; success remains to be seen.

Very true. Doubt rags or dippers will seriously challenge for title this year. They will scrap it out for the fourth place methinks
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby dawn » Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:45 am

if the scum don't buy 2 new centre backs there knackered.
dawn
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby gillie » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:46 am

One thing strikes me we are hogtied with FFP restrictions but all our competitors know by next year we will be able to spend more with the break even/profit predictions.I think thats why they are all spending now hoping to get a march on us.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:54 pm

gillie wrote:One thing strikes me we are hogtied with FFP restrictions but all our competitors know by next year we will be able to spend more with the break even/profit predictions.I think thats why they are all spending now hoping to get a march on us.

Is it atall surprising that we are the only club at the moment that is restricted on spend?

And why haven't the media had a crack at them for inflating the market?

Proper bullshit and fine when it comes to the old Sky 4. Maybe they're trying to get the quadruplets back together again.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Return to The Maine Football forum