New Home Kit

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: New Home Kit

Postby Alex Sapphire » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:02 pm

ant london wrote:
xavi6 wrote:Both kits are shite, the blue shorts just top it all off. This will probably be the first season where I won't buy one or both.

Agree

Beyond awful. Kits for cunts

you got yours yet :)
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby craigmcfc » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:51 pm

Interested to see what the 3rd kit is going to be like, now SoF said that it could be the one that everyone likes.
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby ant london » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:28 pm

Alex Sapphire wrote:
ant london wrote:
xavi6 wrote:Both kits are shite, the blue shorts just top it all off. This will probably be the first season where I won't buy one or both.

Agree

Beyond awful. Kits for cunts

you got yours yet :)

waiting list #003 ;-)
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby MSG77 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:55 am

Allow me to agree with everyone who thinks these kits are terrible.

The home - not so bad on its own. No worse than last year probably, although I wasn't a big fan of that either.

But that badge - that has to go. I hate that stupid badge. The thickly embroidered almost 3D badges applied directly to the Umbro kits were so good. I hate this stupid shield type badge on the Nike kits.

Blue shorts - wank. Not a fan of the Coventry City look. And the navy trim on the shirt is OK, but on the side of the shorts looks cheap. Those look like training shorts. Not a fan. At all.

Away kit - Jesus! Beyond shit.

Collar - doesn't look good. Gradients - always shitty. Honestly, who green lighted that thing? Should be fired.

When we won the title I thought "I hope the away kit is nice so I can get it with the gold PL badges". Not to be I guess. Not only would I not pay 70 quid for that, I'm not sure I would wear it if you gave me the 70 quid. Its that bad.

Compare that to the navy with sky blue collar insert or the maroon with the gold print that we had from Umbro in the past few years. This is so much worse, almost makes me want to cry. These Nike away kits are so bad. Last year and this.
"this man is a equivalent of large and strong a construction that badly constructed you know, but without real figure, as you say, it does not classify. a thus affectionate man of the alcoholic drink can only influence its condition lies them. the mental state! that is why own goals from richard are many, the guilt shall lie only at legs of Arthur Guinness!" - LazioFanFromManchester
MSG77
Sun Jihai's Vacant Smile

Postby MSG77 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:10 am

Sister of fu wrote:Third kit sounds nice but can't really say anymore at the mo. I think this will be the one people like.

Also, on this -

I'm not ITK or anything and I don't have any pics of kits laid on dodgy printed carpets or in front of wood paneling or anything.

But RE 3rd (Europe Away) kits - The club has released the new training gear. And it includes this - Image

and this - Image

So I don't think its exactly rocket surgery to figure out the 3rd kit is going to be royal blue with yellow trim. Unless Nike is in the business of making N98 jackets and matchday polos that aren't in the color scheme of the matchday kits. Which seems unlikely.

I'd be shocked if the 3rd kits don't look like this. Which maybe depending on design might not actually look like total shit.

Maybe they can steal a bit from the old Golden State Warriors jerseys. Maybe they'll just have this color scheme and say "City" across the front.

"this man is a equivalent of large and strong a construction that badly constructed you know, but without real figure, as you say, it does not classify. a thus affectionate man of the alcoholic drink can only influence its condition lies them. the mental state! that is why own goals from richard are many, the guilt shall lie only at legs of Arthur Guinness!" - LazioFanFromManchester
MSG77
Sun Jihai's Vacant Smile

Postby ant london » Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:51 am

I'm not ITK but I know someone who is....and the third kit is not that colour
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby MSG77 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:39 am

ant london wrote:I'm not ITK but I know someone who is....and the third kit is not that colour

Is it Puma?

In all seriousness tho, where the hell did that colour scheme come from then? I'm legitimately confused now.

Why would they make official warmups and polos that don't match the kits at all? Simple cash grab? For those suckers who buy everything regardless?

Not sure how deep your ITK goes (it may just be SOF) and if they are on the design side, but I'd like to know.

I'm kinda disappointed now as those warmups look better than anything thats been released from the home and away kits.
MSG77
Sun Jihai's Vacant Smile

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:13 am

MSG77 wrote:
ant london wrote:I'm not ITK but I know someone who is....and the third kit is not that colour

Is it Puma?

In all seriousness tho, where the hell did that colour scheme come from then? I'm legitimately confused now.

Why would they make official warmups and polos that don't match the kits at all? Simple cash grab? For those suckers who buy everything regardless?

Not sure how deep your ITK goes (it may just be SOF) and if they are on the design side, but I'd like to know.

I'm kinda disappointed now as those warmups look better than anything thats been released from the home and away kits.

Why would we have a blue third strip? I'm already surprised the away shirt has blue in it.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby craigmcfc » Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:18 am

MSG77 wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:Third kit sounds nice but can't really say anymore at the mo. I think this will be the one people like.

So I don't think its exactly rocket surgery to figure out the 3rd kit is going to be royal blue with yellow trim. Unless Nike is in the business of making N98 jackets and matchday polos that aren't in the color scheme of the matchday kits. Which seems unlikely.

I'd be shocked if the 3rd kits don't look like this. Which maybe depending on design might not actually look like total shit.

Maybe they can steal a bit from the old Golden State Warriors jerseys. Maybe they'll just have this color scheme and say "City" across the front.

Well I'm not ITK but it doesn't take an expert to know that all 3 kits are NOT going to be different shades of blue!
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Moonchesteri » Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:30 am

MSG77 wrote:

Is it Puma?

We've ALWAYS had very strangely coloured training shirts & other stuff so you can't read anything from those anyway
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby ashton287 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:50 am

Realised that home shirt is a bit like the centenary shirt, maybe that was what they were going for.
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: De jong

Postby Rae4685 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:20 pm

ashton287 wrote:I like the away one.

The home one is nothing worse than this years or the one before or the one before.

As long as someone else buys them me for christmas I won't mind wearing either. Not paying for them myself though.

I like the home one but the away one would make a lad from benchill look chavvy! How about you buy me one for xmas and i buy you one win win
Rae4685
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

My favourite player is: Edin Dzeko

Postby JamieMCFC » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:48 pm

ashton287 wrote:Realised that home shirt is a bit like the centenary shirt, maybe that was what they were going for.

JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:53 am

I'm not sure what the new kits will actually look like, but I definitely would buy the latest training shirts-- I hope these will be on sale soon!!

http://content.mcfc.co.uk/~/media/Images/Home/News/Club%20news/2014/2014-15%20BTS%20Galleries/Players%20arrive%20back%20BTS/The%20Beast%20in%20carrington.ashx
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Manchester City FC

Postby Blue In Bolton » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:22 pm

Blue In Bolton
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: David White

Postby deedoc » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:29 pm

personally think its ok. just wondered if many city fans travelling to Dundee for the friendly . I AM DUNDEE SUPPORTER and have a ticket for the game
deedoc
Carlo Nash's Debut

Supporter of: dundee fc
My favourite player is: peter mc donald

Postby Dameerto » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:24 pm

Blue In Bolton wrote:Just seen this and thought why couldn't this be our 3rd kit for this season:
http://www.footballshirtculture.com/14/15-Kits/fc-zenit-saint-petersburg-2014-2015-nike-away-football-shirt-kit.html

Same colour scheme as Melbourne City's home shirt, but their stripe is vertical and off centre - I really like theirs.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Moonchesteri » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:21 pm

Here's another pic

When will this be officially unveiled? Any idea? Currently it seems we'll start our pre-season with last seasons kit. Not that it matters but I'd still want to know for certain
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Sister of fu » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:53 pm

I'm sure they are due to wear the new kit on Sunday. I was really shocked when in the shop last week and the old kit was still at full price. I asked why this was and the shop assistants couldn't answer. Pretty naughty charging £65 for an old shirt.
Sister of fu

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby city9_4eva » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:19 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:Here's another pic

When will this be officially unveiled? Any idea? Currently it seems we'll start our pre-season with last seasons kit. Not that it matters but I'd still want to know for certain

That shirt is a fake, on the real ones the e of etihad starts to the left of the tick and the d finishes to the right of the badge, also the eagle wings dont touch the edge of the shield on the real shirts, and finally it doesn's say we are cityzens on the real ones, colour is slightly off as well, also this pictured one is the wrong material....... Just saying.

Be careful how you spend your money
city9_4eva
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum