New Home Kit

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: New Home Kit

Postby Moonchesteri » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:34 pm

city9_4eva wrote:
Moonchesteri wrote:Here's another pic

When will this be officially unveiled? Any idea? Currently it seems we'll start our pre-season with last seasons kit. Not that it matters but I'd still want to know for certain

That shirt is a fake, on the real ones the e of etihad starts to the left of the tick and the d finishes to the right of the badge, also the eagle wings dont touch the edge of the shield on the real shirts, and finally it doesn's say we are cityzens on the real ones, colour is slightly off as well, also this pictured one is the wrong material....... Just saying.

Be careful how you spend your money

Good advice. Though personally I never buy shirts or other clothes at all online as I always want to try them on first to be sure the size is spot on. So club shop only for me

I'd imagine the overall look is still that or very similar & I think it's quite all right. Not my favourite but decent t-shirt
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Green & Blue » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:16 pm

I must say it looks a bit better in this pic.It actually looks like it's fitted.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby ant london » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:42 am

ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:43 am

Just looks like
Last years mixed with the year before to me. Bet it's the cheap shit material from last year though.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby xavi6 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:19 am

Confirmed on the OS. Fuck Nike, their blue shorts and the shit shield around the crest.

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/20 ... -pre-order

http://backpagefootball.com/ featuring our new PODCAST!!!

You can't spell 'Failure' without 'F.A.I.'
xavi6
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Zab

Postby Invisible Man Fan » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:24 am

Im not a hater of the home shirt, I may be a hater of the Away shirt if it is the effort shown earlier in this thread. Looks like it might be now though.....

It looks better with those Gold badges on the sleeves!
"If we fire our manager after just one bad season - We'll become Chelsea"
"If we think we can fix the problem by buying expensive players - We'll become City"
"If we remember the good times to entertain us during the bad times - We'll become Liverpool"

So, keep calm and do it the United way

"We invest in young players, That is what we are good at — we’re not like other clubs who can spend fortunes on proven goods. We know that Manchester City are going to pay stupid money, pay silly salaries and all that. We can’t do anything about it. We concentrate on what we can do to try to bring players in for the right reasons. We invest in those who will be with the club for a long time, who will create the character of the club, who will create excitement for our fans. We are very proud of that and we are going to continue that way" - Alex Ferguson 14th May 2012
Invisible Man Fan
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: City!!
My favourite player is: Alan

Postby john@staustell » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:38 am

Not really one to bother too much about kits but I can remember how much we all hated the blue shorts last time around. Mind you no one can say we look like Coventry now as they seem to have disappeared off the face of the earth.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:29 am

ant london wrote:Image

Looks good on the players.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Blue Since 76 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:38 am

john@staustell wrote:Not really one to bother too much about kits but I can remember how much we all hated the blue shorts last time around. Mind you no one can say we look like Coventry now as they seem to have disappeared off the face of the earth.

I'm trying to convince the Cov fan in the office to change allegiance - he can still shout for City and we've even nicked their kit

Love the comment on the OS about how Nike has done 3D models of top footballers to get the perfect fit. So will Silva and Negredo have the same shirt? Plus, this is all about replicas, so whilst modelling it on a twenty something athlete means it'll look great on me, it's not going to suit the rest of you fat bastards.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:49 am

I think it looks marvellous

very nice indeed
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:58 am

[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Dwaring » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:51 am

Don't tell nike. I actually like it.
Dwaring
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Yaya toure

Postby JamieMCFC » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:09 pm

xavi6 wrote:Confirmed on the OS. Fuck Nike, their blue shorts

Maybe they are trying to go for the retro look.

JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby john@staustell » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:41 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:
john@staustell wrote:Not really one to bother too much about kits but I can remember how much we all hated the blue shorts last time around. Mind you no one can say we look like Coventry now as they seem to have disappeared off the face of the earth.

I'm trying to convince the Cov fan in the office to change allegiance - he can still shout for City and we've even nicked their kit

Love the comment on the OS about how Nike has done 3D models of top footballers to get the perfect fit. So will Silva and Negredo have the same shirt? Plus, this is all about replicas, so whilst modelling it on a twenty something athlete means it'll look great on me, it's not going to suit the rest of you fat bastards.

Sadly you are right. All my squash and footie medals have 20+ years of dust on - with these shirts I either dont bother or get size XXXXXXXXL as skin-tight isn't really very flattering on me these days!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby MUS » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:48 pm

I don't understand why everyone seems to hate the Nike kits.
I've got last years and think its terrific, easily the nicest looking home shirt and of awesome quality.
Have I missed something here? I think the quality is top notch!
CENTURIONS
MUS
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Dameerto » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:08 pm

That badge is terrible, why use a shitty shield design? It needs to be properly cut out.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Dwaring » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:47 pm

If someone finds last years Third kit with price dropped could you shoot me a link. I would like it but not at full price for an old kit
Dwaring
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Yaya toure

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:04 pm

craigmcfc wrote:That home kit will look great on the players.

It won't if they wear those blue shorts.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby craigmcfc » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:19 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
craigmcfc wrote:That home kit will look great on the players.

It won't if they wear those blue shorts.

See the pics above, I was correct.
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby BlueinBosnia » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:41 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:
city9_4eva wrote:That shirt is a fake, on the real ones the e of etihad starts to the left of the tick and the d finishes to the right of the badge, also the eagle wings dont touch the edge of the shield on the real shirts, and finally it doesn's say we are cityzens on the real ones, colour is slightly off as well, also this pictured one is the wrong material....... Just saying.

Be careful how you spend your money

Good advice. Though personally I never buy shirts or other clothes at all online as I always want to try them on first to be sure the size is spot on. So club shop only for me

I'd imagine the overall look is still that or very similar & I think it's quite all right. Not my favourite but decent t-shirt

It's real from what I can tell. Badge is the same, shirt colour is highly dependent on camera & lighting, I'm pretty sure the real ones say 'We are Cityzens' on the inside, and finally the sponsor logo is only made in limited sizes, so depending on shirt size, it will start and end before, in the middle of, or after the tick and badge (was the same with the old old Umbro kits - I bought a GK kit the size bigger than me as a kid, because it had an 'adult size' badge on, whereas my size kit was a badge size smaller).
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum