Friday's B****x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Friday's B****x

Postby Chinners » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:21 am

THE BOLLOX

Man City finally set to seal Zuculini deal
Bruno Zuculini en route to Manchester to finalise the deal
Racing Club have confirmed that Bruno Zuculini is travelling to England to finalise a deal to join Manchester City, more than 6 months after it was initially reported. The 21-year-old midfielder is reported to cost the big-spending, Premier League Champions just £1.5 million.
A statement on the Racing website said, “Bruno Zuculini today traveled to England to perform a medical examination at Manchester City.” With his contract running down at the Avellaneda side where he started his career, City are believed to have wrapped up a deal for as little as £1.5 million.
Zuculini holds an Italian passport so the deal will not be disrupted by any work permit issues and this drawn out transfer will finally be concluded.
A classy defensive midfielder, Zuculini has gone on to play 92 times for Racing since making his debut back in 2010. Comfortable on the ball and capable of bursting forward from deep, Zuculini has scored 10 times for the first team, and is yet another off the Racing academy conveyor belt.
His older brother, Franco was another of Racing’s youth products and also made the move to Europe at a young age when Hoffenheim signed him. Spells at Genoa and Real Zaragoza followed but the older Zuculini now finds himself back in Argentina. Bruno will be hoping his European adventure is more successful.
For the cut price it represents a good deal for Manchester City but unless he is loaned out somewhere it is difficult to see Zuculini getting much playing time. It would be a shame at just 21 to see his development grind to a halt sitting on the bench and playing for the reserves.

Ipswich set to sign former Manchester City youngster
Ipswich Town are set to sign former Manchester City youngster Alex Henshall according to reports in The Green Un.
Henshall spent time on loan atPortman Road last season but failed to make an appearance for the Suffolk club.
The twenty year old winger was offered a contract by boss Mick McCarthy at the end of last season and he will join his new teammates for pre season training next week. Henshall joined Manchester City from Swindon Town, and during his time at City he was named player of the tournament in an academy pre season tournament in Germany in 2011. He has also spent time on loan with Chesterfield and Bristol Rovers,before ending last season on loan at Ipswich. Henshall has also represented England at Under 16 & 17 levels.

Yaya Toure transfer saga runs the risk of destabilising Manchester City’s summer
It was inevitable that Luis Suarez would be the man generating the headlines both front and back page over the past 24-hours after the incident with Giorgio Chiellini in which it appeared that the Liverpool and Uruguay striker took a bite out of the Italian’s shoulder during their clash in the final round of World Cup games.
Had it not been for Suarez though it would very well likely have been Yaya Toure that generated the column inches and airwave discussions. In fact, Toure had become the topic de jour before any talk around him was stopped in his tracks immediately by Suarez.
And there may be more than one or two around The Etihad Stadium thankful of that for just when ‘Cake-gate’ was beginning to drift into distant memory an interview with France Football when he cast further doubt over his treatment by the club.
It was recently announced the younger brother of Toure had died of cancer and the midfielder claimed that City had been far from accommodating during this time, saying: ‘At the end of the season, I wanted to stay for four or five days with my brother before I flew to prepare for the World Cup with Ivory Coast, except that City did not want to grant me a few days.’
The comments of course swiftly generated headlines, again pitting Toure against the club so soon after comments from his agent over the supposed lack of respect shown to the Ivorian, who saw his side crash out of the World Cup at the hands of Greece on Tuesday evening.
City have so far not issued a statement regarding the matter but members of the Manchester-based press pack steadfastly defended the club and it should be noted that City have a history of support in this area, in particular to Roberto Mancini, Carlos Tevez, Pablo Zabaleta and Emmanuel Adebayor.
Whilst the Suarez incident (and to a lesser extent the continual World Cup coverage) has nullified the potential impact of Toure’s comments you do get the sense that this is an issue bubbling away underneath the surface and liable to come to the boil at any time.
It appears on the face of it to be a black and white issue: either the club have acted in a way lacks of compassion and respect at such a critical time or Toure is not being truthful.
Having read the full transcript, the comments do not appear quite as incendiary as they do when placed in the context of a headline but the overriding suspicion remains that Toure may be attempting to engineer a move away from the club.
After such a rent-a-quote operation from Toure’s agent Dimitri Seluk at the end of the season he has been conspicuously quiet this time around. Unsurprisingly, the City hierarchy have remained silent.
With City progressing nicely in the transfer market this summer the last they need is a destabilising force such as Toure agitating for a move to throw such plans into chaos – which, if true, leaves City with some tough decisions to contend with.

Argentina’s Sergio Agüero to miss Swiss match with injury
The Argentina striker Sergio Agüero will miss the last-16 clash with Switzerland after suffering a muscle injury in his left leg and could be out of the World Cup should they progress.
Agüero’s injury in the 3-2 victory over Nigeria on Wednesday is a major blow to the South Americans’ campaign to capture a third World Cup, this time on the soil of their great rivals Brazil.
The team doctor, Daniel Martinez, told reporters the 26-year-old was undergoing magnetic resonance and other urgent treatments at the team’s camp in Belo Horizonte. “We have all the resources available to progress as quickly as possible,” he said. “He won’t be ready for the Switzerland game, and from there we’ll check his evolution day by day.”
Other sources close to the team said Agüero would almost certainly also be out for further games if Argentina progress.
The Manchester City forward, part of Argentina’s so-called Fab Four of strikers, was taken off during the first half of the match against Nigeria that gave them top spot in Group F.
Nicknamed Kun after a Japanese cartoon character, Agüero is a close friend of the national team captain, Lionel Messi, and is also the father of Diego Maradona’s first grandson. Argentina play Switzerland in São Paulo on Tuesday.
Fellow strikers Ezequiel Lavezzi or Rodrigo Palacio could take Agüero’s place.
“We have forwards of the same style as Agüero and others, with a different style, like Lavezzi, who came in and handled himself well on the wings and helped us cover spaces,” the Argentina coach, Alejandro Sabella, said after the Nigeria game, where Lavezzi replaced Agüero.

Liverpool have joined Uruguay in considering legal action against Fifa after striker Luis Suarez, 27, was given a four-month ban from all footballing activity for biting Giorgio Chiellini. Times

The four-month suspension from all football has given Barcelona hope that they get Suarez for around £50m. Daily Mirror

However, the Reds insist they will not let Suarez leave on the cheap despite his punishment. Daily Star

Uruguay great Alcides Ghiggia, who scored the winning goal in the 1950 World Cup final in Brazil, has become the first prominent Uruguayan to criticise Suarez. Telegraph

Oscar Tabarez's squad have landed in Rio for their last-16 tie with Colombia, while Suarez has flown home to Uruguay. Guardian

Juventus playmaker Andrea Pirlo, 35, has responded to Italy's failure to progress from the group stage of the World Cup by revealing he is ready to reverse his decision to retire from international football at the end of the tournament. Telegraph

Nigerian striker Peter Odemwingie says Lionel Messi can forget about lifting the World Cup unless his Argentina team-mates sort out their dodgy defending. Sun

Manchester United are preparing to test Juventus' resolve over Arturo Vidal, 27, by launching a £30m bid for the Chile midfielder. Daily Star

Sevilla claims Liverpool's pursuit of left-back Alberto Moreno, 21, is all but over after the clubs failed to agree a fee. The Spanish side want £20m. Independent

Italy striker Mario Balotelli will not be returning to the Premier League with Arsenal after AC Milan chief executive Adriano Galliani told AC Milan's website that the 23-year-old will remain with the club. Daily Express

Arsenal are considering a £21m bid for Bayern Leverkusen midfielder Lars Bender after having a £15m offer for the 25-year-old rejected last summer. Daily Express

Arsenal have turned their attention to Newcastle United defender Mathieu Debuchy, 28. Metro

New West Brom boss Alan Irvine is ready to make a fresh £1.75m bid for Dundee United left-back Andrew Robertson, 20. Metro

Former FA chairman David Bernstein has delivered a damning indictment of the organisation he led until last year, urging the Government to impose change at the top of the English game or condemn the national team to "a vicious circle of failure". Telegraph

A picture was tweeted of USA president Barack Obama watching his country's game against Germany aboard Air Force One en-route to Minneapolis.

Pop singer Rihanna, from Barbados, continues to use Twitter to support whichever team is playing the USA. Bleacher Report

England and Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere tweeted: "Lying in my bed thinking about the World Cup, this feeling will haunt me for a while! Only good thing is I have my son snoring next to me!"

Cheryl Cole has become Newcastle United's latest signing after the former Girls Aloud singer was given a personalised shirt at X-Factor auditions in the city. DSSC

MORE BOLLOX LATER
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Friday's B****x

Postby Dameerto » Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:28 am

I wonder if Wilshire is blaming Man City fans for England's poor performances?
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:19 am

Dameerto wrote:I wonder if Wilshire is blaming Man City fans for England's poor performances?

Nice to see he is even boring his son to sleep.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:37 am

Arsenal have turned their attention to Newcastle United defender Mathieu Debuchy, 28. Metro

Please be true.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Return to The Maine Football forum