Muntari and Prince-Boateng Expelled from World Cup

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Muntari and Prince-Boateng Expelled from World Cup

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:52 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28035928

World Cup 2014: Muntari & Boateng expelled by Ghana

Sulley Muntari and Kevin-Prince Boateng have been kicked out of Ghana's World Cup squad for indiscipline.
A statement on the Ghana Football Association website said both players "have been suspended indefinitely".
Boateng, of Schalke 04, has been expelled for "vulgar verbal insults targeted at coach Kwesi Appiah during the team's training session in Maceio".
AC Milan's Muntari has been punished for an "unprovoked physical attack on an executive committee member".
The Ghana FA statement added that the incident involving Muntari took place on Tuesday and named Moses Armah, who is a member of the team management, as the man assaulted by the 29-year-old midfielder.
And Boateng, a 27-year-old German-born midfielder, was said by the Ghana FA to have "showed no remorse for his actions".
The news comes one day after Ghana's government sent in excess of $3m (£1,8m) in a chartered plane to Brazil to pay the players' appearance fees.
The Black Stars had threatened to boycott Thursday's match against Portugal if they did not receive their money, prompting the government to take action.
Ghana could still have an outside chance of qualifying for the knockout phase of the tournament if they beat Portugal and there is a winner between the other Group G match between Germany and United States - although the Black Stars would also need to overtake their rivals' superior goal difference.
However, the-off-the field incidents are likely to overshadow events on the pitch and severely damage Ghanaian football's reputation.

Talk about timing!
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: Muntari and Prince-Boateng Expelled from World Cup

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:58 am

interested to here peter parker's view on this....
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby gillie » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:12 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:interested to here peter parker's view on this....

Seems he was right in his point of view even he did word it rather badly.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:42 am

Getting paid to play fornyour country is ridiculous. It's an honor you are free to exercise. Of course someone like Kevin Prince Boateng isn't really Ghanaian in the first place.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:12 am

Playing for Manchester City is just as much an honour as playing for some national FA. Why would they do that for free? It's their profession!

And who are you to say what Boateng "really" is or isn't?

Fuckin' dreadful post.
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:22 am

I Just Blue Myself wrote:Playing for Manchester City is just as much an honour as playing for some national FA. Why would they do that for free? It's their profession!

And who are you to say what Boateng "really" is or isn't?

Fuckin' dreadful post.

Because, as far as I know, he had never set foot in Ghana before joining their National team. And because his Brother, who actually had a choice on the matter, chose to play for Germany. That's why.

Professional Football is just what it says, Professional. National team is about REPRESENTING your Nation. It's not a job but a priviledge. If you see it hindering your profession then don't do it.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:34 am

I doubt most players are that fussed about the money they get from international games BUT, if there is a payment due to you, & you feel that a bunch of fucking suits are going to go out on the piss on YOUR money, rather than paying it to you as agreed, then imo, anyone would kick up fuck about it.

I would if I thought Gerg fucking Dyke was having me over on my appearence money & keeping it for himself.

I imagine that there are a bunch of Sepp Blatter types in the Ghanaian FA who the players think are quite capable of conning them out of their money.

As for Boateng etc. Should be expelled for being shit.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:09 am

Ted Hughes wrote:I doubt most players are that fussed about the money they get from international games BUT, if there is a payment due to you, & you feel that a bunch of fucking suits are going to go out on the piss on YOUR money, rather than paying it to you as agreed, then imo, anyone would kick up fuck about it.

I would if I thought Gerg fucking Dyke was having me over on my appearence money & keeping it for himself.

I imagine that there are a bunch of Sepp Blatter types in the Ghanaian FA who the players think are quite capable of conning them out of their money.

As for Boateng etc. Should be expelled for being shit.

There was a similar situation a few seasons back when Adebayor did exactly the same. He stated that it wasn't specifically for himself as he had the wonga already but moreso for some of the other players who weren't on sucj lucrative contracts.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:48 am

NQDP

You can't really compare the situation with playing for a national team over here in Europe with what seems to be the general situation over in some parts of Sub-saharan Africa. There's a lot of threads about FIFA and UEFA and even FA and corruption on this board but that's nothing compared with the situation donw in Ghana for example, where a few people are under investigation for trying to sell a result to undercover journalists. The bonus payments are the same every year and I'm, guiessing that's related to the general level of corruption. The players know their federations make money from their participation in the world cup so they want a slice, especially as they know that the money the federation makes will end up in the pockes of the board members and not invested in youth football and such.

Plus there's also the issue of nationalism in many former colonies, with different ethnicities and languages in the same country, etc etc.

Also, as far as I know, a player can never decide by himself to retire from a national team or not to participate in a world cup or the like. They are under obligation to go if they are called. When a player retires from international football, he or she needs an ok from the federation and the coach. I'm not gonna swear on the bible on this but I remember reading an interview with a former Swedish national manager who said something along the lines of "a player can't decide his own retirement, but he can ask to not be picked in the future".
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:54 am

Cocacolajojo wrote:NQDP

You can't really compare the situation with playing for a national team over here in Europe with what seems to be the general situation over in some parts of Sub-saharan Africa. There's a lot of threads about FIFA and UEFA and even FA and corruption on this board but that's nothing compared with the situation donw in Ghana for example, where a few people are under investigation for trying to sell a result to undercover journalists. The bonus payments are the same every year and I'm, guiessing that's related to the general level of corruption. The players know their federations make money from their participation in the world cup so they want a slice, especially as they know that the money the federation makes will end up in the pockes of the board members and not invested in youth football and such.

Plus there's also the issue of nationalism in many former colonies, with different ethnicities and languages in the same country, etc etc.

Also, as far as I know, a player can never decide by himself to retire from a national team or not to participate in a world cup or the like. They are under obligation to go if they are called. When a player retires from international football, he or she needs an ok from the federation and the coach. I'm not gonna swear on the bible on this but I remember reading an interview with a former Swedish national manager who said something along the lines of "a player can't decide his own retirement, but he can ask to not be picked in the future".

Wait, what?
You retire from international football by "saying fuck that shit" and never stepping into plane that takes you to game. Doesn't matter one iota what some coach says. No one is contractually obliged to play for any given country. Now, it's whole another thing whether you can go back to your country in some hell hole parts of the world,

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby dazby » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:00 am

I'm considering retiring from international football in the next couple of years. But for now, I'll hold out for that call up.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:34 pm

First of all, going to the airport just to say you're not gonna enter the airplane seems a bit dramatic.

Second of all, I tried googling yesterday to find some information but I'm bad at googling. Turns out you can try to talk your players into retiring from international football on FM nowadays though, had missed that.

Found this though, I thought it was quite funny:

http://backofthenet.wikia.com/wiki/Retired_From_International_Football

Ryan Giggs - Giggs is probably the finest left winger in Premier League history. Unfortunately, in addition to having a rug for a chest, Giggs was born in Wales. Despite captaining the England schoolboys team at Wembley, Giggs ultimately chose to play for Wales and as a result has never played in the finals of a major tournament. Giggs famously didn't play in a Welsh friendly for 9 years and in 2007 he decided that he'd had enough of such silliness and retired from international football.

Jason Koumas - Jason is not nearly as good as Giggs, yet even he decided that playing for Wales was a complete waste of time and retired aged 29. So apathetic was Koumas to the Welsh cause, that he rarely turned up for training and even went so far as to edit his Championship Manager, changing his nationality to Cypriot.

Paul Scholes - The Ginger Ninja, despite being only 4ft 2in tall, was the first person in England to see the impending iceberg commonly known as The Gerrard/Lampard Combination taking over all England midfield duties for the next 17 years or so. He therefore decided to end his international career with dignity by retiring. Sadly, this left no viable competition (Kieron Dyer notwithstanding) for Lampard's place in England sides throughout the 21st century.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Slim » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:26 pm

dazby wrote:I'm considering retiring from international football in the next couple of years. But for now, I'll hold out for that call up.

Have you considered getting capped for Wales? Apparently anyone can do that.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby JamieMCFC » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:12 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Getting paid to play fornyour country is ridiculous. It's an honor you are free to exercise. Of course someone like Kevin Prince Boateng isn't really Ghanaian in the first place.

So you think the Ghana FA should get the entire 8 million for the team qualifying for the World Cup?
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby dazby » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:50 am

Slim wrote:
dazby wrote:I'm considering retiring from international football in the next couple of years. But for now, I'll hold out for that call up.

Have you considered getting capped for Wales? Apparently anyone can do that.

I have standards mate. I'll go low, but never that low.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Return to The Maine Football forum